Do you think this article is true?

Brunetteknee

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, C0CKy said:

Or something smaller and nonexistent. 

britney went through hell. everybody would go "crazy" .. there's no way to go through that **** without any psychological consequences. it's not only the breakdown, I think that being that famous can be very traumatic, especially for sensitive persons. It is delusional to think that she has no mental problems , and it's not a shame, but it's horrible that the people around her took advantage of that and still do

I don't doubt there's some truth here, but the whole piece reads like something that's wildly exaggerated. Britney was followed everywhere in 07/08, into gas station bathrooms, hotels.. but I don't ever remember TMZ, X17 or whoever covered her every move back then ever documenting her getting into an altercation with a stranger. Not only that, but these stories from people that witnessed them would've been big business back then. Britney lashed out at the people she knew - or thought she did.

I try to imagine myself in Britney’s shoes. A female in the spotlight with crazed *** fans slipping in platform shoes acting ridiculous with no chill whatsoever. That in itself it’s cringy. I mean there was a time in my 20’s when I would have gotten snappy. Now I’m too old to waste that much energy so I’d probably let it slide and roll my eyes instead.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51aaeac9f2a1e56170c0d

1 hour ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

Don't you remember when Rolling Stone had to pay 1.65 million for running a false story accusing frat boys of ****?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/13/business/media/****-uva-rolling-stone-frat.html

That doesn’t mean this story particular story isn’t true. RS isn’t the Enquirer. They’re not notorious for constantly printing falsehoods. Believe whatever you choose. 

Her anger seems understandable, but the part that’s weird is “I don’t know who you think I am but I am not that person”. 

I don’t want to speculate on her mental health because I know nothing and it’s none of our business, but I always thought maybe she had some kind of multiple personality disorder. That would also explain the British accent. 

But I still don’t think she needs to be under a cship.

Britney may have said that stuff or something very similar, I doubt there was effort to ensure what was heard was correct, I doubt they cared. The more scandalous the better. What tabloid-like trash. Britney was not interviewed for this (though reps for Kevin were, and the genius writer seems to admit to giving much attention to apparent scammers) and she never told her side. We always get one-sided info about Britney.

That "article" has such a negative slant on things beyond Britney, almost everything, contempt for this and that. It's overly harsh against Betsey Johnson, too, what did Betsey do to that writer?! I can't trust anything from this author.

Other aspects are vile, vulgar, rude and incorrect. Everything is under a nasty veneer of hate and overly opinionated drivel.

Crop tops are only for those under 18?! Only for minors aka children? Ha! I don't know if that's backwards or just completely wrong (it's just clothing) but what a small-minded, gross person to write some of this stuff (even ignoring the stuff about Britney).

She even calls Britney "inbred" among other repulsive descriptions of more than just Brit. I bet she thought she was clever and witty. This writer's just NASTY. I'd believe she put a negative spin on any truth she found. Disgusting.

Talk about a woman-hating woman, hints of that is all over this garbage. ("[T]his braless chick padding around town..." is just one example that gets my goat.)

---

I'll leave this here: "Britney’s savior was Justin Timberlake, whom she started dating around 1999. 'Justin had his head screwed on so straight...'" Mmhmm. Interesting. Valuable opinions from this Vanessa writer. I'm sure she knows best (not). Same guy she admits to saying, "Dude, smell my fingers," yes what an angel, her savior, not a nasty devil himself. Sure of it, OK. Gotcha.

Woman-hating shill for Timberlake? JK but it's biased. Part of the "article" reads like it was commissioned by him. "Her ****** curiosity got the better of her, and she reportedly began sleeping with Robson, a friend of Timberlake’s who co-wrote ‘NSync’s 'Pop' with him."

---

One useful insight buried within is that mental illness might come from Jamie's side. His mother committed suicide, I did not know that.

---

I think this was during a time when I didn't want to read too much celebrity gossip and related (or perhaps Brit specifically? out of respect?? I don't remember --- and this RS piece is more gossip than I expected, IMHO) so I never saw that before. What a lowly approach from Rolling Stone, I'd expect something a little more respectable and balanced. They kissed her butt when it behooved them, what opportunists. Utmost fair-weather dirty rag. I'm surprised she ever worked with them since; she did, right? Poor Britney was probably forced, if she did. I'd rather spit on them!

---

And if she was/is that ill then she needs to NOT be worked to the bone. She would need help, but this conservatorship is not the answer. Hers is like slavery. If she really needs this type of conservatorship, then she must be considered too disabled to work. Work her this hard without freedom? SLAVE.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:09 PM, PokemonSpears said:

lol I can't with the comments I'm reading.

It's like, if this was true, there's nothing "interesting" about "raw Britney". But an incident like this isn't any proof that she was "unwell" either (even less that she needed a conservatorship), nor isn't a reason to get upset with Britney.

I mean, everything that was going on in her life at the moment surely put her in a really bad state of mind to begin with. Maybe she was already upset for other reasons. Then on top of that, things like this, the card not going through, which is already embarrassing for any normal person, it must be even worse for a famous one, and with a crowd gathering around her, how on Earth was she supposed to turn around and with a smile on her face tell this unknown and impertinent woman that it wasn't the time to take a picture? 

Yes, thinking rationally and with a cold mind you could say that it wasn't the right thing to do (arguably, because even without being 100% sure that this actually happened, I'm already more mad at the woman than Britney, and I think I would've been even more rude with her, especially if there was physical contact). But when you're going through a moment like that, you're upset, you're crying, you're embarrassed, you're gonna unleash your fury and frustration at the first target that places in front of you, that's totally normal and expected. You're just a timebomb that will explode at the slightest provocation.

