Imagine this woman instead of Madonna on MATM

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, NewDisplayName said:

With a flop single first album would flop too

I don’t get this. MATM if compared to the hype and popularity of other lead singles of brit, underperformed. However, by itself it was huge. It was a no.1 international hit. The world doesn’t revolve around America u know? Plus, the album didn’t flop

On 5/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, brintyjoan said:

Lol thats her least known single... 

I guess you're too young to know her old and quallity music? 

im not really into Janet's music either, but always been a big fan of Feedback since it got released. listened to that song a lot. (Also, All Night):bareclap:

On 5/27/2019 at 6:50 AM, iAlwaysSingLive said:

I've never really had an opinion on Janet so I can't comment.. the only song of hers that I can remember being relevant is "Feedback".. quite enjoyed that one as an 8 year old.. :unbothered:

Made for Now :didilie:

It only flopped in the US for two reasons.

Jive issued A maxi single priced at 7.99 like an EP. Instead of a commercial two track single priced at 2.99.

Plus Madonna was banned on US radio thx to her views on Bush, The iraq war and the military was deemed unamerican and unpatriotic. She was dixie chicked by her own country. And she wasn't country music at that to. 

And for the record. Britney played her the song during the VMA rehearsals. MATM wasn't planned to be a single at all. It was supposed to be I got that boom boom or showdown. But when Britney asked Madonna to be part of MATM. Things ultimately changed. The princess of pop with The biggest female in pop music. Jive knew business wise. This was the perfect single to launch the album. It was huge everywhere including Australia where Britney has a limited market. 

I think if it wasn't for Madonna the song would flop internationally as well. 

2 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

Regardless of who was featured in it,  "Toxic" should've been the first single for the ITZ era.

I dislike MATM, but they had to capitalize off of the kiss a few months prior.

Toxic is the perfect #2. Obviously considering everyone says it’s her best song. 

8 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

I don’t get this. MATM if compared to the hype and popularity of other lead singles of brit, underperformed. However, by itself it was huge. It was a no.1 international hit. The world doesn’t revolve around America u know? Plus, the album didn’t flop

That’s what I’ve said..

it didn’t flop

It was a hit single

One of the reason why in the zone had a great sales for first week..

I don’t understand what do you want to say to me..

:mj:

Archived