Music Video Secrets - The Thread

Nando.

3 hours ago, Khoazie said:

This thread is fun!

ok, I’ve seen a gif of Britney in her Oops video where she has a cameltoe wearing her latex catsuit. I’m not sure if that’s real, but I have seen pictures before of said cameltoe. In all the years of watching that video, I still can’t spot the scene with it. Maybe one of these sharp sets of eyes on exhale can help clarify?

Yeah! Lets find that legendary cameltoe! 

3 minutes ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

I read someone it was an official competition by her team where a fan gets to create a music video

Oh I vaguely remember that! That’s weird tho lol

Just now, DarkLord said:

Maybe they edited it in the final cut. 

Speaking of OIDIA, if you look at 1:39 towards the bottom right corner, one of the light bulbs is dead. TRL pointed it out once and I remember being annoyed by that for a while in high school lol

1 minute ago, britney_rocks said:

I thought this was the real pic

catsuit-britney-spears.jpg

I think that’s edited. For some reason I vaguely recall seeing the cameltoe pic in one of those special Britney magazines,  but I’m not sure.

• Super Mods

Apparently they shot the school girl dance scenes with Britney having her shirt tucked in but midway when they were going to do a different set up, Britney asked the director if she can tie up her shirt because it kept untucking and getting in the way of her dancing. Nigel **** had already shot her with her shirt tucked for most of the footage. Even though he can get away with using the close ups, he was afraid it would mess with continuity when he edits to a wider shot (which he had shot) so while Britney and the wardrobe did their thing ( the dancers also tied their shirts to match Britney) he asked his camera guy to redo the wide shot (master) and also he wanted to throw in an artistic shot so the lighting people rigged the light to be more mobile and the camera guy handheld the camera because the angle Nigel wanted was too low. Nigel said he didn’t think he would use use it but just in case. But guess what he did, so when you see that low angle shot that seemed a little bit off. That was the story behind it. 

The shot with Britney alone in the school girl outfit is tucked in as originally untended.

Who would have thought such a simple small detail would make such an impact.

Also he said that the Britney was a trooper, she nailed every take with her all and didn’t even complain. I miss this Britney 

• Love 1
  • Like 5
24 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Speaking of OIDIA, if you look at 1:39 towards the bottom right corner, one of the light bulbs is dead. TRL pointed it out once and I remember being annoyed by that for a while in high school lol

Hehehe me too, I remember being annoyed by that too. The old days... :mhm:

• Super Mods
10 hours ago, Khoazie said:

-In BOMT, the gym hottie that Britney pines for is actually her cousin in real life 

-the director of FTBOMBH had previously made adult films/****, so when the video came out people were up in arms about Britney choosing to work with him. One of those moments early on in her career that made the people nervous because they wanted to be reassured that Britney was wholesome and therefore a good role model

That reminded me of an interview I read about the BTMYH director talking about how Jive didn’t really want him to direct it and wanted a bigger name but Britney insisted on him and told him she doesn’t care what they say. She really is sooo sweet. No wonder so many people in the industry respects her.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, monkeystar88 said:

Make Me has an unreleased video directed by David Lachapelle that few have seen but is complete and allegedly on the internet somewhere. Perez has seen it and theres low grade clips online. There's also a clip of her and LaChapelle fighting on set online. 

Work ***** had some "****" scenes cut out because the were too ****.

Britney was supposed to be an assassin that sacrifices herself for her lover in Perfume.

Gimme More was supposed to include a storyline where Brunette Britney kills blonde Britney and attends her funeral. Gimme More's director Jake Saferty was handpicked by Britney but she refused to perform the storyline.

Britney showed up over 12 hrs late to the Piece of Me video shoot and she choreod the dance scene.

Britney started learning choreo for what was gonna be Blackouts 3rd single HOT AS ICE but was scrapped.

Britney's original concept for Radar(during the Blackout era) was her and her friends staking a guy in London. 

Britney iconically came up with the Baby One More Time vid and all the costumes came from KMART. 

In Everytime Britney is supposed to commit suicide but the story line was removed after criticism(woulda been even more iconic)

When Your Eyes Say It allegedly has a music video.

Born To Make You Happy Britney is supposed to be pregnant but it was removed. 

Fe already debunked the myth of the When your eyes say it MV. She said there's no such thing

4 hours ago, Khoazie said:

The BTI music video ends with “to be continued” across the screen. To waste a fierce single such as BTI with an animated video was bad enough, seeing “TBC” at the end was like salt on a wound for me, because it opened up the possibility of another animated video! 

But yeah, thank god they never did a follow-up.

no yet :jj:

• Like 1

People without providing receipts. I need all the tea:lessons:

Britney does the POM breakdown with her hair both down and up. 2:25

The milk licking from Slumber Party is not the first time Britney did that in a video. Queen of licking has done it already.

They have photoshoppped britney's waist a lot of times. Gimme more, pretty girls and what not. Example 0:43(If you can spot it)

Britney used a body double in TTWE.

There are four versions of Gimme more. First three are only little different from each other.

The iconic Toxic music is sampled from a Bollywood song. The rarer times, when a song is a sample of another and not a copy.

• Like 9