do you accept now that our gurl is hasbeen

troubleguy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Ppl know who Britney’s is and that won’t change for awhile.

Music wise and career wise she is known for stuff over a decade old. Nothing wrong with that but she isn’t current. 

This is why I wish she can maturate in her new songs. She was on a “good train” with Britney and In The Zone. Where you can clearly see that she was growing up like artist. But after Circus she had a huge stop. Don’t get me wrong, FF was a good album every single was very famous all over the world and Glory is one of my fav albums, but the lyrics is too poor. I’d love to see a Britney who can sing about what’s going on on this world too or what’s goin on in her mind too. I mean look Slave, it was a pop song but at least she was talking about her young age, in in The Zone she talked about ************, now she can only talk about partying, flirting etc. it’s ok for 3-4 songs but a full album like this it’s too “dumb”. 

With the life she had she would have a lot of topics to talk about. She’s talented in so many ways but nowadays she doesn’t show it. Music is expression. In her prime she talked about a lot of things during her concerts now it’s impossibile to hear a Britney’s thought. 

32 minutes ago, falka said:

Are The Rolling Stones hasbeens? :badgirl:

Well, they're part of the rock and roll culture and movement, they're on a complete different level pretty much like The beatles, Queen, david bowie, etc. 

Britney will get to that level in the pop industry, I mean she's a pop icon already but her lack of passion in the last 10 years puts everything at risk tbh :whatitellu:

1 minute ago, pablitonizer said:

Well, they're part of the rock and roll culture and movement, they're on a complete different level pretty much like The beatles, Queen, david bowie, etc. 

Britney will get to that level in the pop industry, I mean she's a pop icon already but her lack of passion in the last 10 years puts everything at risk tbh :whatitellu:

I'm sure that there are hasbeens in R&R also, what I meant was; artist who achieved at any point certain level, never became hasbeens, :well: Marilyn Monroe even dead is still cherished.

28 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

This is why I wish she can maturate in her new songs. She was on a “good train” with Britney and In The Zone. Where you can clearly see that she was growing up like artist. But after Circus she had a huge stop. Don’t get me wrong, FF was a good album every single was very famous all over the world and Glory is one of my fav albums, but the lyrics is too poor. I’d love to see a Britney who can sing about what’s going on on this world too or what’s goin on in her mind too. I mean look Slave, it was a pop song but at least she was talking about her young age, in in The Zone she talked about ************, now she can only talk about partying, flirting etc. it’s ok for 3-4 songs but a full album like this it’s too “dumb”. 

With the life she had she would have a lot of topics to talk about. She’s talented in so many ways but nowadays she doesn’t show it. Music is expression. In her prime she talked about a lot of things during her concerts now it’s impossibile to hear a Britney’s thought. 

I don’t think she has it in her anymore. I hope she proves me wrong but she just wants to record whatever and leave the studio. 

• Super Mods
28 minutes ago, MoonLight28 said:

she's a has been and nostalgia act... people who denied it it's the same who can accept their age lol :yesokay:

For now she’s seen as that but that’s her team’s fault for marketing her that way. She is still likeable and judging from video reactions on YouTube, people still love and respect her. It’s too early for her to become a nostalgia act. I hope they are using this long as break to come up with a new plan to get her back on top. Wishful thinking. 

Basically just saying she still has potential, she’s not expired yet. I know personally for her she rather not be a nostalgia act as we know she hates her old music so it frustrates me her team pushes the old stuff cuz it’s safe and guaranteed to make money. That’s why she’s flopping. Nothing interesting is happening with her and her team kinda stripped anything that made Britney exciting like controversy.

2 hours ago, ClaudiaDC said:

Where do you live when you say younger generation doesn’t know Britney Spears?

Italy probably... 

Anyway, being marked as a nostalgia act actually means you are a has-been. Also it's not like her latest works were successful due to many factors, Britney's lack of involvement first. 

Also Cappy please avoid posting the MM iTunes flops. I know and its irrelevant. Thanks. 

26 minutes ago, ClaudiaDC said:

I’m Italian and people know her here! If you say her name everybody knows her 

I'm Italian too and of course they know her as a name, but they think she stopped working ages ago and that she went crazy due to her dark period being overpromoted everywhere. Now it's like she disappeared for most people. And I mean, she quite disappeared anyway, so who can blame them for thinking like that? Only hardcore fans know her latest works and the played songs on the radios are mostly Toxic and BOMT... 

4 minutes ago, Lantis said:

I'm Italian too and of course they know her as a name, but they think she stopped working ages ago and that she went crazy due to her dark period being overpromoted everywhere. Now it's like she disappeared for most people. And I mean, she quite disappeared anyway, so who can blame them for thinking like that? Only hardcore fans know her latest works and the played songs on the radios are mostly Toxic and BOMT... 

This is a fact and it’s true. Scream & Shout, TTWE, IWG and Work ***** were famous here. 

Btw here they are complaining about that young generation doesn’t know her and it’s impossibile I think 

Archived