Metro says break 'coúld last 10 years'!!

jonloch1

1 hour ago, cieldemiel said:

This is very sad if it's true, the 10 years claim seems too long to be true, however, we have to think about how long the Conservatorship has been in action, surely due to the support behind it and the time put into it, it's going to take a long time to be fully rid off. I wonder if Britney is somewhere she isn't controlled at the moment then, especially if her only confidants are that of Sam and Lynne?

This break from music has been coming for a long time, she deserves it and to be completely honest I think many of her problems come from the fact that she has never had much chance to think about herself. By constantly working she doesn't have to face her emotions and now she has this hiatus to really focus on who she is and what she desires. 

IA. She deserves and needs it. She has to focus on herself first and I hope she will be able to feel free, herself in some way. She cant grow up more if people are constantly telling her what and what not to do, controlling her and such. The same thing happens to her artistry. I dont think she feels inspired bc she isnt living as she really wanted. 

I love Britney with all my heart, I follow her since the beginning and although I wasnt happy with her currant work, it hurts to think about her retiring, but Britney the human being is more important than albums. She has had enough and gave so many people joy for years, so she deserves her happy ending whatever that its. I hope she gets free and ill support her whatever is her decision. 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KingBEN said:

Bro, this is exactly what that one tarot reader predicted!!! 

So, Britney made a conscious decision to give up her career while she fights“ 

she’s not going to lift a finger until they end the conservatorship. The end is coming and I see the light, she is just going to have to pay a few people off, unfortunately.  

i still can’t wait to see who these three iconic female singers are he said would be helping her. 

Gaga, Miley and Madonna. 

1 hour ago, Thecodeman25 said:

I doubt it will be 10 years before she works in some way, but maybe it could be 5-10 years before she is out of c-ship. I’ve said it all along I dont see it ending until the boys are 18. That’s the main thing they can hold over her head.

Ia, but isnt she barely seeing them now? All these years she probably played with Jamies bullshit bc she could see her kids more, but he abused her kid and she isnt seeing them that much anymore. So how he will make her work if he cant blackmail her with the kids anymore?

Also Jamie doesnt give a **** about the cship on her well being, so if she refuses to work and make these people more money, whats the point of this old dude to keep fighting over being her conservator? Only the power? He must love the power, but I bet the money is even more interesting for him, Lou and all others shady people in her life.

Whilst I agree Britney should stop performing and making music until she is out of the conservatorship, she should have done that inbetween Circus and FF. She would have had the big comeback and proved she was competent and able to handle herself at that point. I don't know why she let herself be a slave from 2010 to 2019. 

If she takes the break now she won't have much of a career to come back to in 10 years. Someone mentioned Cher but she has a much larger and more varied discography, style and fanbase, whereas Britney has always been fairly one note in her style (*** and clubbing) and doesn't have as wide a following as Cher. 

1 hour ago, jonloch1 said:

That's my worry with if she did take 10 years off. in 10 years, she'll be 48 which I know isn't 'old' nowadays but the type of songs she sings and performances she does, I cant imagine her doing when shes nearing 50s. and I do think she would lose all her fanbase because by that point we'll all be 40s, 50s [well not me ill only be 38 lol] . 

I really hope this isn't true. tbh if she is planning to take that long, she may as well announce her retirement and do a Goodbye greatest hits album and then say that's it. there no point coming back after 10 years. Christina took long breaks over 5 years between albums and her albums now totally bomb.

1 hour ago, jonloch1 said:

yeh but Cher is very different. im not knocking Britney but when Cher 'ended' her career in 2005, she did 40 years in the business and she was still selling millions of albums worldwide. and also over the 12 years, she was still in the public eye doing interviews, acting, she was on the Burlesque soundtrack. so she didn't completely retire 

You've got some interesting points, not gonna lie, but I'd like to point out one thing: despite Cher being around for >40 years in the music industry, back in the late 60s, most of the 70s, and the early 80s, she released flop album after flop album. Xtina's last three albums haven't been major commercial successes either, but Liberation was a really good album and she finally returned to the stage after a long break from touring. Commercial success isn't everything (at least, to me). :mhm:

2 hours ago, G-unit said:

