Will she ever release a song as good as ‘Hold It Against Me’ again?

DignifiedLove

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Wow, go back to your old posts. You started it, you are the one that brought up sales, I only stated my opinion and even now you are bringing up stats and sales. Like all I did was just state an opinion that didn’t sit well with you and it’s exhausting for me to have to keep explaining myself, it’s like I’m being suffocated to agree with you and that’s when you would back down. I really didn’t want to fight and this is why I hate being on here lately, everyone is acting like Trump (yes I went there because it is what is) I respect that people have different opinions and I like to discuss  and hear them out on what they think but I expect the same in return but NO here everyone is on their period. Call me a pretentious intellectual but isn’t this what a forum is supposed to be for? 

Yes, I spoke about sales in one or two lines because sales correlate to appeal. The whole point of my argument is that HIAM did well because it's a good pop song. The same way BOMT, Oops, and so man other pop classics did. Take out those lines and my point still stands.

You once stated that Make Me didn't do as well because her team 'failed to market' when Make Me was actually promoted just as much, if not more, than HIAM. She had the VIDEO. MUSIC. AWARDS., iHeartRadio, Apple Music Festival, Jingle Bash, Vegas. She went overseas to promote and did some short interviews here and there so it's really unfair for you to say that Britney's team failed to market. Glory flopped because it lacked the simplest form of a theme and visuals (other than ***). Even Femme Fatale, being that messy of an era as well, had more of a theme. I've said this before but the general public just wasn't here for a woman in her 30's lip-syncing her heart out to ****** with some c-list rapper during the midst of a shifting age in politics. That's the unfiltered reality of it all. 

To end this, all I got to say is that I'm here in this thread giving a rebuttal to anyone who has an opinion that doesn't sit well. Sure, bash this or that but when people have the nerve to call Max's work with Katy as 'basic' or that Glory 'failed to market' or that 'What You Need' is better than HIAM or that 'Make Me went to #1 on iTunes' and so forth it's like come on...yes that's your point of view but why don't you hear out my point of view as well? It's like people out here really want to get offended when I reply to a delusion, opinion or blindsided claim, then call me out on it when I do? And to clarify, Make Me isn't that bad of a song. It's just not as strong as HIAM and the statistics/reviews are there to back it up. 

And if you think people here are acting like 'Tr*ump', it's a good thing you weren't around during the early days of Exhale. In fact, this forum is much more tamed than I remember, including myself. Have a good one. 

12 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

I don’t see why tho. Well, I guess everyone has a different musical taste, but imo Glory is better- not only musically but also vocally- than Femme Fatale, actually one of her best albums. You can disagree but Glory is her fourth best album for me, it stands behind ITZ, Britney and Blackout ONLY.

Glory: better vocals and musically more diverse

The stand-out tracks are Make Me, Love Me Down, Change Your Mind, and Liar

Femme Fatale: more memorable in the grand scheme of things and catchier melodies/pop productions

The stand-out tracks are HIAM, TTWE, Inside Out, Up N Down, and He About To Lose Me

Each album has their strengths and weaknesses. 

For me -- FF, Britney Jean and Glory sit as some of her weakest albums. Overall, FF has the most replay value though.

2 hours ago, FatteFemaleStan said:

If you look at Exhale no one has a valid reason to hate HIAM or Godfatale other than the tour and her “dead eyes” :jj: They claim HIAM was to generic but then go and praise BOMT and OIDIA some of her MOST generic songs ever. Make it make sense !!!

Well, I can't speak for everyone but I personally do like FF as an album. It's a solid album full of bops and TTWE has been one of my favorite Britney song since it came out. 

I was just never big on HIAM. I feel like it just doesn't really go anywhere personally. I feel like it's one of those 'talking' songs, kind of like WB. I don't completely hate it, I'm more tough on it in here than I should be. I can jam occasionally. But I do feel like  it's a toss up between that and WB at weakest lead single. 

6 hours ago, FatteFemaleStan said:

You didn’t have to snap on the delusional 25 year old gays like that :airpls: they only hate HIAM cause she was ch*ncky :madonna:

It's always the same kind of people that tend to hate HIAM simply because it's the trendy thing these days, and they associate it with her weight and dead eyes.

When you put aside everything else but instead look at the redeeming qualities and factor of the song, they're left with no justified reason why they 'dislike' or 'hate' the song. I swear, this forum sometimes... madonna.gif

And watch, when Glory begins to age like milk after 4 years, they'll be saying the same thing. 'MaKe Me AgEd LiKe MiLk'. It's like no ****, sweetie. Pop songs age with time. Point blank, one wasn't risky and quite boring unlike the one released in 2011. :demi:

19 minutes ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Well, I can't speak for everyone but I personally do like FF as an album. It's a solid album full of bops and TTWE has been one of my favorite Britney song since it came out. 

I was just never big on HIAM. I feel like it just doesn't really go anywhere personally. I feel like it's one of those 'talking' songs, kind of like WB. I don't completely hate it, I'm more tough on it in here than I should be. I can jam occasionally. But I do feel like  it's a toss up between that and WB at weakest lead single. 

