If she went a little darker

CharlieBlue8

7 minutes ago, Alexa said:

Her natural color combined with that warm tan she had in her teenage years was really perfect, I think - and she was so pretty at that Elton John event. I just don't understand the more recent trend with her and having a super light blonde tint and excessively long hair. The transitional phase she has between brown and blonde is always flattering, though.

agree. the caramel hair looks gorgeous on her.

normal_XRAY_Spears_Britney_031713_PT2_28normal_XRAY_Spears_Britney_031713_PT4_28normal_XRAY_Spears_Britney_031113_28329.normal_XRAY_Coffee_SN_285429.jpgnormal_XRAY_walmart_PT2_28829.jpgnormal_XRAY_BS_022.jpgnormal_XRAY_spearslove032213_282329.jpgnormal_XRAY_spearslaxpt2032813_28429.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/1/2019 at 12:59 PM, The Greatest Show said:

I dont think it was her pregnancies. She tanned well during the circus era. I think it's just age. I used to tan really well and get a beautiful color but all of a sudden my body didnt tan well and my head just got bright red. Its not burnt, the skin is fine my tan is just a really reddish brown all of a sudden.

Orange brown isnt a natural tan to me it looks like spray tan. 

I do not mean the aging of her skin(Which thinks the same as you).I mean the color of her skin.

1 hour ago, misanthrope said:

So this is going to sound misogynistic of me but its my aesthetic opinion, I hate when girls (or anyone for that matter) has that inbetween blonde and brown color. Where its just looks faded and blah, kind of like Miley Cyrus' current hair color. Its just sooooo f**king dull looking and boring and plain jane. I really don't think that blonde-brown color looks particularly stunning on anyone its very middling imo. Not striking. ETc. For me I think something striking is a lot more effective, beachy looking b/s does absolutely nothing for me.

That's not misogynistic, which ironically makes it one of the few posts on this site that doesn’t contain undertones of sexism. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with respectfully verbalizing one’s personal preference with regard to appearance.

I have no idea what Miley’s current hair looks like and don’t feel like googling her because thanks to the Bangerz era the images might ruin my day. 

However, I do think that a kind of cooler, ashy shade of dirty blonde can be extremely flattering depending on the skintone, coloring and makeup of the individual. It needs to be achieved via a generous amount of varying highlights and lowlights, though, and not just all dyed one shade, because I agree the latter does look rather plain and one-dimensional.

In my opinion, the following are examples of “dirty blonde” done correctly, and it’s always been very flattering on Britney (and even more so as she’s gotten older): 

B218-E27-D-0037-4-B85-869-E-8-A289-BE834

543ca89cd5abbd0fb88d49f50a795a69.jpg

BS-bob-06-1437697632.jpg?quality=.8&heig

aaca67c05d7a9fbe8b230b13be72bcd9.jpg

Britney+Spears+For+Shape+magazine+June+2

Even simply adding some caramel tones throughout would make the blonde far less harsh:

87445.jpg

Personally, I find the above subtler, darker shades of blonde far more flattering than this:

BA4-E4-D1-A-6439-4-CF4-A19-F-94489310-B4

britney-spears-hair-6-500x750.jpg

071916-britney-spears_0.jpg?itok=9E-N2xH

The dark blonde looks fantastic on many other formerly platinum blonde women that are now ~40+ as well:

GettyImages-866177238.jpg

paris-hilton-at-the-paper-magazine-runwa

0-FACF8-FD-B58-F-412-F-BB68-BBA5547-FB78

Elle-Macpherson.jpg

For example, this was what Elle McPherson stated regarding her darker hair color:

“Elle Macpherson relies on her hair to keep her looking young rather than make-up.

The 50-year-old model is known for flawless complexion, which is highlighted by her luscious blonde locks. Elle believes maintaining the colour of her hair is what makes the most difference to her looks. 

‘My biggest beauty secret... choosing the right hair colour and keeping it maintained has the biggest effect on my skintone, more so than make-up,’ she told British magazine Look. ‘If my hair's a bit off, I can look drained, older, or tired. I tend to go for caramel lowlights in the summer and mink shades in the winter.’”

Source: https://m.independent.ie/style/beauty/why-hair-is-more-important-for-antiageing-than-makeup-30325776.html

And Blake Lively is only 31, but already switched to the “bronde” trend a while ago.

Before:

75f61fe3840706d80144b2f0555dbfd6.png

After: 

Favorite-Female-Celebrity-2014-Poll.jpg

604-B311-B-9-E0-B-48-D4-A5-C8-CA1-E9-D4-

blake-lively-bronde-hair.jpg?quality=50&

3 hours ago, misanthrope said:

Also Paris is the same age as Britney btw lol

Oh, I'm aware (hence the “~40”).  :) I assumed she was likely older than 35, but was too lazy to check. However, I think she really looks fantastic. Hasn’t aged a day since her heyday, as it were. And is actually much prettier now that she no longer weighs 90 pounds, 10 of which was accumulated coats of spray tanner. :orangu:

0bff749ad45508f0c672c3c06368976e.jpg

Archived