The Next Evolution Of BreatheHeavy: A Letter From Jordan Miller

Jordan Miller

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm personally not interested at all but I wish you luck.. ;) from now on I will definitely whitelist BreatheHeavy in my cupcakes settings because if I consider how much I use this forum it'd only make sense for me to be supportive, I mean, that's literally the least I can do even if the ad revenue from one person switching off cupcakes probably won't change that much at all.. :gelis:

on the other hand though, it's hard not to be pessimistic because literally everything BH revolves around is on the decline - pop music is on the decline, the Britney fanbase is on the decline, her career in general is on the decline, the online forum as a species is on the decline.. I just don't see this being as lucrative as perhaps you've imagined but I'd be more than please to see you prove me wrong.. :tiffanynod:

if you want to earn more dough without getting an "actual" (:demi:) job, I'm sure you'd do well in ****.. that could be your plan D if this doesn't work out.. :demi: if you consider plan D, you should go for either TimTales or LucasEntertainment, just sayin'.. :snarky:

• Leader
23 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I'm personally not interested at all but I wish you luck.. ;) from now on I will definitely whitelist BreatheHeavy in my cupcakes settings because if I consider how much I use this forum it'd only make sense for me to be supportive, I mean, that's literally the least I can do even if the ad revenue from one person switching off cupcakes probably won't change that much at all.. :gelis:

on the other hand though, it's hard not to be pessimistic because literally everything BH revolves around is on the decline - pop music is on the decline, the Britney fanbase is on the decline, her career in general is on the decline, the online forum as a species is on the decline.. I just don't see this being as lucrative as perhaps you've imagined but I'd be more than please to see you prove me wrong.. :tiffanynod:

if you want to earn more dough without getting an "actual" (:demi:) job, I'm sure you'd do well in ****.. that could be your plan D if this doesn't work out.. :demi: if you consider plan D, you should go for either TimTales or LucasEntertainment, just sayin'.. :snarky:

Turning off ad block is a good start =] Websites in general can't survive without a way for it to generate revenue. 

Also I don't agree that pop music / Britney / forums are on the decline. The biggest album / song in 2019 is by a pop star. Reddit is one of the biggest sites on the Internet. Britney will ALWAYS hold a special place in fans' hearts. None of that is going anywhere!

And that's ok if your perception of what I do isn't a real job, but I'm here to say this takes up much more than 40 hours a week like a "actual" job. I'm blessed beyond belief to be able to do this for a living. I love it. 

Gonna ignore the **** comments lol. 

• Leader
On 4/7/2019 at 9:57 AM, Lilith said:

You didn't understand my point with the exclusive stuff that won't be anymore exclusive. The exclusive content won't be exclusive anymore because someone whether it's one person, or two ppl or 3 or more than that, they will review your content 100%, they will talk about it in details and they will also be able to repost/redistribute it to other sites/or their social media/ or wherever else, which means: The exclusive content won't be exclusive anymore because it's going to get reposted either way.
That's what I'm trying to get you to understand. You can't stop that from happening. Someone will take your content which you wrote first yes, but it will get reposted in other places. So it will stop being exclusive anymore.

As for the stealing and banning the people you may find out redistributed your content, how come and you allow your members to post/redistribute artists leaked songs/videos/material/anything but now you say you will ban anyone that's going to redistribute YOUR content? You didn't answer me on that one.
And yes you do allow ppl to redistribute artists leaked stuff bc while you yourself of course (for obvious reasons) don't mainpage them, you STILL post about the songs leaking and don't remove them from exhale either.

I guess I'm not too worried about it because people without memberships will get two RX articles for free every month before the wall pops up. So it's not going to be that hard to see some of the locked content. Check out the NYTimes.com - it's similar to that. You can view a few articles before a wall pops up and blocks the rest of the content. However they've seen a surge in subscriptions anyway. 

Eventually our memberships will evolve and I'll be able to offer more content / merchandise / etc that can't be stolen. I don't know what that looks like yet, but I'm planting the seed to get this site to grow into more. 

All I ask is that you keep a positive, open mind about this (even if you have absolutely zero intentions of ever becoming a RX member). 

4 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Turning off ad block is a good start =] Websites in general can't survive without a way for it to generate revenue. 

Also I don't agree that pop music / Britney / forums are on the decline. The biggest album / song in 2019 is by a pop star. Reddit is one of the biggest sites on the Internet. Britney will ALWAYS hold a special place in fans' hearts. None of that is going anywhere!

