The Next Evolution Of BreatheHeavy: A Letter From Jordan Miller

Jordan Miller

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, I got a question. How many people would need to subscribe to an Ad-Free Exhale in order for us to get uncensored words back in our texts, and GIF signatures (and HQ AVI's) back? Because Jordan, you know very well how much people started to riot when we couldn't say pu$$y, **** or even **** anymore. And I miss using my old Britney set.

@breatheheavy Hey Jordan, I just saw this. I have some comments that may be helpful. I run a huge successful business beside my hobby music stuff:

1. It is EXTREMELY difficult to get people's coins. $5 a month subscription is pricy, people would rather pay towards a video game or Netflix. People could do the math and realize it's a whooping $60 a year. Your content would have to be super exclusive, interesting, out of this world and have deep true access to artists.

Music is getting cheaper. People don't even buy singles and albums from artists they like anymore, why would they waste monies on some premium content pop website? So you really need to think about that. Will you be able to provide such true exclusive content? Let me give you some example of some actual premium content: videos of you visiting music video sets, going through Britney's museum and detailing it, video of meeting Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, direct video interview with A&R/ successful managers, provide interesting details of an album that no one has. Leaks and stems. Hang out with Cade Hudson. Provide interviews and podcasts that analyse favourite albums, etc etc If you can't provide that sort of premium content regularly then people won't pay/stay. It IS a lot of work to be able to earn that $5. In a way you have to become a celebrity yourself.

2. It is evident that your transition to general pop-site is a bit of a failure because other fanbases wouldn't come here. The general reputation of this website is that it's too negative. Other pop fansites are more successful because they handle negativity immediately, like I just got banned from one (lmfao). However if you can sort of find the middle ground (the greatest thing about this website is still that it allows freedom of speech) and tone down the negativity. Maybe introduce some sort of 'time out' like a 3 days ban when one particular member gets too nasty. Like allow controversial discussion, but discourage bullying.

3. You need to push for marketing, when young people search for pop fansites to join, yours isn't even in the top 10 list. Because it's still a Britney fansite first and foremost. You need to invest in a budget to do this.

4. This website lost its community. It was super vibrant and fun around 2008-2011. You should find ways for people to make friends here, facilitate deep talks about things they like, their issues, and keep discussion healthy and constructive. That way members will stay and feel involved. On a certain popsite they have subforums for movies, games, indie music, love, relationship advice etc etc

5. Have a health/ gym section. You like fitness, Britney is a fit megastar. Do some gym session guides and tips and allow a corner of this website to be about that.

Good luck with your plan and think things through

:saycheese:

• 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

Lemme just say how hard it's been to try this, fail, try that, fail, try this, fail etc in front of thousands of people, but these "failures" are the stepping stones toward achieving greatness. I have HIGH hopes for this site and I am determined to make BH a leading pop music force. 

I appreciate your honesty and passion Jordan, really! ....but stop making bad decisions please :nynod:

• Leader
3 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

We die-hard fans are basically the only ones that truly care and root for breatheheavy, so please no more turns in the wrong direction :queenie::queenie::queenie:

They weren't wrong directions imo. 

One could say the same about anything. Only die-hard fans of Justin Bieber care about Yummy. Only die-hard fans of Kesha care about Kinky. The GP isn't out there stanning. Same for BH. However, I'd like to include and attract more people so they eventually become die-hards. :demi:

17 minutes ago, JordanMiller said:

They weren't wrong directions imo. 

One could say the same about anything. Only die-hard fans of Justin Bieber care about Yummy. Only die-hard fans of Kesha care about Kinky. The GP isn't out there stanning. Same for BH. However, I'd like to include and attract more people so they eventually become die-hards. :demi:

:rihclap:

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Lemme just say how hard it's been to try this, fail, try that, fail, try this, fail etc in front of thousands of people, but these "failures" are the stepping stones toward achieving greatness. I have HIGH hopes for this site and I am determined to make BH a leading pop music force. 

LOL your reply reads like a cringe inducing award acceptance speech. Having said that, we all still want you and BH to succeed.  :)

1 hour ago, JordanMiller said:

Every industry leader makes mistakes, even Britney. BTW, I like the new topics about other artists showing up at the top of the Britney Section. Wouldn't have clicked on those topics otherwise. I think it's a smart move to integrate the Britney stans into the rest of the forums. :awyeah:

• Leader
14 minutes ago, asterix said:

Oh my God! WHO bumped this???? This thread is HILARIOUS 

No it's not just die-hard fans caring about Yummy J0RdAn MiLLeR and... did you.... just compare yourself to Justin Bieber right there? "Same for BH". Careful when you come back from that cloud back on Earth. Hope you carry a good parachute when you do :tifflmao: 

Oh my bad. How should I have responded instead?

Archived