Britney Album removed from Spotify

dran

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if you're like me, but I created a giant Spotify playlist with all of Britney's songs rather than playing the "This Is: Britney Spears" playlist. I just noticed that they removed the entire Britney album from Spotify for me? I'm from Canada. I don't know if this is the same for everyone. The only songs that are playable in the "Britney" album are the songs included in her Greatest Hits Collection.

:(  - I love blasting Anticipating, What It's Like To Be Me, and Before the Goodbye. Even Lonely. WHY

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in the UK and it's still there for me.

I know Spotify is kinda weird though and certain stuff seems unavailable for whatever reason yet it'll still be on iTunes/Apple Music. They need to get their **** together, especially if iTunes is supposed to be shutting down. 

Yes.

This happened several days (probably even a week) ago.
They removed the Britney album from Spotify in Canada and Ireland.

Spoiler

Strange timing too since this went viral in stan twitter just right when it was removed

Incidentally, the Britney album is just short of 40Milion streams to be at 200Mil.

4 hours ago, Soni said:

Yes.

This happened several days (probably even a week) ago.
They removed the Britney album from Spotify in Canada and Ireland.

Hide contents

Strange timing too since this went viral in stan twitter just right when it was removed

Incidentally, the Britney album is just short of 40Milion streams to be at 200Mil.

Works here in Canada for me.  It must have been a glitch.

3 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

mmm actually

Tidal > Apple Music > Spotify

I would wholeheartedly agree if Tidal didn't force you to save every song on an album separately.. on Spotify you save an album and all of the songs get automatically saved to your library meanwhile on Tidal if you save an album it will appear under albums but the tracks themselves won't appear under "Tracks" thus having to save them separately.. I tried using it but it was so annoying.. :idkney:

2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I would wholeheartedly agree if Tidal didn't force you to save every song on an album separately.. on Spotify you save an album and all of the songs get automatically saved to your library meanwhile on Tidal if you save an album it will appear under albums but the tracks themselves won't appear under "Tracks" thus having to save them separately.. I tried using it but it was so annoying.. :idkney:

I wanted to try Tidal, since it supposedly offers very high sound quality (FLAC, I think), but what turned me off is that there is a 3-month free trial. So, does that mean I have to pay monthly for a streaming service? Honestly, I'd rather use Spotify in this case, since I can choose whether I want to pay monthly or not (I can choose between Spotify Free and the obsessively-advertised Premium).

As for that part about the need to save the album and songs individually on Tidal, Spotify recently got a s**tty update in which the same thing happens!

You know how when you go to an artist's page and click on an album, you'd see:

1. a low quality cover
  2. other albums by the artist at the bottom of the page

You'd click on "Save" and the whole album with every song on it gets saved to your library. After saving the album and clicking on it in your library:

1. the cover would look very sharp and nice,
  2. there would be no other albums by the same artist displayed at the bottom of the screen,
  3. songs you'd unsave would disappear and wouldn't be played.

In the post-s**tty update world:

1. you click on "Save" and the album gets saved, but not the songs. You have to save those individually.
  2. When clicking on the album from your library, you get teleported to the album from the artist's page (see properties above)
  3. If you unsave a song, it stays exactly where it is. That's the worst part about it, I have to either listen to the songs that I dislike or skip them, which means I can't just have an album play in the background while I do something - I'm gonna have to skip songs.

So, yeah, I hope this isn't too confusing, but this new update thing is s**t.

5 minutes ago, Shadow2003 said:

I wanted to try Tidal, since it supposedly offers very high sound quality (FLAC, I think), but what turned me off is that there is a 3-month free trial. So, does that mean I have to pay monthly for a streaming service? Honestly, I'd rather use Spotify in this case, since I can choose whether I want to pay monthly or not (I can choose between Spotify Free and the obsessively-advertised Premium).

As for that part about the need to save the album and songs individually on Tidal, Spotify recently got a s**tty update in which the same thing happens!

You know how when you go to an artist's page and click on an album, you'd see:

1. a low quality cover
  2. other albums by the artist at the bottom of the page

You'd click on "Save" and the whole album with every song on it gets saved to your library. After saving the album and clicking on it in your library:

1. the cover would look very sharp and nice,
  2. there would be no other albums by the same artist displayed at the bottom of the screen,
  3. songs you'd unsave would disappear and wouldn't be played.

In the post-s**tty update world:

1. you click on "Save" and the album gets saved, but not the songs. You have to save those individually.
  2. When clicking on the album from your library, you get teleported to the album from the artist's page (see properties above)
  3. If you unsave a song, it stays exactly where it is. That's the worst part about it, I have to either listen to the songs that I dislike or skip them, which means I can't just have an album play in the background while I do something - I'm gonna have to skip songs.

So, yeah, I hope this isn't too confusing, but this new update thing is s**t.

that new update only applies to Free Spotify, Premium works like it used to and I highly suggest paying for it.. I mean, seriously, it costs literally nothing.. buying one album costs more than paying for a subscription that lets you listen to millions of songs on demand + if you're a student you can get a 50% discount.. is 10$ really that much for the value you're getting out of it?? :idkney: regarding TIDAL, the sound quality is only higher if you pay for the "Hi-Fi" subscription which costs more than the standard one (Hi-Fi costs 20$, standard costs 10$).. :howiroll:

Archived