Britney Album removed from Spotify

dran

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I would wholeheartedly agree if Tidal didn't force you to save every song on an album separately.. on Spotify you save an album and all of the songs get automatically saved to your library meanwhile on Tidal if you save an album it will appear under albums but the tracks themselves won't appear under "Tracks" thus having to save them separately.. I tried using it but it was so annoying.. :idkney:

I actually like that. Many users likes Tidal for that because everything has a point.

20 hours ago, Shadow2003 said:

I wanted to try Tidal, since it supposedly offers very high sound quality (FLAC, I think), but what turned me off is that there is a 3-month free trial. So, does that mean I have to pay monthly for a streaming service? Honestly, I'd rather use Spotify in this case, since I can choose whether I want to pay monthly or not (I can choose between Spotify Free and the obsessively-advertised Premium).

As for that part about the need to save the album and songs individually on Tidal, Spotify recently got a s**tty update in which the same thing happens!

You know how when you go to an artist's page and click on an album, you'd see:

1. a low quality cover
  2. other albums by the artist at the bottom of the page

You'd click on "Save" and the whole album with every song on it gets saved to your library. After saving the album and clicking on it in your library:

1. the cover would look very sharp and nice,
  2. there would be no other albums by the same artist displayed at the bottom of the screen,
  3. songs you'd unsave would disappear and wouldn't be played.

In the post-s**tty update world:

1. you click on "Save" and the album gets saved, but not the songs. You have to save those individually.
  2. When clicking on the album from your library, you get teleported to the album from the artist's page (see properties above)
  3. If you unsave a song, it stays exactly where it is. That's the worst part about it, I have to either listen to the songs that I dislike or skip them, which means I can't just have an album play in the background while I do something - I'm gonna have to skip songs.

So, yeah, I hope this isn't too confusing, but this new update thing is s**t.

I think the price worth it. The Hi-Fi (CD Quality) and Masters (Hi-Res Audio) is other level when you listen a song.

Also, i think pay for music is fair for artists, especially independent. Spotify in both (free and premium) pays a misery.

20 hours ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

that new update only applies to Free Spotify, Premium works like it used to and I highly suggest paying for it.. I mean, seriously, it costs literally nothing.. buying one album costs more than paying for a subscription that lets you listen to millions of songs on demand + if you're a student you can get a 50% discount.. is 10$ really that much for the value you're getting out of it?? :idkney: regarding TIDAL, the sound quality is only higher if you pay for the "Hi-Fi" subscription which costs more than the standard one (Hi-Fi costs 20$, standard costs 10$).. :howiroll:

Actually even in the 9.99 subscription quality is better than Spotify Premium. That's because the codec each one use. Spotify use one that it's similar to the MP3, and Tidal (like Apple Music) use 320 kbps AAC.

6 hours ago, CripplerCrossface said:

Yeah, it's not popular, but in quality none gets close to Tidal. There is a world beyond the popular.

both spotify and Apple music have great quality sound. the thing is that after a certain point you need really top notch headphones to be able to hear the difference. I prefer to have more options in my streaming service rather than CRAZY quality. 

Archived