The Next Evolution Of BreatheHeavy: A Letter From Jordan Miller

Jordan Miller

unfortunately this wouldn't be something i would personally be interested in, but i wish you all the best jordan!

i've been here since 2007/2008 and i've loved the website but it's not as full of members as it used to be here and for me i don't think it'd be worth it! i really enjoyed it here back in the day when it was super active.

However, i do hope this new venture goes well for you :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Leader
26 minutes ago, M3DON3R said:

Nobody is really checking for pop star gossip or stan culture. I don’t know if charging people for it will change that?

Don’t get me wrong I really hope that this is a successful venture for you and it breathes some life into the Britney fandom but for me to subscribe the content would have to be outta this world.mp3, exclusive, and serve us piping hot T. 

If you offered a ‘trial’ I’d consider it for the Britney content (not really interested in the other pop stars and I have other sites to check them on for free). Most of the content on this site is user generated. Would you start restricting the hottest topics for paid only members as a result?

Its a slippery slope sis 

:brityes:

People who aren't members will get access to two RX articles per month, to see if it's something they want to be a part of or not :) 

I know this has the potential to be messy, that's why I am trying to be as transparent as possible. Bottom line is I want to create a better BH, and not have to be handcuffed by advertising.

• Leader
8 minutes ago, nels64 said:

Would you consider ever introducing different pricing tiers? Cus if the forumn priveleges are really that much better, I wouldn’t mind paying for just the forum. 

Also I would kill for an exhale app and would 100% pay for it on the app store. The mobile site gets so wonky sometimes. Especially with the adds blocking the notifications most of the time. 

100%! I'm looking into this as well. This is definitely something I've thought a lot about, too. TBH if I can make it work, if someone becomes an RX member, they'll automatically get their Exhale account upgraded. If someone wants to be a member just for Exhale... I'll have to think about the best way to do that. 

• Leader
5 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

A breatheheavy youtube channel would do very well... a weekly pop culture news roundup show... put ads in the video.  It could work and make money but you need the right personalities.  

I actually started to go that route. Check out https://breatheheavy.video

I was doing it because I wanted to generate more revenue, but it didn't take off because personally video is not MY thing. I wasn't passionate about making videos like I am about writing. I need to hire people to make that dream come to reality, which means BH needs to generate more revenue etc. 

Ultimately, I'm not doing memberships to take peoples' money and go to the Bahamas. I want to make BH a better place, and I don't think I can do that anymore with advertising. People are admittedly using ad block, and digital advertising (in my opinion) is on the decline across the board. I think other places will follow suit in the coming year/years! 

6 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

I actually started to go that route. Check out https://breatheheavy.video

I was doing it because I wanted to generate more revenue, but it didn't take off because personally video is not MY thing. I wasn't passionate about making videos like I am about writing. I need to hire people to make that dream come to reality, which means BH needs to generate more revenue etc. 

Ultimately, I'm not doing memberships to take peoples' money and go to the Bahamas. I want to make BH a better place, and I don't think I can do that anymore with advertising. People are admittedly using ad block, and digital advertising (in my opinion) is on the decline across the board. I think other places will follow suit in the coming year/years! 

I have a lot of respect for the work you have done to create this amazing platform. I know how little ads pay, I as a musician made $0.67 last month on 670 streams on Spotify... it pays nothing.  I think you are sitting on a goldmine of advertising potential here regarding musicians, events, LGBT aimed products, fashion, lifestyle.... you have a lot of potential to earn money. I think interactive videos on Youtube would be awesome.. going live to discuss hot topics.  It could be big.  Also, reach out to local businesses that want you to adverstise their events or products in real time in your videos that way you do not have to split the money with Youtube.  

• Leader
16 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

I have a lot of respect for the work you have done to create this amazing platform. I know how little ads pay, I as a musician made $0.67 last month on 670 streams on Spotify... it pays nothing.  I think you are sitting on a goldmine of advertising potential here regarding musicians, events, LGBT aimed products, fashion, lifestyle.... you have a lot of potential to earn money. I think interactive videos on Youtube would be awesome.. going live to discuss hot topics.  It could be big.  Also, reach out to local businesses that want you to adverstise their events or products in real time in your videos that way you do not have to split the money with Youtube.  

Literally every day I get asked about promoting smaller artists for $. I rarely do it because something doesn't sit right with me about sharing music content with you guys that's paid for. I'd rather because it's genuinely epic, but then those posts don't perform as well traffic-wise. Traffic is KEY when it comes to advertising. That is the beauty of a subscription model! It's reliable, and allows me the freedom to create original content without having to worry about 'omg how can I convince people to read this particular story'. It's exhausting. 

I'm of course not ruling any of that out for the future, and will likely pursue it more, but right now I want to test the waters with something new. I have relied on advertising for 15 years and it's SOOO inconsistent. More importantly I just want to write great pieces. There's also two super talented writers working with me on creating these RX stories @JamesExhale @Ross Lohan

6 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Literally every day I get asked about promoting smaller artists for $. I rarely do it because something doesn't sit right with me about sharing music content with you guys that's paid for. I'd rather because it's genuinely epic, but then those posts don't perform as well traffic-wise. Traffic is KEY when it comes to advertising. That is the beauty of a subscription model! It's reliable, and allows me the freedom to create original content without having to worry about 'omg how can I convince people to read this particular story'. It's exhausting. 

I'm of course not ruling any of that out for the future, and will likely pursue it more, but right now I want to test the waters with something new. I have relied on advertising for 15 years and it's SOOO inconsistent. More importantly I just want to write great pieces. There's also two super talented writers working with me on creating these RX stories @JamesExhale @Ross Lohan

Well good luck!  I know you know what you are doing so I am wishing yall the best! 

52 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

I started reading and thought you were closing down the site and I panicked a bit. Good luck on this. I think it’s a good option for those who would be interested in that content. 

Oh my god so did I haha. But I agree too. I think this is a good idea and a lot of websites offer premium exclusives now. 

50 minutes ago, samwoods321 said:

So does it mean paying to be on forum 

Nope if you read the FAQ the premium membership gives you access to premium articles/content and an ad-free experience. Exhale and the main BH site itself is still free.

Can we expect exclusive unreleased tracks from the queen ? :demi:

A special offer for the members who are here since the very first BH?

(You can also offer me the access as the member you mainpaged 2 times for my M&G picture) :jj:

Btw good luck for your new chapter Jordan, it's good to see BH is still here and still improves

2 hours ago, nels64 said:

Would you consider ever introducing different pricing tiers? Cus if the forumn priveleges are really that much better, I wouldn’t mind paying for just the forum. 

Also I would kill for an exhale app and would 100% pay for it on the app store. The mobile site gets so wonky sometimes. Especially with the adds blocking the notifications most of the time. 

This. I want a mobile app @breatheheavy :janet:

Archived