Happy for her if it’s what she wants to do.  It’s sad though, because If she is really still into her career (as the rumor about Domination’s cancellation claimed she was), ten years is taking a lot away from her artistry and her ability to do what she loves just to get back what was literally stolen from her...she’s only going to continue to age and when she does get back to it, we all know this crazy *** fan base will expected Primeney, and that’s just out of the question at that age.

thats the thing with music though.. you can re-invent yourself and not all has to be about her being a **** kitten in every new era lol. She could still dance and perform and at that time maybe the focus could turn on her vocals instead and create a mature version of Britney Spears 

Just thinking. I wonder how Britney and her career would be now if they’d allowed her time to truly heal after the cship was put in place, instead of quickly getting her back in the spotlight, on HIMYM, recording new music, touring, Candies endorsement, controlling & manipulating her and the public via tmz, etc?? 

Would her emotional state have been better and more steady? Would she still be so dependent and looking to “boyfriends” for fulfillment and connecting her self worth to being in a relationship? Would her “comeback” still have happened if Circus/tour was released around 2011?? She’s need time away from the spotlight for years. Legal mess and cship aside, I’m happy she’s on a break. She needed to deal with her trauma, her issues in ways that’s not just dancing and recording or doping her up with mind-numbing meds. Find another outlet. I’m not anti-meds but meds alone isn’t enough to get to the root issues. 

ETA- I mean if the cship had served it’s alleged intended purpose from the start,  which was to get Britney treatment for her condition and help her regain custody of her sons. If those in charge of her life and finances had not have used the cship to control Britney, over protect her, micro manage, and refill hers & their own bank accounts, manipulate fans with planted and approved stories via TMZ’s - whose narrative is mostly lies, misleading and bias against Britney- would she be in better shape today nearly 12 years later , when it comes to her mental health, emotion well being and her artistry too?? 🤔 

2 hours ago, G-unit said:

Happy for her if it’s what she wants to do.  It’s sad though, because If she is really still into her career (as the rumor about Domination’s cancellation claimed she was), ten years is taking a lot away from her artistry and her ability to do what she loves just to get back what was literally stolen from her...she’s only going to continue to age and when she does get back to it, we all know this crazy *** fan base will expected Primeney, and that’s just out of the question at that age.

Not completely, look at Madonna, Cher, etc   Plus she's very active. Whatever happens I just hope it's her choice and for the better. I hope continues in the music industry but only if she wants. She gave millions of people a childhood, she deserves happiness :kidcries:

• Content Curators

If y’all think about it the last piece of me tour show was just a year ago

usually doesn’t she take a year or two off until she starts again anyways 

I Can lay u a bet she would get too bored to take longer than two years at max of a break

And plus I think doing shows and music is like therapy to her and it kinda gets her away from her dad for some time so I think it’s not the worst thing in the world 

I doubt it’s gonna be 10 years but it will be a while for sure. She’s doing the right thing. This moment in her life is important and she must focus on winning this fight for her freedom. I can’t see her working and being their slave anymore. She’s past this. And so are we!

3 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/08/britney-spears-music-break-last-10-years-uses-life-transition-focus-mental-health-10881747/ 

Surely that cant be right, how can it take 10 whole years?? there would be no point even coming back in 2029 as she would have lost all her fanbase by then

really hope this isn't true :crying1:

"As she would have lost all her fanbase by then"

Shut up. Don't try make us fans out to be greedy self entitled people who only want her for her music. I'll always be a fan. She knows what's best for herself. 

While I can see her taking a break for a few years, 10 years seems too long and just like a random number that was thrown out. Why would it specifically take her 10 years? With a timeline that long anyways, Britney would have plenty of time to change her mind. I just can't see how her or anyone can specifically forecast "Getting out of the conservatorship will take just about 10 years" or "I will be on break for 10 years" unless she's doing it specifically out of spite and she's making it a goal of specially 10 years, or there's something they know about the conservatorship timeline that we don't. 

As much as it actually hurts me to say it. But i wouldn't mind . It would really be the best decision she'd make at this rate . Because if we support whatever she does the C-ship will keep going hence money is rolling in. 

If the monry train stops , no lawyer nor soliciter will be standing. And her team will move on to the next cash cow. 

It's about her wellbeing. 10 years or 5 ...as long as she's happy and in al honesty i think she's happy going to trips and holidays ...she needs it. Infact 2008-2018 should have been just THAT ..her chilling under a C-ship. And then when she's free she can then record and perform. 

Archived