Imagine this woman instead of Madonna on MATM

On 5/27/2019 at 8:58 PM, zxcvb said:

But the Madonna thing was simply used for publicity to generate attention; nothing more.

If you wanna know the truth not pathetic delusional things Brit actually was inspired by M but yea also (and more) by JJ so please ONCE. AND. FOR. ALL. STOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/27/2019 at 8:58 PM, zxcvb said:

I'll just add, however, if there was actually radio ban that continued till fall of 2003, then it probably was a good thing Toxic wasn't the lead single.

But the Madonna thing was simply used for publicity to generate attention; nothing more.

STUPID NONSENSE

On 5/29/2019 at 5:41 AM, LostInAnImage said:

Yes. The music video. It should be one of Britney's most iconic and memorable ones ever; all the elements were there.

But while Britney was dancing her *** off and looking insanely ****, Madonna was hogging screen time by rolling around in piles of leaves, trying really hard to look pensive but just appearing severely constipated, using a cane to further remind us of her advanced age whilst wearing a Hillary Clinton pantsuit of all things, and all the additional typical desperate **** she does for attention, like literally shoving her entire face directly into the camera and her crotch on top of business men’s heads: 

BigheartedGiddyAmericanbadger-size_restr

tumblr_nhm1185R701s58qxro7_250.gif

matm_201.jpg

tumblr_p5k3r1xeke1rnb39bo4_500.gif

She just made it comical and cringe-worthy whenever she was on screen (which was far, far too often).

Meanwhile, Britney (and the entire mood of the video) had a look that had all the makings of becoming iconic (tie, fedora, suspenders), and she ****ing nailed every single dance move within that insanely rapid and complex choreography:

tumblr_pawkoyy2aJ1tw89w1o7_250.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_oxu1qhnJJP1w48wlho1_250.gif

YHTO.gif

tumblr_n9vv7zew161tek3r3o1_400.gif

tumblr_pod9o1EDuq1tw89w1o3_400.gif

tumblr_pod9o1EDuq1tw89w1o4_400.gif

tumblr_pawkoyy2aJ1tw89w1o6_400.gif

ZXq.gif

Ugh. It would've been AMAZING with Janet, and there would’ve been an actual “dance-off.”

.. an odd wink to her past: take a closer look to Madonna; they reproduced the same scene (leaves)

https://the-m-magazine.com/2016/07/04/in-artificial-light/

On 5/28/2019 at 6:46 PM, ralphcornio said:

Which is inexplicable, since it's such a good movie with top notch acting...

Hide contents

Untitled-2.jpg
:airpls:

Few years back, i watched this movie. I can  not understand why it was hated and is described as a 'flop'. Brithey was a good actress for her part as well the others. The movie had an overall message that is that friendship is very important, that women don''t have to be silly 'mean girls' in order to be **** or in a clique, that teenagers have real problems and not fluffy ones, that we seek our OWN identity. Its $ numbers weren't bad at all. I think it was hated because of the rounded, 'Britney'  pop star persona.

3 25 : 'I don't want a movie that talks down my peers!"

20 21 to 10 46 ; the director, screen writer, producer, protagonists and a lot of backstage people are, women!

17 16 : a story for girls

It's a cute Sunday afternoon film

Britney: It‘s not about marketing, its about being cool :) 

i always had the feeling that Brit and M didnt get along very well... they played the amazing iconic pop-duo for a while and that was it. (i also get the feeling that nobody gets along with M lol) 

So, Janet would have been a better choice, she also seems more nicer and really knows how to dance - would have been amazing at that time.

Wasnt „S4U“ for Janet? And „Boys“ („Girls“ for MJ? i once read that somewhere...

On 5/27/2019 at 5:50 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I've never really had an opinion on Janet so I can't comment.. the only song of hers that I can remember being relevant is "Feedback".. quite enjoyed that one as an 8 year old.. :unbothered:

Check out at least 1 min of these songs of hers. I think you may like them and see more her as a dancer. She has more iconic songs, but I think you would prefer a more recent sound if you were a fan of "Feedback".

This is the song Britney was dancing to with her dancer.

On 5/29/2019 at 4:41 AM, LostInAnImage said:

while Britney was dancing her *** off and looking insanely ****, Madonna was hogging screen time by rolling around in piles of leaves, trying really hard to look pensive but just appearing severely constipated, using a cane to further remind us of her advanced age whilst wearing a Hillary Clinton pantsuit of all things, and all the additional typical desperate **** she does for attention, like literally shoving her entire face directly into the camera and her crotch on top of business men’s heads: 

BigheartedGiddyAmericanbadger-size_restr

tumblr_nhm1185R701s58qxro7_250.gif

matm_201.jpg

tumblr_p5k3r1xeke1rnb39bo4_500.gif

She just made it comical and cringe-worthy whenever she was on screen (which was far, far too often).

Meanwhile, Britney (and the entire mood of the video) had a look that had all the makings of becoming iconic (tie, fedora, suspenders), and she ****ing nailed every single dance move within that insanely rapid and complex choreography:

tumblr_pawkoyy2aJ1tw89w1o7_250.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_oxu1qhnJJP1w48wlho1_250.gif

YHTO.gif

tumblr_n9vv7zew161tek3r3o1_400.gif

tumblr_pod9o1EDuq1tw89w1o3_400.gif

tumblr_pod9o1EDuq1tw89w1o4_400.gif

tumblr_pawkoyy2aJ1tw89w1o6_400.gif

ZXq.gif

Ugh. It would've been AMAZING with Janet, and there would’ve been an actual “dance-off.”

Madonna can dance too, oh please. She is a professional classically trained dancer and she actually has studied dance. 

Watch the Blonde Ambition Tour and The Girlie Show, she is a better dancer than Britney.

Watch the Vogue and Express Yourself (especially EY) at the VMAS, Sky Fits Heaven at the DWAD tour, the Sticky & Sweet Tour etc. She is an excellent dancer. Britney, also Ciara, JLO and all other so called "hip-hop video dancers" COULD NEVER DO SUCH PERFORMANCES.

And i actually LOVE Britney and i think she is an excellent dancer too. 

Did you get it?

MATM didn’t flop.. it was a huge hit on tv.. that’s was the first time I started to enjoy her music tbh.. video was everywhere so I couldn’t ignore it lol

plus in the zone had very good first week sales.. better then Britney as I remember (slave reference)..

the thing is, toxic overshadowed it and all nominations for awards gone to toxic and in one year later everytime (cause it was released later)..

+ matm was banned on YouTube for decades?! I don’t remember the number of years tbh 🤔

On 5/27/2019 at 1:07 PM, nonoiseplz said:

It did flop. :demi:

A Janet and Britney performance of MATM would've been epic. Imagine the same AMA Awards performance of MATM with a Britney and Janet dance off. I think that would have sparked a lot of interest in the song and it would definitely be considered more of a legendary collaboration than what it is today.

It only flopped in the US, it was a big hit every where else. If digital sales had counted towards the Hot 100 in 2003 it would’ve been a hit in the US too because it peaked at #3 on the US digital chart. 

Honestly I do like Janet, but she 100% does not fit MATM at all! 

Archived