MAKE ME ORIGINAL VIDEO HQ!!!

mcooganuk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Isla. said:

I don't understand why people think one music video can make a song do better on the charts? Is there something I'm missing? Xtina's Accelerate video was kinda similar to the original Make Me video in that it was a pretty ****** video but I don't remember that song doing well on the charts.... 

Personally I don't think it would have made a difference to the song. Sure the video would have been praised by fans, might have received some controversy in the media but I don't think it would have been enough to make the song do any better than it did. The song unfortunately needed more radio play and promo but what do RCA/Britney's team know about that?

Becuase streaming counts a lot these days.

With the official video it's almost as if it didn't have a video, and yet managed to be, what, #17? With a video that had replay value, it could've been at least top 10.

Do I care about it? No, but her team/label does, and had it been successful we wouldn't have had to wait 64 years to get a second single (if we can even call it a proper single), and we surely would've had at least a third one (unless SP killed the era anyway as it happened in our actual narrative).

Despite believing MM is not lead single material, I recognize it's a nice song overall. The audio clip has over 30M views :yaknow:

PG had a bad video, with lots of replay value, for all the wrong reasons, it is her most disliked video, but it's the fastest to reach 100M. The song just wasn't good enough, but it did way better than other singles of hers, like Perfume or SP. However if MM received the original video, a lot of people would've criticized it, yes, but they would've been introduced to an undeniably good song, unlike with PG's case. 

In these days where Britney is allergic to promo, the best way, and the only way left they have to promote a single is through a good music video. 

Slumber Party is a beautiful video, but does it have anything exceptional to make a random person watch it and watch it again? Obviously not, since it still hasn't even reached 100M after more than 2 years.

Accelerate wasn't even that interesting (I think the song is better than people recognize though) and Xtina's views and relevance isn't comparable to Britney these days. Well, maybe THESE days it is, but not in 2016. 

And the radio play, well, that's true, but after the label executive begged radio stations to play the song without success, the best idea they came up with was mixing it up with Me, Myself & I instead of releasing a second single right there. But their horrible decisions regarding damage control are the topic for a different thread.

5 hours ago, Isla. said:

I don't understand why people think one music video can make a song do better on the charts? Is there something I'm missing? Xtina's Accelerate video was kinda similar to the original Make Me video in that it was a pretty ****** video but I don't remember that song doing well on the charts.... 

Personally I don't think it would have made a difference to the song. Sure the video would have been praised by fans, might have received some controversy in the media but I don't think it would have been enough to make the song do any better than it did. The song unfortunately needed more radio play and promo but what do RCA/Britney's team know about that?

BOMT and OIDIA were hits due to their videos

IAS4U was a hit due to the VMA performance

Vimeo has removed or disabled access to the video Britney Spears - Make Me... (Explicit Video) 1080 HD as a result of a third-party notification by International Federation of the Phonographic Industry that claims this material is infringing on their copyright.

This video was removed on Sunday, April 14, 2019 At 5:14 PM. A public record of this claim is available here.

DMCA (Copyright) Complaint to Vimeo

:unreal::weusay:

13 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Becuase streaming counts a lot these days.

With the official video it's almost as if it didn't have a video, and yet managed to be, what, #17? With a video that had replay value, it could've been at least top 10.

Do I care about it? No, but her team/label does, and had it been successful we wouldn't have had to wait 64 years to get a second single (if we can even call it a proper single), and we surely would've had at least a third one (unless SP killed the era anyway as it happened in our actual narrative).

Despite believing MM is not lead single material, I recognize it's a nice song overall. The audio clip has over 30M views :yaknow:

PG had a bad video, with lots of replay value, for all the wrong reasons, it is her most disliked video, but it's the fastest to reach 100M. The song just wasn't good enough, but it did way better than other singles of hers, like Perfume or SP. However if MM received the original video, a lot of people would've criticized it, yes, but they would've been introduced to an undeniably good song, unlike with PG's case. 

In these days where Britney is allergic to promo, the best way, and the only way left they have to promote a single is through a good music video. 

Slumber Party is a beautiful video, but does it have anything exceptional to make a random person watch it and watch it again? Obviously not, since it still hasn't even reached 100M after more than 2 years.

Accelerate wasn't even that interesting (I think the song is better than people recognize though) and Xtina's views and relevance isn't comparable to Britney these days. Well, maybe THESE days it is, but not in 2016. 

And the radio play, well, that's true, but after the label executive begged radio stations to play the song without success, the best idea they came up with was mixing it up with Me, Myself & I instead of releasing a second single right there. But their horrible decisions regarding damage control are the topic for a different thread.

You actually make some very good points. It sucks because personally I believe Make Me was a fine lead single and it deserved to be a bigger hit. What you said about the Pretty Girls video was interesting, personally I don’t mind the Pretty Girls video, but you’re right that the Make Me video could have helped introduce the song to people. I feel like I failed to mention that in my initial post lol. Also I didn’t realise that RCA asked radio stations to play the song and they didn’t bother :orangu: that’s bad. I guess you’re right that the video could have helped with radio airplay a bit more. I do think RCA and Britney’s team could make some more effort too. But idk it’s just my opionion that a music video isn’t necessary for a song’s success, at least not anymore in this day and age when streaming is so popular and Britney is no longer in her prime.

