Will she ever release a song as good as ‘Hold It Against Me’ again?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

i didn't read it for a reason, it's your opinion, not facts

if you are the kind of person who doesn't like people who have a different opinion then I can't help

I don’t dislike people who have a different opinion.  What I dislike are people who remain blindsided and as a result, remain stubborn about it. In this case, making up an excuse that you didn’t read when there are clear and valid points being said that any critical Britney fan would agree on.

To end, there is a reason why DYWCO wasn’t a single.

It. Had. No. Appeal. And. Would. Have. Flopped. Outside. Of. Her. Gay. Fanbase. 

And Britney’s team of professional executives knew that and decided not to waste their efforts on something that had little to zero potential.  

You comparing DYWCO to HIAM is like saying McDonalds meat is more superior than filet mignion. Then again, we all know people out there who prefer McDonald’s so it’s really just a preference. To each their own.

Now...is HIAM — BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic level? No, but it’s up there as one of her best amongst her entire catalogue.

4 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I don’t dislike people who have a different opinion.  What I dislike are people who remain blindsided and as a result, remain stubborn about it. In this case, making up an excuse that you didn’t read when there are clear and valid points being said that any critical Britney fan would agree on.

you can bring all the points you want, doesn't mean people need to agree with you

:begone:

if people think that Chillin' With You is better than HIAM then leave them be

you can't post a subjective matter and expect everyone to agree

• Super Mods
5 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Um......Excuse me child? are you f**king aware that Max Martin has penned not only some of her most memorable, but best pop songs to date? Without him, we wouldn’t even have had the Britney we know today and he played a MASSIVE influence/role in Britney’s work of 1998-2001.

Not every Max Martin song is a guaranteed hit so your logic already failed to get across. But based on your assumption, you think Max Martin songs like BOMT, Crazy, Oops, Stronger are all lazy and short-term (whatever that’s supposed to mean).....sweetie, those are pop classics that are forever ingrained in popular culture....and that’s what pop music is. It represents a moment in time of popular culture.....she is a POP singer who followed the standard (and failed to evolve after 2008)......what’s not clicking?

Also, I and many others never asked for Britney to work with MM again, or Bonnie Whew for that matter, since she’s been there, done that.  We get it. The point is, she still has it in her to have a guaranteed hit (with or without Max), but only if the song is appealing to more than one demographic. I’m afraid if she releases another album full of Make Me’s that we won’t get a hit because, for one, there was no appeal. To top it off, it wasn’t risky, nor bold. 

And y’all have the nerve to come for Katy by calling her basic as if Britney hasn’t been basic herself this decade and clings on to, yes... surprise, her MAX MARTIN hits for their nostalgic value and pop excellence. 

Omg why are you praising the hell out of Max when it’s Bonnie McKee who wrote the song and you’re the one making a topic about wanting more songs like that so you are asking to bring back her. Have you even heard the demo?

You just went ape **** at people who don’t agree with you and looking st this discussion it’s clearly obvious how bias and immature you are. People have different opinions, stop being like trump and trying to get everything to agree to yoU. Max works with all the top artists and they are all on the top charts so how is Britney gonna have a unique sound if her song with Max sound like all the other artists? That’s being basic and yes, an album of MM could get her to the top but her team failed to market it well. You’re too fixated on your obsession with the song that you fail to see that if she goes with another Max Martin song that okay, she might get a hit but it’s not gonna impress anyone cuz it’s something they expect from her and it comes off lazy. You just want care about the sales. 

This is why we can’t have civilized discussions, people jump straight for the kill. Whatever, I do t have to keep bantering with you cuz you just gonna find someway to make me feel like I was wrong as like most people do here cuz they can’t handle that people have opinions different than theirs.

4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Omg why are you praising the hell out of Max when it’s Bonnie McKee who wrote the song and you’re the one making a topic about wanting more songs like that so you are asking to bring back her. Have you even heard the demo?

You just went ape **** at people who don’t agree with you and looking st this discussion it’s clearly obvious how bias and immature you are. People have different opinions, stop being like trump and trying to get everything to agree to yoU. Max works with all the top artists and they are all on the top charts so how is Britney gonna have a unique sound if her song with Max sound like all the other artists? That’s being basic and yes, an album of MM could get her to the top but her team failed to market it well. You’re too fixated on your obsession with the song that you fail to see that if she goes with another Max Martin song that okay, she might get a hit but it’s not gonna impress anyone cuz it’s something they expect from her and it comes off lazy. You just want care about the sales. 

This is why we can’t have civilized discussions, people jump straight for the kill. Whatever, I do t have to keep bantering with you cuz you just gonna find someway to make me feel like I was wrong as like most people do here cuz they can’t handle that people have opinions different than theirs.

I'm praising the hell out of Max because he was the one who penned the melody and production, as well as the lyrics. Bonnie went in after and added some additional lines and recorded her demo under Max/Luke/Billboard's supervision, that's why lol. If it wasn't for Max, Luke, or Billboard, there would be no HIAM. Like really, Bonnie McKee? :drown: 

And yes, I don't take bashing of pop excellence lightly here, if you haven't already noticed. Bash any song you want but when someone talks down on BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic and HIAM to a certain extent (not saying you were), I get slightly offended because they were game changers for Britney and her legacy. :sobbing:

And to clarify your argument, Max has worked from a-listers to unknowns and like every music producer in the world, has had flops. 

