do you accept now that our gurl is hasbeen

troubleguy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More like a rusty legend from yesteryear. She makes the audience feel this way:bareclap:

She’ll always have her name...but the gp will also always think of her as white trash and most critics will never take her musical output seriously. They all love her in a very unique Britney-type of way, but they’re also all bored of her. 

Her career hiatus and her 20th anniversary did stir some things up however, so if she can come back with a lot of label support and a banger I think she could still turn some heads. The odds of that happening though....

I accept it cuz I just don't care at all

and started to stop hating on other female popstars which do care about their carreers and deliver.

Britney just doesnt want to be here, no matter what they try to sell us about her loving her work...it doesnt show at all 

8 hours ago, Sporty said:

I really stopped caring about her popularity in 2004 after she married Jason Alexander and then found Kevin Federline. Her reputation was destroyed long ago. Even when she was everywhere in 2004, her interviews and candids were utterly embarrassing. The entire world was laughing as she walked into gas stations barefoot with acne cream smeared on her face, emptied ashtrays from her Santa Monica balcony, chain smoked cigarettes with the nastiest messy buns you've ever seen, pretended to give Kevin a ******** in front of the paparazzi, etc. When she released My Prerogative, I was beyond annoyed - her disastrous personal life with Kevin was being mixed with her music.

Look, most people won't remember this, but she said she was going to release a "Letter of Truth" to her fan club shortly after she married Kevin. It was supposed to be deep, thought provoking, and raw. People paid big bucks to sign up for her fan club. But then the letter was only a few paragraphs long filled with bubbly BS, and it was made available to the entire general public on her site. Fans were pissed. Sound familiar? I'll bet it does. She hasn't cared about delivering to her fans in a long time.

Even when people were rooting for her in 2008, it just wasn't the same. I accepted that nothing would be the same over 15 years ago. The Britney you're all looking for, the one who wants to captivate the world's gaze and be on top, peaced out for good when she said F U to the world ages ago.

And really, the older I get, the less this kind of **** matters. I stopped chasing after Britney a decade and a half ago - now I just watch career from a distance without any attachment.

This hit hard. :crying3:

No I don’t think so.

it’s odd but theres been so many few female superstars. If she has good material and really go out there to promo she can literally go on top again.

literally every since she came on there’s been Gaga, Rihanna, Katy, Taylor Swift, Selena, Beyonce and now Arianna.

It’s not a lot of competition.

She will probably be a niche in the long run.

no other one has been able to replace her yet as they really dont do what she’s known for

Do u really think so?
She still gets a decent amount of streams for an act from the 90s.
She is the 3rd most successful female from her peers (even tho P!nk and Beyonce debuted several years after her so it's normal that they would last more)
She continues to prove herself as a touring artist (on several lists for one of the biggest tours of 2018 and biggest shows in certain areas (hold the biggest show in Asia this decade))
She still continues getting awards and certifications (even if they arent as common /but she doesn't release much either so..)
She continues to get named as an influence,inspiration and is cited in songs (4 in 2018 alone)
The artist that are announcing Vegas these days is enough of an impact alone from her recently.

I mean..she isn't as over as yall think she is..
She has better first number sales than most acts that are more relevant than her today (Glory was the 6th biggest opening for a female of 2016)
+It's not like everyone is doing great either..
Male acts are IN today just like the Urban/Rap sound is the 1# sound atm.
Beyonce's recent singles flopped,album didn't do as well and only their tour saved their era.
P!nk's singles didn't do that good and her album and tour saved her (but that still means she is falling)
Katy's singles were a lil better but still her album flopped and mostly her singles saved her even tho her tour did okay (even tho Britney outsold many of the same dates)
Gaga needs a f**king movie or a Big Event to get her stuff to sell (cant rely on solo power)
So yea..her single still went top 20 and got certifications..she has decent streams (look at Xtina and JLos recent releases (Jlo especially since the Latino brings in a lot of streams) (comparing them to Brit because they started at the same time as her)) her residency is one of the best sold and her tour had several records to its name.

Honestly...the only thing she is lacking is the strong album sales (but she has 9 albums, tell me how much artist have that many in their 20 years of careers and arent flopping (without Celine (who can land on 2 countries that worship her) and Madonna)
I mean..especially since her team runs the promotions and releases and stuff..and we ALL know how many mistakes they make.

People who are saying that Britney is not a "has been" because "she WAS popular, she WAS an icon, she WAS legendary, she WAS selling millions of records" ....... um.....:mj::heresthetea: ARE YOU EVEN USING YOUR BRAIN? That is literally why SHE IS A "HAS BEEN"! :lessons: We all know that Britney is an ICON and a LEGEND. but R I G H T  N O W  she is not relevant among the general public. She was literally performing Piece of Me for years with only 1-2 new songs in it... That is because the GP only care about "old Britney". Now Britney is irrelevant and is a 100% "has been". :mattafact::heresthetea: But SHE is responsible for that. She clearly doesn't want to be relevant and "on top" anymore... Cause she is sabotaging her own career.

Just now, Lukass1896 said:

People who are saying that Britney is not a "has been" because "she WAS popular, she WAS an icon, she WAS legendary, she WAS selling millions of records" ....... um.....:mj::heresthetea: ARE YOU EVEN USING YOUR BRAIN? That is literally why SHE IS A "HAS BEEN"! :lessons: We all know that Britney is an ICON and a LEGEND. but R I G H T  N O W  she is not relevant among the general public. She was literally performing Piece of Me for years with only 1-2 new songs in it... That is because the GP only care about "old Britney". Now Britney is irrelevant and is a 100% "has been". :mattafact::heresthetea: But SHE is responsible for that. She clearly doesn't want to be relevant and "on top" anymore... Cause she is sabotaging her own career.

People are so afraid to accept the truth. Our girl is a hasbeen and she prefers it that way. 

Archived