I mean, any normal person that sees someone else that is going through a moment like this,  the last thing you wanna do is go and talk to them and bother them more, even less ask for a picture, like, for god's sake. You leave the person alone, unless you're an impertinent, imprudent, inconsiderate or plain stupid. 

Another divided issue for me. I do think celebs need to be polite and respectful to their fans. It'd be shitty if you're an ******* to the people that basically made you who you are. But I also look at it from the other side. There's a lot of people that don't respect boundaries. They think they're owed something because they are a fan. I know that sounds confusing and I'll see if I can explain it better. I'll forever use this example because it sticks out to me and probably always will stick out to me. I'm a huge "Little House on the Prairie" fan and I used to post and read on the old imdb boards. Somebody had gotten hold of Katherine MacGregor (Harriet Oleson)'s phone number. This person had the balls to pick up the phone and call the number to let her know that they were a fan of the series. This person was just outraged that she said something along the lines of "Good for you!" and she hung up the phone. I guess they were literally expecting her to stay on the line and become phone buddies as she shares her Little House memories. This person just didn't get that they were the one in the wrong. You want to tell a celebrity you admire them, write a damn letter. Let the ball be in Katherine's court if she wants to write you back, send you an autograph, etc. 

As for Britney losing her temper, everybody has a breaking point. I've been a bottler practically my whole life. And I'm still a bottler. **** irritates me and I bottle it up. I've been letting some of it out now and I realize the old me would've kept my mouth shut. I've just reached that point where I can't bottle it all up anymore. And maybe it's for the best. It's not healthy to bottle **** up all 24/7.

23 hours ago, DarkOut said:

Britney may have said that stuff or something very similar, I doubt there was effort to ensure what was heard was correct, I doubt they cared. The more scandalous the better. What tabloid-like trash. Britney was not interviewed for this (though reps for Kevin were, and the genius writer seems to admit to giving much attention to apparent scammers) and she never told her side. We always get one-sided info about Britney.

That "article" has such a negative slant on things beyond Britney, almost everything, contempt for this and that. It's overly harsh against Betsey Johnson, too, what did Betsey do to that writer?! I can't trust anything from this author.

Other aspects are vile, vulgar, rude and incorrect. Everything is under a nasty veneer of hate and overly opinionated drivel.

Crop tops are only for those under 18?! Only for minors aka children? Ha! I don't know if that's backwards or just completely wrong (it's just clothing) but what a small-minded, gross person to write some of this stuff (even ignoring the stuff about Britney).

She even calls Britney "inbred" among other repulsive descriptions of more than just Brit. I bet she thought she was clever and witty. This writer's just NASTY. I'd believe she put a negative spin on any truth she found. Disgusting.

Talk about a woman-hating woman, hints of that is all over this garbage. ("[T]his braless chick padding around town..." is just one example that gets my goat.)

---

I'll leave this here: "Britney’s savior was Justin Timberlake, whom she started dating around 1999. 'Justin had his head screwed on so straight...'" Mmhmm. Interesting. Valuable opinions from this Vanessa writer. I'm sure she knows best (not). Same guy she admits to saying, "Dude, smell my fingers," yes what an angel, her savior, not a nasty devil himself. Sure of it, OK. Gotcha.

Woman-hating shill for Timberlake? JK but it's biased. Part of the "article" reads like it was commissioned by him. "Her ****** curiosity got the better of her, and she reportedly began sleeping with Robson, a friend of Timberlake’s who co-wrote ‘NSync’s 'Pop' with him."

---

One useful insight buried within is that mental illness might come from Jamie's side. His mother committed suicide, I did not know that.

---

I think this was during a time when I didn't want to read too much celebrity gossip and related (or perhaps Brit specifically? out of respect?? I don't remember --- and this RS piece is more gossip than I expected, IMHO) so I never saw that before. What a lowly approach from Rolling Stone, I'd expect something a little more respectable and balanced. They kissed her butt when it behooved them, what opportunists. Utmost fair-weather dirty rag. I'm surprised she ever worked with them since; she did, right? Poor Britney was probably forced, if she did. I'd rather spit on them!

---

And if she was/is that ill then she needs to NOT be worked to the bone. She would need help, but this conservatorship is not the answer. Hers is like slavery. If she really needs this type of conservatorship, then she must be considered too disabled to work. Work her this hard without freedom? SLAVE.

Bold part: Yeah, that's the way it is. It's sickening and it's beyond me how Britney can get through the day depending on who she has to be around. Britney's not stupid. I'm sure it's quite apparent to her "Yeah, you all are around to kiss my *** when I'm on top of the world. **** happens and I'm no longer on top of the world or going through stuff, you can't flee from me fast enough." It's gotta be a bitter pill to swallow once she saw who would actually be there for her through thick and thin. Doesn't matter if we're talking family, friends, media sources, etc. 

I think it's 80-90% legit. It does not fit with the Britney we knew but it's about her dark time. 2007-2008 were her angry times. We all go throw phases in life and when you get in an angry / rage phase in life, you need to release all the rage with anyone or everyone. Britney seemed to be an humble human being, even during her prime and she was the most famous person in the world. LET'S BE REAL! 

It's even normal that she has an ego. And if you're in such a dark time in your life, you don't give a **** toward others. You just want to feel better and it's the hardest thing. She was just an angry person in the spotlight.

On 9/19/2019 at 11:21 PM, The Greatest Show said:

come on... look at how drastically she changed between 2016 and 2018. thats not normal.

I mean even her eyes... look kind of crazy. And I dont mean that in a "she is crazy" way its just it looks bizzarre and frantic and just off.

Not to be mean or anything but she sort of looks like a crackhead in the last one. And I say that with love for this girl. 

Archived