Again, and I know I sound like a broken record and I'm really sorry to break it to you but Make Me wasn't anything stand-out, quite sub-par and didn't appeal to anyone outside of her gay fanbase, the same way songs like Radar, Pretty Girls and  Slumber Party were.

The simple answer is: people weren't here for it and it had no marketing value. It had nothing to do with her team. For f---- sake, the song was promoted and performed on the MTV Video Music Awards and hardly saw any gain, meanwhile HIAM jumped straight to #1 on Billboard in its second week and broke records with zero promotion before a music video release. The song was praised, there was a large sum of hype and most importantly - people were here for it and enjoyed it. 

Again, I never asked for Britney to work with Max Martin. She's been there, done that. Would it be nice? Sure.

Most importantly, I want Britney to experiment and release some pop classics again, who doesn't?

I don't get why you're trying to write me off as wanting Britney to go down a generic pop route when it's actually quite the opposite. You and I both want the same thing. It's just that you're the one bringing up sales so I obviously gave a rebuttal, but by the end of the day, what's most important is that I want a QUALITY, timeless pop song again along the lines of Ray Of Light, Frozen, and/or Toxic, but unfortunately, since 2011, Britney's ability to release timeless pop music has just gone downhill which is why I think so highly of HIAM because it really was Britney's last great pop song.

Yes, Glory was a step-up above Britney Jean but it's still lacking a lot of components that make it a bold, daring and experimental album that can spawn appeal for years to come, and appeal = hits.  

• Super Mods
34 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

I'm praising the hell out of Max because he was the one who penned the melody and production, as well as the lyrics. Bonnie went in after and added some additional lines and recorded her demo under Max/Luke/Billboard's supervision, that's why lol. If it wasn't for Max, Luke, or Billboard, there would be no HIAM. Like really, Bonnie McKee? :drown: 

And yes, I don't take bashing of pop excellence lightly here, if you haven't already noticed. Bash any song you want but when someone talks down on BOMT, Oops, Slave, Toxic and HIAM to a certain extent (not saying you were), I get slightly offended because they were game changers for Britney and her legacy. :sobbing:

And to clarify your argument, Max has worked from a-listers to unknowns and like every music producer in the world, has had flops. 

Again, and I know I sound like a broken record and I'm really sorry to break it to you but Make Me wasn't anything stand-out, quite sub-par and didn't appeal to anyone outside of her gay fanbase, the same way songs like Radar, Pretty Girls and  Slumber Party were.

The simple answer is: people weren't here for it and it had no marketing value. It had nothing to do with her team. For f---- sake, the song was promoted and performed on the MTV Video Music Awards and hardly saw any gain, meanwhile HIAM jumped straight to #1 on Billboard in its second week and broke records with zero promotion before a music video release. The song was praised, there was a large sum of hype and most importantly - people were here for it and enjoyed it. 

Again, I never asked for Britney to work with Max Martin. She's been there, done that. Would it be nice? Sure.

Most importantly, I want Britney to experiment and release some pop classics again, who doesn't?

I don't get why you're trying to write me off as wanting Britney to go down a generic pop route when it's actually quite the opposite. You and I both want the same thing. It's just that you're the one bringing up sales so I obviously gave a rebuttal, but by the end of the day, what's most important is that I want a QUALITY, timeless pop song again along the lines of Ray Of Light, Frozen, and/or Toxic, but unfortunately, since 2011, Britney's ability to release timeless pop music has just gone downhill which is why I think so highly of HIAM because it really was Britney's last great pop song.

Yes, Glory was a step-up above Britney Jean but it's still lacking a lot of components that make it a bold, daring and experimental album that can spawn appeal for years to come, and appeal = hits.  

Wow, go back to your old posts. You started it, you are the one that brought up sales, I only stated my opinion and even now you are bringing up stats and sales. Like all I did was just state an opinion that didn’t sit well with you and it’s exhausting for me to have to keep explaining myself, it’s like I’m being suffocated to agree with you and that’s when you would back down. I really didn’t want to fight and this is why I hate being on here lately, everyone is acting like Trump (yes I went there because it is what is) I respect that people have different opinions and I like to discuss  and hear them out on what they think but I expect the same in return but NO here everyone is on their period. Call me a pretentious intellectual but isn’t this what a forum is supposed to be for? 

12 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Y’all smelll summ? :heresthetea:

The delusion jumped out:heresthetea:

I don’t see why tho. Well, I guess everyone has a different musical taste, but imo Glory is better- not only musically but also vocally- than Femme Fatale, actually one of her best albums. You can disagree but Glory is her fourth best album for me, it stands behind ITZ, Britney and Blackout ONLY.

9 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

You say Make Me did not appeal to anyone outside her fanbase but she performed it on the VMA and seen a big increase 

Make it make sense 

Archived