The Next Evolution Of BreatheHeavy: A Letter From Jordan Miller

Jordan Miller

Riding the hilarious Apple subscription announcement to pay for 'premium' content (i.e. most content you can already see online or really not worth time)

But hey, I'm sure some people will jump on it and you'll make some bucks, so kudos to you for trying!  Should be interesting to see what actually gets posted there to sell us on it.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally, this is more like a Patreon for your website only without someone taking almost half your profits. 

You might want to rephrase it as such in the future: donate a little each month to keep your favorite website alive and running, help us create more quality content, so we can keep doing what we love without relying on intrusive ads that give us the revenue we need but disturb your readership.

Also, you might want to think about the Patreon structure and why it is popular: because folks get something for their money. Opinion stories are nice, but you don't pay for a newspaper just to get the opinion section. There's got to be something more. Even if it is silly like little icon badges or other such rewards. Maybe even the opportunity to write content and contribute. I think a podcast might be good as well as a video library. UHQ image gallery. I dunno... just some ideas.

10 hours ago, joe sp said:

risky choice in my opionion... Pop music is dead so I wouldn´t pay not even 10 cents for something like that

Good luck anyway :saycheese:

Dead to who? Kpop and Jpop say hello. Honestly, AMERICAN pop music is boring. What jordan should do is open the site more and include international news stories. 

Yikes! I’ve been here since 2008, and I feel like maybe back then this would have been a hit- especially if there was some exclusive material being shared amongst paying members. But to be honest, this site needs rebranding and gain some sort clout or positive reputation before it embarks on something like this. 

Jordan, I’m in love w/ the nostalgia the site brings and I have SO much respect for you. I’m hoping you’ll prove me wrong, but twitter is free and gives nuanced viewpoints about pop news and history that are SO accessible and ad free with the input of literally millions of non-paying fans and thinkers. What on earth makes you think that fans alike will begin paying $5 a month on top of their netflix, gym, spotify, etc etc etc memberships? 

As a devoted Exhale fan, it seems like that is the market you should be trying to rejuvinate.... if you don’t already have huge traffic on your main site, what makes you think you’ll start to have traffic once the fee comes in?? oof, plz don’t self-sabatoge yourself boo , it’ll be painful to watch unfold. 

Unless of course it’s a success. 

Good luck! I hope I’m not a complete ****. Honesty just seems extremely necessary right now, coming from someone who’s been supportive of this site for over 11 years. 

I wish you all the best but do you really think people want to pay to hear your/anyone's personal opinions? I can't imagine anyone will pay for whatever "premium" content will be on offer either. The biggest sites on the net struggle to get money from people, I really don't know what you're thinking, seriously. Best of luck with whatever you decide anyway. 

Britney was the main focus, obvs no money to made there atm. Turning it into a all celeb gossip forum was a good idea, merch is good. The name though, it's specific to brit. If you gonna be covering all singers I think a new name is in order. You also need to offer something to get people in, a subcibers exclusive quartly gift or something 

1 hour ago, faded_fudge said:

I'd subscribe if u posted some unreleased Britney stuff u have :embarrassed:

Mm yeah, but that's illegal. He cannot make money out of copyright material, considering that he's not the one holding the rights

Spoiler

P.s. I don't buy it when Jordan says that it's a coincidence that he posted the news exactly when the traffic in the forum skyrocketed :queenflopga: 

2 hours ago, citizen said:

I wish you all the best but do you really think people want to pay to hear your/anyone's personal opinions? I can't imagine anyone will pay for whatever "premium" content will be on offer either. The biggest sites on the net struggle to get money from people, I really don't know what you're thinking, seriously. Best of luck with whatever you decide anyway. 

well said tbh

3 hours ago, citizen said:

The biggest sites on the net struggle to get money from people, I really don't know what you're thinking, seriously.

I don't think that's true. Loads of websites and apps offer premium content now. And although they aren't exactly websites, so many people are subscribed to Spotify premium and Apple Music (they only offer 3 months free before you have to pay)

4 hours ago, Lilith said:

You're 99% wrong. He mainpages remixes all the time without any problems.- :well:

Jordan has leaked stuff before tho. He has leaked Let Me Go(Love 2 Love U), Secret snippet, (and I think he also leaked 911 but i'm not 100% sure about that one) on his YT channel. :well:

He did leak 911. It's ironic because he leaked it on Britmas when we had other leaks but the other leaks didn't come from him.

Archived