The Next Evolution Of BreatheHeavy: A Letter From Jordan Miller

Jordan Miller

• Leader

bh-rx-letter-2.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 dollars for "Ad-free & beautiful, original content for subscribers, including in-depth thought pieces, investigative essays, interviews, features, podcasts, videos and more!"?????!!!  Shudder costs $4,99 and offers a wide veriety of horror movies & exclusive content :whatitellu:

Sorry Jordan, I don't see the point in this :notatall:

• Leader
19 minutes ago, #Brunetteney said:

I think its a great idea! A lot of people really love the analytical side of pop culture so I think it will do well. Also, have you ever thought about starting a Breatheheavy podcast? I’d totally listen and I bet a bunch of other people would too. :mhmnod:

Thank you!!! We are definitely working towards a podcast. I LOVE podcasts, and I think I could offer some pretty interesting insight to readers, but one project at a time haha. I'd love to have that up this year though. 

1 minute ago, breatheheavy said:

Isn't that INSANE?! 

I remember there was such backlash from that, that's why I am treading lightly with this next step. 

I even moved to another forum, and I was here again by the end of the year. :raven:

I think BH / Exhale will always be the main Britney fansite by excellence :mhm:

We can research many things about Britney's life and career on the internet, but I think a huge part of the story is also written within the threads of this forum, and that's what make us different from the rest of the world, we know and see things they don't :P Because we have this space where we can share, analyze and discover many things that cannot be discussed the same on social media or other websites. Maybe other forums, but Exhale is cooler :hiii:

• Leader
23 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

5 dollars for "Ad-free & beautiful, original content for subscribers, including in-depth thought pieces, investigative essays, interviews, features, podcasts, videos and more!"?????!!!  Shudder costs $4,99 and offers a wide veriety of horror movies & exclusive content :whatitellu:

Sorry Jordan, I don't see the point in this :notatall:

All good! I know it's going to be a hard sell, hence why I created a waiting list for to generate some buzz (versus just dropping memberships live). 

I think the proof will be in the pudding when this really great content drips out. Trust me, for an entire year I've weighed the pros and cons. Advertising is on the decline, and I don't want it to be the sole way BH generates revenue anymore. It's way, way too inconsistent. I'd rather have less traffic, but the people that do visit are there because they really love it. ❤️ I know this isn't for everyone, and the thought of paying for content is SUCH taboo that I've been terrified to try this for a really long time. I have a gut feeling other sites will follow suit in the coming year/years an I wanted to be one of the firsts. 

Nobody is really checking for pop star gossip or stan culture. I don’t know if charging people for it will change that?

Don’t get me wrong I really hope that this is a successful venture for you and it breathes some life into the Britney fandom but for me to subscribe the content would have to be outta this world.mp3, exclusive, and serve us piping hot T. 

If you offered a ‘trial’ I’d consider it for the Britney content (not really interested in the other pop stars and I have other sites to check them on for free). Most of the content on this site is user generated. Would you start restricting the hottest topics for paid only members as a result?

Its a slippery slope sis 

:brityes:

I think you would be better off going the PR route if you want to make money... there are lots of independent artists that would love exposure on a site this big.  I know you must make a lot of money from these full-screen ads that block the whole page and force me to close my screen and have to reload the page.  I think a lot of thought should be put into it before you charge essentially $60 a year for what we are currently getting.

Archived