do you accept now that our gurl is hasbeen

troubleguy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

This is why I wish she can maturate in her new songs. She was on a “good train” with Britney and In The Zone. Where you can clearly see that she was growing up like artist. But after Circus she had a huge stop. Don’t get me wrong, FF was a good album every single was very famous all over the world and Glory is one of my fav albums, but the lyrics is too poor. I’d love to see a Britney who can sing about what’s going on on this world too or what’s goin on in her mind too. I mean look Slave, it was a pop song but at least she was talking about her young age, in in The Zone she talked about ************, now she can only talk about partying, flirting etc. it’s ok for 3-4 songs but a full album like this it’s too “dumb”. 

With the life she had she would have a lot of topics to talk about. She’s talented in so many ways but nowadays she doesn’t show it. Music is expression. In her prime she talked about a lot of things during her concerts now it’s impossibile to hear a Britney’s thought. 

this sounds a bit naive...shes a musician, either her officially retirement can put the full stop at our winings :bedtime:

2 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

This is a fact and it’s true. Scream & Shout, TTWE, IWG and Work ***** were famous here. 

Btw here they are complaining about that young generation doesn’t know her and it’s impossibile I think 

Oh yes, Scream and Shout was a smash hit here! No doubts. But it was also heavily promoted on the radios. 

yes.. and I kind of hate myself for still being wishing she was sucessful...

I think she doesn´t even want this anymore... she is still working because of executives that depends on we - FANS THAT HASNT MOVE ON TO A NEW ARTIST YET- .

SO BASICALLY I FEEL ITS OUR FAULT :disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:

at nights I pray.. that soon your face will face away :nydisgust:

7 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Where do you live when you say younger generation doesn’t know Britney Spears? :xfactorlook:  

She’s relevant and you’ll realize it when you find haters. For example Xtina (I love her) isn’t relevant and it’s a shame because she’s so good! And really young generation doesn’t know her.

Yep. This 'hasbeen' talk is for Floptina fans who think that Britney and Floptina are on the same level. Britney is a LEGEND. Floptina WAS just a POP STAR. Legends last forever, pop stars come and go.

Shes not a hasbeen because she left her mark on the pop industry, but the GP doesnt care about her for decades now. The reason for that is she wasnt able or her label never let her reinvent herself she couldnt step out of this oversexualized gay music image since ITZ. Maybe if she did or does something else, but until everything stays the same only submassive bottom guys will listen to her. 

Most people aren't that relevant after like 10 years out. The newer artists are always more relevant. "Hasbeen" is a little harsh, I mean it happens to everyone. Madonna is not a "hasbeen" bc she hasn't had a hit in a while. She's a legend. Britney is the same way.

She has been pretty lucky with her 7th album being #1 and having three top 10 hits. But again - it's pretty standard for people to lose interest in actually buying "older" artists' music. Britney could be more relevant but she doesn't devote 100% to her projects so it's not going to happen. I just consider myself lucky that she still continues to do stuff.

I think you’re being a little too harsh. I agree that these days she’s basically choosing to be irrelevant but to me an has-been is a celebrity who, despite their early success, is hardly known by anyone and has no career anymore. Britney just made $30M last year and she’s still a recognizable name for anyone and most people know her music (although very few people are aware of her most recent work). She’s clearly not an has been and actually I don’t really consider Xtina an has been either. To me an has been is someone like Jessica Simpson.

10 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Hmm I think GP decided she's a has been but not because of the 2 last nonexistent eras, I think they just don't care about her :whatitellu:

I also think Gaga is going the same route despite her Oscar and shallow thing...millenials have no idea of who she is :whatitellu:

Same thing will happen to Ariana Grande and Taylor swift in a few years, eventually those things happen :whatitellu:

The only one that keeps reinventing herself at her 60s is Madonnasaur, I mean she's the one that really changed the phase of female pop music :mhmnod:

I don't mind her being a hasbeen, you cannot always be on top sweetie :notatall: 

Madonna looking a fool in process for some years now 

Archived