And that's ok if your perception of what I do isn't a real job, but I'm here to say this takes up much more than 40 hours a week like a "actual" job. I'm blessed beyond belief to be able to do this for a living. I love it. 

Gonna ignore the **** comments lol. 

Britney is definitely on the decline (music sales wise), you can't deny that.. her sales aren't awful and she still definitely has a chance to get a hit but this fanbase isn't getting any bigger.. :mhmnod: pop music being on the decline is debatable but I feel like Ari only got this huge after becoming black.. :akii: goes to show what kind of music is in right now - hip / hop, trap and R&B.. :bedtime:

I forgot about Reddit even though I use it literally every day.. :woopsie: but then again, BreatheHeavy is very niche and specific while Reddit offers literally everything.. the biggest subreddits are always the least specific ones, also consider the fact that the pop music subreddit only has 80k subs while stuff like r/Pokemon (1,5 million subs) and r/KPop (360k subs) have more subs while being much more niche.. :gelis:

definitely had no ill intentions with the "real job" comment, that was a joke because I'd imagine people like you get bothered by comments like that on the daily so I wanted to tease you a little bit.. :demi: 

once again, hope you prove me wrong.. good luck!! :gelis:

• Leader
7 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Britney is definitely on the decline (music sales wise), you can't deny that.. her sales aren't awful and she still definitely has a chance to get a hit but this fanbase isn't getting any bigger.. :mhmnod: pop music being on the decline is debatable but I feel like Ari only got this huge after becoming black.. :akii: goes to show what kind of music is in right now - hip / hop, trap and R&B.. :bedtime:

I forgot about Reddit even though I use it literally every day.. :woopsie: but then again, BreatheHeavy is very niche and specific while Reddit offers literally everything.. the biggest subreddits are always the least specific ones, also consider the fact that the pop music subreddit only has 80k subs while stuff like r/Pokemon (1,5 million subs) and r/KPop (360k subs) have more subs while being much more niche.. :gelis:

definitely had no ill intentions with the "real job" comment, that was a joke because I'd imagine people like you get bothered by comments like that on the daily so I wanted to tease you a little bit.. :demi: 

once again, hope you prove me wrong.. good luck!! :gelis:

I don't see the correlation between Britney's music sales on the decline and BH memberships. Her stories perform exceptionally well here. 

Also I'm not particularly interested anymore in being the Walmart of music - meaning striving to be a one-stop-shop for music lovers. I want to be THE place for pop music, which will always be in-demand. 

It's definitely not the hottest genre right now, but that doesn't mean it won't have another resurgence like it did in 98-2000s / 2009-2011. In fact, it appears we're inching towards one as we speak. Would be a great time to get my ducks in a row now wouldn't it :qtbrit:

I can't believe I've been a member of Exhale for over 11 years. I was 14 when I registered. I'm now 25. :airpls:

I wish you luck with whatever direction your passion takes you, Jordan. BH has provided so much entertainment and enjoyment in my life over the past decade. I still have the bracelet I won from the BH competition years ago :wontcry: I'll always love it here.

• Leader
19 minutes ago, Lilith said:

NYTimes is charging $1 per month btw, yet you want to charge ppl $5? That was interesting.
Also just because those sites have subscriptions doesn't mean that ppl will necessarily pay. They will get their news from elsewhere. That's the beauty of the internet. People can't be forced to pay to read/get a content of their liking, they will find it for free from other sources 100%.

Also nothing can stay hidden/exclusive/or safe to not be stolen online. What you can do is try what you can to make the content really worthy of that price. You can absolutely try, it's up to you to make it successful.
Don't worry we will keep an open mind, I will definitely not say no right away I'm curious to see what comes next, it's up to you to convince us. :)

The NYTimes is actually charging $15 a month :)

https://www.nytimes.com/subscription/multiproduct/lp8PRPR.html?campaignId=7JXH7&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nytimes.com%2F

And also thank you for saying you'll keep an open mind! Bad karma to those that steal, and I'll be on the defense to make sure it doesn't happen, and when it does shut them down. I can't stop them from copy + pasting it to their friends in an email, but I don't see someone doing that for too long. That'd get annoying af to do  lol

• Leader
20 minutes ago, Damon said:

I can't believe I've been a member of Exhale for over 11 years. I was 14 when I registered. I'm now 25. :airpls:

I wish you luck with whatever direction your passion takes you, Jordan. BH has provided so much entertainment and enjoyment in my life over the past decade. I still have the bracelet I won from the BH competition years ago :wontcry: I'll always love it here.

omg the bracelet! That's freaking awesome!! Good times! 

