Will she ever release a song as good as ‘Hold It Against Me’ again?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, SonOfSun said:

I disagree, it's one of her most forgetful single :ririshade2:

. It's too dated, too 2011, not timeless at all. 

So? Its only normal for things to become dated. If things are considered bad just bc they become dated we wouldnt listen to most stuff out there anymore. The biggest icons have “dated” music.

• Super Mods
15 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

By ‘Katy Perry reject’, you mean a Max Martin/Dr. Luke certified banger, simultaneously giving us #1 chart-topping POP masterpieces left and right?  giphy.gif

The production of Hold It Against Me alone is clearly above average and the layering of the chorus has that beautiful rhythmic pattern to it that was seen in a lot of the timeless late 90’s/early 00’s pop song. The dubstep bit was just the icing on the cake. The song has been interpreted in so many ways from its subliminal messages to the lasting-effects it's had on dubstep-influenced pop. It stands out so well amongst her discography and I’m afraid she won’t come close to anything as good in a while!  giphy.gif

Btw her last #1 solo single, AND for a reasonT! giphy.gif

Yeah but that’s just production, the song itself was written by Bonnie McKee (sure Max might’ve Gave input but she is still the lead writer) and she did said she got the inspiration to write the song because of Katy. So all I’m saying is if you want a hit, why does it have to be penned by Bonnie? Bonnie is just another writer on the Max Martin roster. You can put any songwriter plus Max Martin and it would be a hit. There’s no thinking and there’s no worry it won’t be a hit, that’s lazy and that’s why I’m not all for bringing Max Martin back. It’s good short term wise but not in the long term. She needs to take risk and be bold, that’s gonna get people’s attention cuz if she keeps working with Max, she’ll just end up like Katy Perry, all the hits but people don’t care or pay attention to her. She’s not named basic Perry for a reason.

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, f**knfurter said:

Right? I think the only reason I like HIAM so much is because of the video. Its actually upsetting how often it gets written off as one of her worst because of her state of mind/dead eyes at the time, because while I understand why, its storyline is the most interesting and unique of all her videos because its actually her tale. Plus it was beautifully shot in such a way that it all makes sense if you understand the context.

I was so mad, Larry said they enjoyed working with Jonas and wants to work with him in the future but with so much fan complaints about it, I think that’s why they never hired him since then. I mean Britney wasn’t in the right mood from the start of the era so you can give the dancing a pass and I always thought the editing was done that way as a style and it didn’t bother me because the music was very spastic and the inspiration was probably drawn from the breakdown so the editing was an artistic choice (and probably done to mask her lack of dancing ) it was edited to the beat so I don’t know why people are losing their **** like it was poorly edited.

18 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

I was so mad, Larry said they enjoyed working with Jonas and wants to work with him in the future but with so much fan complaints about it, I think that’s why they never hired him since then. I mean Britney wasn’t in the right mood from the start of the era so you can give the dancing a pass and I always thought the editing was done that way as a style and it didn’t bother me because the music was very spastic and the inspiration was probably drawn from the breakdown so the editing was an artistic choice (and probably done to mask her lack of dancing ) it was edited to the beat so I don’t know why people are losing their **** like it was poorly edited.

Lmao I just cannot stand Jonas Arkelund's work at all. I literally hate all the 'comic book' (or whatever you may call it )style he puts all over his music videos. From Madonna's music to Gaga's telephone, I swear, I hate everything this man ever touched in his life. Even though the MV wasn't that bad, there were still his gimmick titles and effects, can't stand it man lol :imok:

• Super Mods
2 minutes ago, ralphcornio said:

Lmao I just cannot stand Jonas Arkelund's work at all. I literally hate all the 'comic book' (or whatever you may call it )style he puts all over his music videos. From Madonna's music to Gaga's telephone, I swear, I hate everything this man ever touched in his life. Even though the MV wasn't that bad, there were still his gimmick titles and effects, can't stand it man lol :imok:

Yeah, ok you got that but I always liked his productions. I’m glad she continues to use B Ackerlund as she is part of the Jonas look which is why she looks so fierce in WB. It’s just so disappointing that she got Randee to do her MM video and her lead singles are usually reserved for the big leagues. 

1 minute ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah, ok you got that but I always liked his productions. I’m glad she continues to use B Ackerlund as she is part of the Jonas look which is why she looks so fierce in WB. It’s just so disappointing that she got Randee to do her MM video and her lead singles are usually reserved for the big leagues. 

Tbh Randee was a letdown but it was a rushed work. She had David LaChapelle which was big name. But you know, with B and her Team they have to scrap everything nice. She should team up with the real god - Francis Lawrence - for her next lead. The man created Bad Romance,Slave 4 U and Circus videos so he can't do wrong - even if he had to work with FFney :bedtime:

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, ralphcornio said:

Tbh Randee was a letdown but it was a rushed work. She had David LaChapelle which was big name. But you know, with B and her Team they have to scrap everything nice. She should team up with the real god - Francis Lawrence - for her next lead. The man created Bad Romance,Slave 4 U and Circus videos so he can't do wrong - even if he had to work with FFney :bedtime:

Yeah but even if Randee had more time, it would still be the way it is. I mean all her work is just pretty but that’s it. I agree that Francis can bring it because it really does boil down to good directing. I don’t think he would do it just like Nigel ****, he’s moved on. I think even Larry said that Francis doesn’t do music videos anymore, I mean he has a more lucrative career doing movies than music videos and he only accepted to do it that one time. 

Archived