10 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

BOMT and OIDIA were hits due to their videos

IAS4U was a hit due to the VMA performance

I’m aware. I think what I was trying to say and I’ve said it in my above post (which I failed to mention in my initial post) is that a music video is not necessary for a song to do well at least nowadays when people stream more. And especially for an artist like Britney who is no longer in her prime. Not forgetting those three songs were released during Britney’s prime and when TRL was popular and the VMAs was relevant. That was a different time.

8 minutes ago, Isla. said:

You actually make some very good points. It sucks because personally I believe Make Me was a fine lead single and it deserved to be a bigger hit. What you said about the Pretty Girls video was interesting, personally I don’t mind the Pretty Girls video, but you’re right that the Make Me video could have helped introduce the song to people. I feel like I failed to mention that in my initial post lol. Also I didn’t realise that RCA asked radio stations to play the song and they didn’t bother :orangu: that’s bad. I guess you’re right that the video could have helped with radio airplay a bit more. I do think RCA and Britney’s team could make some more effort too. But idk it’s just my opionion that a music video isn’t necessarily for a song’s success, at least anymore in this day and age when streaming is so popular. 

Which is also needed is a bit of payola, but I don't know how much her team is willing to pay (not a lot, that's for sure :umok:). But I think they definitely need to learn to accept their mistakes, and react rapidly, aka trying with another song from the album if the first one didn't work. Just like with BJ, Glory had lots of different songs they didn't even bother to try.

I would understand if ALL the songs sounded just like MM, it would be pointless to even try with a new one, but when they had songs like DYWCO, Better, IID, Liar, LMD, MR, it's unbelievable how easy they gave up. Even Slumber Party, but they had to act fast, not wait till November. 

Some people online are claiming that Britney's team was unhappy with Make Me's first cut, and scrapped the original concept of David LaChapelle

They handed him an edit, the leaked version, which he refused to put his name on, and the whole project was scrapped. The rest is history.

This explains why we never got to see the desert scenes, why the video feels poorly edited, and why David LaChapelle tweeted "This is not my video"

I believe it :heresthetea:

2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Which is also needed is a bit of payola, but I don't know how much her team is willing to pay (not a lot, that's for sure :umok:). But I think they definitely need to learn to accept their mistakes, and react rapidly, aka trying with another song from the album if the first one didn't work. Just like with BJ, Glory had lots of different songs they didn't even bother to try.

I would understand if ALL the songs sounded just like MM, it would be pointless to even try with a new one, but when they had songs like DYWCO, Better, IID, Liar, LMD, MR, it's unbelievable how easy they gave up. Even Slumber Party, but they had to act fast, not wait till November. 

Yes I agree. Her team and RCA gave up too quickly on the album when Glory had so many single potential songs. I think they should have put DYWCO out as the 2nd single to coincide with the album’s release and she could have performed that in a medley with Make Me at the VMAs. The fact we had to wait four months for the second single from Make Me’s release was not okay.

Lachapelle has no say in how they choose to edit the video. The footage is Brinnys property and her team can edit however they choose  ...Just like JK had no say in how perfume was edited  and was surprised the edit they used. 

Unless there was some sort of contractual agreement in which Chapelle had more ownership of the final product. But idk if Brinny and her team would allow a third party such control of her brand like that. 

But at the end of the day, I don’t think there was that much more to the video then what we saw. I just think the whole thing was problematic from the day of shooting. I think Brinny and Lachapelle butted heads while working together and I think Brinny hated the shoot which explains the video of her yelling. Things probs got heated on set and so she didn’t finish filming the rest of the scenes.

I believe Larry, when he said it just didn’t work. But that’s just my speculation. 

1 hour ago, nwonder said:

I kinda thought this too after Chelly made that comment on insta. 

But then again Lachapelle has no say in how they choose to edit the video. The footage is Brinnys property and her team can edit however they choose  ...Just like JK had no say in how perfume was edited  and was surprised the edit they used. 

Unless there was some sort of contractual agreement in which Chapelle had more ownership of the final product. But idk if Brinny and her team would allow a third party such control of her brand like that. 

But at the end of the day, I don’t think there was that much more to the video then what we saw. I just think the whole thing was problematic from the day of shooting. I think Brinny and Lachapelle butted heads while working together and I think Brinny hated the shoot which explains the video of her yelling. Things probs got heated on set and so she didn’t finish filming the rest of the scenes.

I believe Larry, when he said it just didn’t work. But that’s just my speculation. 

I just think JK is a pu$$y and let them do everything they want with his material

David was right if didnt allowed her team to use his stuff. Joseph should have done the same

They need to stop using people and making professionals wasting time with their mess 

1 hour ago, Roger said:

Some people online are claiming that Britney's team was unhappy with Make Me's first cut, and scrapped the original concept of David LaChapelle

They handed him an edit, the leaked version, which he refused to put his name on, and the whole project was scrapped. The rest is history.

This explains why we never got to see the desert scenes, why the video feels poorly edited, and why David LaChapelle tweeted "This is not my video"

I believe it :heresthetea:

This makes the most sense for sure. **** like this goes down all the time. It’s obvious that some major scenes are missing and that the story makes no sense, but I bet team B cut out the things they didn’t like and tried to move forward anyway. And DLC was having none of it 

Archived