• Leader
2 minutes ago, Lilith said:

They had a Spring offer a while ago if i'm not mistaken, that had it like $1 the month and they make those offer packages quite often generally. Right now what the current subscription says is " €1.00 a week for one year." :) which is still cheaper and mind you, it's a global news website about everything in existence. Not just "pop" news.

Can you link me to the $1 a week for one year option? Cause I'm seeing this:

Four weeks free, then $3.75 a week.
Billing information: you will receive 4 weeks free, then be automatically charged $15.00 every 4 weeks.

• Leader
3 minutes ago, cheri said:

so i hope that means you're finally getting rid of the one-sided britney section (along with the general section banner) and treating each pop star equally as i said in my post because right now the forum is nothing but army members who feel entitled to drag every other pop artist through the mud but whine and spit their dummies out when people do it to britney. understand that if other fanbases join they will be on the defense due to the uneven ratio & they will have every right to be. this pop forum won't work if it's unbalanced like it is now. seeing a big fat britney section & a general section with a britney photo & nothing else is so unappealing to other fanbases.

Hmmm. I don't like the idea of getting rid of the britney section because we have way too many threads about her. Comments would get totally lost if we had one giant thread don't you think? 

What they say about the banners is true. I mean, I don't care about other artists not having a place, because I don't care about other artists, but if this is supposed to be a pop forum, I think there should be a banner as big as Britney's for all the major acts BH wants to attract. Well, not the acts, but the fanbases. 

They need to feel as welcomed as Britney fans. 

I don't know how messy it would be for the site's design, but it could be tried with let's say, 8-10 major acts in the front page, and then have like a "More forums" section, and have a second page with a banner for other minor acts. As the demand increases, other subforums stuck in the general Music Section, or General Section, could get their front banner, or lose it.

Well, I'm calling them banners, but it's not the banner, it's those pictures we have on Exhale's home with Britney / Christina / Paris Hilton. 

Britney forum should then have to be treated equally, and in the remote case another subforum became more popular, we would have to accept it and put that other forum banner on top of Britney's. Having a little healthy competition could be fun :raven: 

At the beginning I don't know how Jordan could convince other fanbases to join, but initially the existing members could help, if they want to, by creating threads about their faves other than Britney, as they do now, but now within their respective section. :yaknow:

• Leader
5 minutes ago, Lilith said:

They had a Spring offer a while ago if i'm not mistaken, that had it like $1 the month and they make those offer packages quite often generally. Right now what the current subscription says is " €1.00 a week for one year." :) which is still cheaper and mind you, it's a global news website about everything in existence. Not just "pop" news.

Ah I found it. https://www.nytimes.com/subscription/exo/lp/lp8KQBT

So after the first year you're committing to $15 a month according to that deal. Plus no access to some of the other subsections. 

It's a good strategy but I'm not willing to make a yearly option yet seeing as this is brand new for BH! Definitely want to see how things go first before making that option (which will be very very easy to implement) 

I think design is very important, maybe because I'm a more visual person, but I think that could be a good incentive. Just as we get these cool Britney themes on Exhale, there should be cool themes for other artists so their fans want to stay.

One of the reasons I don't spend much time on Pokémon / videogames forums is beacuse they're not that visually attractive to me. 

• Leader
14 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

What they say about the banners is true. I mean, I don't care about other artists not having a place, because I don't care about other artists, but if this is supposed to be a pop forum, I think there should be a banner as big as Britney's for all the major acts BH wants to attract. Well, not the acts, but the fanbases. 

They need to feel as welcomed as Britney fans. 

I don't know how messy it would be for the site's design, but it could be tried with let's say, 8-10 major acts in the front page, and then have like a "More forums" section, and have a second page with a banner for other minor acts. As the demand increases, other subforums stuck in the general Music Section, or General Section, could get their front banner, or lose it.

Well, I'm calling them banners, but it's not the banner, it's those pictures we have on Exhale's home with Britney / Christina / Paris Hilton. 

Britney forum should then have to be treated equally, and in the remote case another subforum became more popular, we would have to accept it and put that other forum banner on top of Britney's. Having a little healthy competition could be fun :raven: 

At the beginning I don't know how Jordan could convince other fanbases to join, but initially the existing members could help, if they want to, by creating threads about their faves other than Britney, as they do now, but now within their respective section. :yaknow:

Love love love all of this. 

For all members: if you had your dream way of Exhale and its subsections was laid out - how would you want it? 

Archived