Music Video Secrets - The Thread

Nando.

3 hours ago, Nando. said:

Max Martin expected this part of the video to be on a train station. When he did the song he put the "all on board" guy screaming because it was supposed to be Britney leaving on a train and the guy coming for her, but they ended up choosing to put her on mars and the rest is history

Both of these facts were confirmed by Max Martin on an interview for music week this year

Makes sense. Didn't see the video for a year and always imagined Britney to be on a railway station.

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, femmefataledoll said:

Yup that's it! Thank you :) 

I still can't believe i NEVER saw it. 

The pregnancy idea was a terrible thing. I mean, Jive would have been happy with some scandal, but it's just stupid, below Britney.

I hope we will see some of the B-Roll someday, or maybe the alternative cuts of the video.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, Khoazie said:

The BTI music video ends with “to be continued” across the screen. To waste a fierce single such as BTI with an animated video was bad enough, seeing “TBC” at the end was like salt on a wound for me, because it opened up the possibility of another animated video! 

But yeah, thank god they never did a follow-up.

I thought the Kill the Lights video was the sequel to that video.

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, Nando. said:

Some curiosities on Oops song/video that weren't pointed out yet

Leonardo diCaprio agreed to do the line on the bridge talking about the titanic necklace but because of movie copyright issues he couldnt be on it

Max Martin expected this part of the video to be on a train station. When he did the song he put the "all on board" guy screaming because it was supposed to be Britney leaving on a train and the guy coming for her, but they ended up choosing to put her on mars and the rest is history

Both of these facts were confirmed by Max Martin on an interview for music week this year

Nigel **** recalled when he got a call from Britney about the video. She wanted the video to be her on mars and she wears a catsuit dancing. When he told her that it doesn’t make sense with the song ( I think he was probably referring to that) she told him that she trust to that he’ll figure it out and hang up. ( you can find this in Nigel ****’s blog)

Wow it sucks that Leo couldn’t do it, it probably would have sold EVEN more since titanic was huge.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
  • Super Mods
2 hours ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

The blue screen is my fave.

I'm still trying to figure out why it was on both sides @Nando. do they usually have multiple cameras in shots?

tumblr_pib8wed0OS1r3aynw_540.png

tumblr_pib8wdAGBs1r3aynw_1280.png

I’m not trying to say this is what they did or try to be a mr know it all but I done some music videos for local artists and we had rented a space for a few hours to do a metal music video for a band so for me I was concerned I wasn’t gonna get enough angles so everybody that had a dslr with a movie capability, I had them all shoot each member while I had a wide master shot. It was like a paparazzi thing but you know what, we got all the shots and had extra time to shoot more angles (I didn’t disclose this to the band until later because those guys were beat by the end) So I’m guessing they probably did have multiple cameras. Either that or they really try to skimp on set dressig cuz one thing I learned from working on film is that it really is like not what it seems. Things get bought for the film that will intentionally be returned back. Actors and actresses tucking in the tags because it will be returned. Sets are paper thin so don’t lean on things no matter how tired you are. There’s only a small group of extras that will later be duplicated in the crowd to look like a big crowd. Okay sorry for the long post. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

My stan card remains untouched, I knew them all details :bsass:

Im not sure if this was actually a fact or just a rumor but I remember reading back then that Nigel **** (bomt, crazy, sometimes and Oops director) refused to work with her because he (allegedly) didn't want to work with newbies in the music industry. Little did he know (whether this rumor was true or not) his works with her will eventually become not only iconic but also remarkable in both Britney's and himself entire career. :yaknow:

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Isla. said:

Is it true the INAGNYAW video was filmed when Britney was filming Crossroads (so before even I'm a Slave 4 U was released)? I feel like I read that somewhere. And is it true that she was brunette during the flight attendant scenes in the Toxic video?

It’s true. You can watch the NAGNYAW MTV Making The Video on YouTube. It was filmed in June/July, whereas Slave was filmed in September. Wasn’t at the same time as Crossroads, but they did use a lot of the same places.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

she told him that she trust to that he’ll figure it out and hang up. ( you can find this in Nigel ****’s blog)

What queen wants, queen gets. Next :begone:

-BOMT Video was filmed at the same school as the movie Grease 

-IAS4U Video has DJ Skribbles as the deejay 

-ILRAR Video, in the beginning close-up shots you can see a phone number with “Ben” written on her hand in marker:

I-Love-Rock-n-Roll-britney-spears-434710

?? I vaguely remember a rumor that it was referring to Ben Affleck.  Also, this video has deleted scenes of Britney licking what appears to be blood that’s leaking from the speakers. 

-in the Boys Video, there’s a cameo from Jason Priestley, from the original 90210 series in the 90s:

b362f5f2890e44137071a29425d7eb0a.jpg

article-0-1D817F1500000578-507_306x572.j