Will she ever release a song as good as ‘Hold It Against Me’ again?

DignifiedLove

4 hours ago, FatteFemaleStan said:

The ending chorus is euphoric :airpls: it’s such a well crafted song I’m surprised Exhale hates it but yet again they only like Britney’s music 1998-2007 :demi:

well....many members on here can’t distinguish quality as we can tell in some of the biased responses but to be fair, Britney’s music from 1998-2007 is of higher quality, overall. HIAM is just one of the handful of tracks post-2007 that really stands out amongst the rest. :demi:

The fact that people have the nerve to place some Glory fillers above an actual masterpiece like HIAM is beyond me. Many seem to prefer those Glory fillers because they’re more current but in reality, HIAM remains the triumphant song and any non-deluded person will tell you thaT. They think because she experimented with some 2015 Bieber/Selena Gomez-inspired instrumentals that it’s suddenly bold and daring. mess.giphy.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah but that’s just production, the song itself was written by Bonnie McKee (sure Max might’ve Gave input but she is still the lead writer) and she did said she got the inspiration to write the song because of Katy. So all I’m saying is if you want a hit, why does it have to be penned by Bonnie? Bonnie is just another writer on the Max Martin roster. You can put any songwriter plus Max Martin and it would be a hit. There’s no thinking and there’s no worry it won’t be a hit, that’s lazy and that’s why I’m not all for bringing Max Martin back. It’s good short term wise but not in the long term. She needs to take risk and be bold, that’s gonna get people’s attention cuz if she keeps working with Max, she’ll just end up like Katy Perry, all the hits but people don’t care or pay attention to her. She’s not named basic Perry for a reason.

Um......Excuse me child? are you f**king aware that Max Martin has penned not only some of her most memorable, but best pop songs to date? Without him, we wouldn’t even have had the Britney we know today and he played a MASSIVE influence/role in Britney’s work of 1998-2001.

Not every Max Martin song is a guaranteed hit so your logic already failed to get across. But based on your assumption, you think Max Martin songs like BOMT, Crazy, Oops, Stronger are all lazy and short-term (whatever that’s supposed to mean).....sweetie, those are pop classics that are forever ingrained in popular culture....and that’s what pop music is. It represents a moment in time of popular culture.....she is a POP singer who followed the standard (and failed to evolve after 2008)......what’s not clicking?

Also, I and many others never asked for Britney to work with MM again, or Bonnie Whew for that matter, since she’s been there, done that.  We get it. The point is, she still has it in her to have a guaranteed hit (with or without Max), but only if the song is appealing to more than one demographic. I’m afraid if she releases another album full of Make Me’s that we won’t get a hit because, for one, there was no appeal. To top it off, it wasn’t risky, nor bold. 

And y’all have the nerve to come for Katy by calling her basic as if Britney hasn’t been basic herself this decade and clings on to, yes... surprise, her MAX MARTIN hits for their nostalgic value and pop excellence. 

4 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Um......Excuse me child? are you f**king aware that Max Martin has penned not only some of her most memorable, but best pop songs to date? Without him, we wouldn’t even have had the Britney we know today and he played a MASSIVE influence/role in Britney’s work of 1998-2001.

Not every Max Martin song is a guaranteed hit so your logic already failed to get across. But based on your assumption, you think Max Martin songs like BOMT, Crazy, Oops, Stronger are all lazy and short-term (whatever that’s supposed to mean).....sweetie, those are pop classics that are forever ingrained in popular culture....and that’s what pop music is. It represents a moment in time of popular culture.....she is a POP singer who followed the standard (and failed to evolve after 2008)......what’s not clicking?

Also, I and many others never asked for Britney to work with MM again, or Bonnie Whew for that matter, since she’s been there, done that.  We get it. The point is, she still has it in her to have a guaranteed hit (with or without Max), but only if the song is appealing to more than one demographic. I’m afraid if she releases another album full of Make Me’s that we won’t get a hit because, for one, there was no appeal. To top it off, it wasn’t risky, nor bold. 

And y’all have the nerve to come for Katy by calling her basic as if Britney hasn’t been basic herself this decade and clings on to, yes... surprise, her MAX MARTIN hits for their nostalgic value and pop excellence. 

I want fun music and Max makes fun music. I love his bops.

Lately on here ppl think Britney is Adele...

7 minutes ago, Jho said:

You couldn’t be more biased if you tried

Hun.....You have the nerve to tell me the Glory fillers like What You Need, Just Like Me, Clumsy, as well as Mood Ring which wasn’t even finished are better than HIAM? And this is being completely rational to the rest of the Glory album. Whew, I have literally heard it all. :akii:

Waiter, an order of taste for Jho.  Thank u. :akii:

3 minutes ago, DignifiedLove said:

Hun.....You have the nerve to tell me the Glory fillers like What You Need, Just Like Me, Clumsy, as well as Mood Ring which wasn’t even finished are better than HIAM? And this is being completely rational to the rest of the Glory album. Whew, I have literally heard it all. :akii:

Waiter, an order of taste for Jho.  Thank u. :akii:

I didn’t even mention any songs but in my opinion yes they’re better. Learn to accept other’s opinions :jj:

6 minutes ago, Jho said:

I didn’t even mention any songs but in my opinion yes they’re better. Learn to accept other’s opinions :jj:

You quoted my response to a post that had those songs listed, sweetie. And okay, slay us with that overtly unpopular and biased opinion. The critics and the majority of this forum and her stanbase remain unbothered by your obvious delusions!

1skccz.gif

15 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

we had to, at your comment :walkonby:

I spoke nothing but facts. Make a public poll and we’ll see who has the last laugh. Then again, exhale has become quite the deluded forum so I wouldn’t be surprised that you think an ITZ meets Selena Gomez reject featuring Pigrez Hilton in the chorus is superior.  giphy.gif

But that’s right, a bunch of Biebs and Gomez-inspired instrumentals with some vocals on top are deemed as experimental and daring, I totally forgot! I guess it’s no wonder Britney has flopped musically since 2013. Her fanbase has such low standards and want her to keep releasing the same *** songs, how sad. giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

fixed, don't need to read anymore

Wow...and now they refuse to read, but instead, spew their words in my context! Don’t mind posting again since some of you remain so blind-sided.

Make a public poll and we’ll see who has the last laugh. Then again, exhale has become quite the deluded forum so I wouldn’t be surprised that you think an ITZ meets Selena Gomez reject featuring Pigrez Hilton in the chorus is superior.  giphy.gif

But that’s right, a bunch of Biebs and Gomez-inspired instrumentals with some vocals on top are deemed as experimental and daring, I totally forgot! I guess it’s no wonder Britney has flopped musically since 2013. Her fanbase has such low standards and want her to keep releasing the same *** songs, how sad. giphy.gif

Oop:akii:

1 minute ago, DignifiedLove said:

Wow...and now they cannot read and are spewing their words in my context! Don’t mind posting what was apparently left unread, so here it goes...

Make a public poll and we’ll see who has the last laugh. Then again, exhale has become quite the deluded forum so I wouldn’t be surprised that you think an ITZ meets Selena Gomez reject featuring Pigrez Hilton in the chorus is superior.  giphy.gif

But that’s right, a bunch of Biebs and Gomez-inspired instrumentals with some vocals on top are deemed as experimental and daring, I totally forgot! I guess it’s no wonder Britney has flopped musically since 2013. Her fanbase has such low standards and want her to keep releasing the same *** songs, how sad. giphy.gif

i didn't read it for a reason, it's your opinion, not facts

if you are the kind of person who doesn't like people who have a different opinion then I can't help

Archived