Make it make sense! Oh lawwwwwwwd. :orangu:

She's not even talking on the verses and the song actually builds up, climaxes and gives us a finale so wdym by it doesn't go anywhere? It's actually one of her few singles this decade that follows a solid song structure. :drown:

See, this is exactly why we can't trust those in society who bash HIAM @FatteFemaleStan. They spew out stuff that's not even true, beyond a personal opinion. :demi:

Your personal opinion bias is showing, sweets. giphy.gif

Just now, DignifiedLove said:

Make it make sense! Oh lawwwwwwwd. :orangu:

She's not even talking on the verses and the song actually builds up, climaxes and gives us a finale. It's actually one of her few singles this decade that follows a solid song structure. :drown:

See, this is exactly why we can't trust those in society who bash HIAM @FatteFemaleStan. They spew out stuff that's not even true, beyond a personal opinion. 

Your personal opinion bias is showing, sweets. giphy.gif

:ipass:

7 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

You say Make Me did not appeal to anyone outside her fanbase but she performed it on the VMA and seen a big increase 

Make it make sense 

Oh, so you want to talk about increase in spins of Make Me when Hold It Against Me set the record for most radio plays in its first day of release. Oh, but wait there's more! The song BROKE Mediabase's record for the largest spin-increase in a single week. In only its second week of release with absolutely ZERO promotion, the song didn't just shoot to #1 on iTunes (shocker, right?), but on the Billboard Hot 100 where it debuted at #1, making Spears the second artist in history to debut multiple songs at the top of the chart, behind Mariah Carey.

HIAM received positive reviews and was deemed a game-changer 'credited for trailblazing the dubstep wave in popular music' unlike the other one that had no lasting impact other than "MaKe Me WeNt To #1 On iTuNez."

She was trending on Twitter for weeks without any VMA performance while she was fishing in Kentwood, Louisiana and yet you constantly BRING UP SALES/INCREASE IN SPINS/iTUNES CHARTS??????? 

HIAM was THAT ***** whereas Make Me was a cute girl for a day or two.

Why don't YOU make it make sense?

tenor.gif?itemid=12206278

Oh well, at least you have ralphcarino and 2k16ney to cosign the most deluded person on this forum. :akii:

28 minutes ago, FatteFemaleStan said:

All the HIAM haters contradict themselves it’s quite funny :madonna:

I'm actually scared for them.. can't imagine how contradicting they must be irl.  Not one solid ground or argument made by them in the entire 5 pages. :drown:

oh well, they can seethe and continue listening to what you need, clumsy, tom's diner, now that I found you, just like me, soda pop, if i'm dancing, DYWCO (according to them) while we stay listening to a #1 POP MASTERPIECE. 

legendtinahpkcg.giflegendtinahpkcg.giflegendtinahpkcg.giflegendtinahpkcg.gif

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, DignifiedLove said:

Yes, I spoke about sales in one or two lines because sales correlate to appeal. The whole point of my argument is that HIAM did well because it's a good pop song. The same way BOMT, Oops, and so man other pop classics did. Take out those lines and my point still stands.

You once stated that Make Me didn't do as well because her team 'failed to market' when Make Me was actually promoted just as much, if not more, than HIAM. She had the VIDEO. MUSIC. AWARDS., iHeartRadio, Apple Music Festival, Jingle Bash, Vegas. She went overseas to promote and did some short interviews here and there so it's really unfair for you to say that Britney's team failed to market. Glory flopped because it lacked the simplest form of a theme and visuals (other than ***). Even Femme Fatale, being that messy of an era as well, had more of a theme. I've said this before but the general public just wasn't here for a woman in her 30's lip-syncing her heart out to ****** with some c-list rapper during the midst of a shifting age in politics. That's the unfiltered reality of it all. 

To end this, all I got to say is that I'm here in this thread giving a rebuttal to anyone who has an opinion that doesn't sit well. Sure, bash this or that but when people have the nerve to call Max's work with Katy as 'basic' or that Glory 'failed to market' or that 'What You Need' is better than HIAM or that 'Make Me went to #1 on iTunes' and so forth it's like come on...yes that's your point of view but why don't you hear out my point of view as well? It's like people out here really want to get offended when I reply to a delusion, opinion or blindsided claim, then call me out on it when I do? And to clarify, Make Me isn't that bad of a song. It's just not as strong as HIAM and the statistics/reviews are there to back it up. 

And if you think people here are acting like 'Tr*ump', it's a good thing you weren't around during the early days of Exhale. In fact, this forum is much more tamed than I remember, including myself. Have a good one. 

I’m gonna have to say we agree to disagree but before you write me off as a newbie, look at my profile. I am just as old as you here on the forum. So I know. You do you because reading your other comments, you’re always gonna stick to your opinion and that’s fine but we would keep going back and forth explaining ourselves when we both know where the other stands. So if I don’t reply, that’s why.

• 1 year later...
On 12/2/2018 at 4:48 AM, AGUILEGEND IS A QUEEN said:

I'm actually scared for them.. can't imagine how contradicting they must be irl.  Not one solid ground or argument made by them in the entire 5 pages. :drown:

oh well, they can seethe and continue listening to what you need, clumsy, tom's diner, now that I found you, just like me, soda pop, if i'm dancing, DYWCO (according to them) while we stay listening to a #1 POP MASTERPIECE. 

legendtinahpkcg.giflegendtinahpkcg.giflegendtinahpkcg.giflegendtinahpkcg.gif

Omg you were such a flop mess in your Bionic era :tifflmao:

Your commercial decline is so bad, that even @EasyThere is coming close to outsell you :gloria:

Get your Womanizer thread and change yr career thats on a steep downfall lool :boredney:

Archived