Will she ever release a song as good as ‘Hold It Against Me’ again?

DignifiedLove

Her best song this decade, periodT and the most underrated, and quite frankly, greatest pop song of the decade. It was appealing to all different demographics and quite innovative for its time. The layering of the chorus and its rhythmic pattern straight up give me chills, even to this day.

Will she be able to ever top this masterpiece again? giphy.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Her best song this decade, period and the most underrated, and quite frankly, greatest pop song of the decade.

Will she be able to ever top this masterpiece again? giphy.gif

I know right? The song is very underrated... and the song actually is A POP MASTERPIECE, i’ll never forget the epic last chorus, and tbh i don’t think britney will release again something as great and unexpected as HIAM is...

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Tbh the song is okay, it’s pretty basic when you take away the dubstep sound and tbh I only really was floored by the breakdown. It just sounds like a Katy perry reject song. I still like it just not that much.

By ‘Katy Perry reject’, you mean a Max Martin/Dr. Luke certified banger, simultaneously giving us #1 chart-topping POP masterpieces left and right?  giphy.gif

The production of Hold It Against Me alone is clearly above average and the layering of the chorus has that beautiful rhythmic pattern to it that was seen in a lot of the timeless late 90’s/early 00’s pop song. The dubstep bit was just the icing on the cake. The song has been interpreted in so many ways from its subliminal messages to the lasting-effects it's had on dubstep-influenced pop. It stands out so well amongst her discography and I’m afraid she won’t come close to anything as good in a while!  giphy.gif

Btw her last #1 solo single, AND for a reasonT! giphy.gif

18 hours ago, Chaoscontrol said:

Underrated? Exhale swoons over this song though, I would say it's anything but underrated:nydisgust:

And we didn't just get 'as good', but we got better with Make Me:akii:

Underrated in the overall pop landscape sweetie, not on Exhale. Not sure where you got that from but I suggest reading and common sense as your friend, sis. You clearly need it since you prefer Make Me over an actual pop masterpiece that received such critical appraise. I’ll let you be the judge since your bias is clearly obvious here. Anyway..I’ll be praying that you and your ears gravitate to the light someday my lost one!  giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

It's good, but there are many songs way better than that this decade: Tom's Diner, Trip to Your Heart, Now That I Found You, Till the World Ends, Work *****, Scream & Shout, Do You Wanna Come Over?, I Wanna Go, Man on the Moon, If I'm Dancing, Liar, Better, etc...

LMFAOOO....... a cover song that was autotuned to death (literally!), a Femme Fatale filler, an unfinished Britney Jean song, some will.i.am songs that weren’t even sung, and some Selena Gomez Presents: Glory rejects that weren’t even considered as singles???

we laughed! akii.gif

The only one that comes close to HIAM level is TTWE. Close but no cigar! And there’s a reason for it since A&R execs obviously know what’s lead single material and not. Get your head out the gutter and seek help before you spew some illogical bullshit! giphy.gif

2 hours ago, TylerTremallose said:

i mean it also sounds really pretty when slowed down

I prefer this one, if we’re going for pretty:

this arrangement completely changes the feel of the song, and somehow works! It becomes like this heartfelt, emotional ballad. Tell me this doesn’t bring out the feels? 

1 hour ago, DignifiedLove said:

Underrated in the overall pop landscape sweetie, not on Exhale. Not sure where you got that from but I suggest reading and common sense as your friend, sis. You clearly need it since you prefer Make Me over an actual pop masterpiece that received such critical appraise. I’ll let you be the judge since your bias is clearly obvious here. Anyway..I’ll be praying that you and your ears see the light someday my lost one!  giphy.gif

That sass! :jfallonlol:

Archived