Music Video Secrets - The Thread

Nando.

• Super Mods
6 hours ago, Million Billion said:

My stan card remains untouched, I knew them all details :bsass:

Im not sure if this was actually a fact or just a rumor but I remember reading back then that Nigel **** (bomt, crazy, sometimes and Oops director) refused to work with her because he (allegedly) didn't want to work with newbies in the music industry. Little did he know (whether this rumor was true or not) his works with her will eventually become not only iconic but also remarkable in both Britney's and himself entire career. :yaknow:

This is what he said about it:

****, who had directed such clips as Tears for Fears’ “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” and “Head over Heels”; Guns N’ Roses’ “Sweet Child of Mine” and “Paradise City”; and Oasis’ “Wonderwall,” was an MTV fixture renowned for his work with rock bands before crossing paths with Spears. His colleagues even advised him to pass on directing a clip from the new pop ingenue, fearful it could damage his reputation. “Their advice was work with established artists, and without being pompous about it, I just tried to always be open,” he says. “If I like the music and I'm going to get paid for doing it, I'll do it. I've done so many things where people have said, ‘You shouldn't do it,’ or the artist was unknown or difficult or whatever, and it turned out to be very important to my career.”

I remember he also had a blog where he talked about that too and said that his peers were judging him or telling not to do it saying “why are you going to do a video for a nobody.” Damn were they HELLA wrong.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
  • Super Mods
49 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

What queen wants, queen gets. Next :begone:

Lol I love that. I guess she could pull off that attitude since by that time she was really huge but I just love her response so much :makeitrain:

its what you expect a diva would say “ I want to be on mars with some dancing so make it work.” That’s why she’s a living legend. Fierce Queen. :tongueney:

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

-BOMT Video was filmed at the same school as the movie Grease 

-IAS4U Video has DJ Skribbles as the deejay 

-ILRAR Video, in the beginning close-up shots you can see a phone number with “Ben” written on her hand in marker:

I-Love-Rock-n-Roll-britney-spears-434710

?? I vaguely remember a rumor that it was referring to Ben Affleck.  Also, this video has deleted scenes of Britney licking what appears to be blood that’s leaking from the speakers. 

-in the Boys Video, there’s a cameo from Jason Priestley, from the original 90210 series in the 90s:

b362f5f2890e44137071a29425d7eb0a.jpg

article-0-1D817F1500000578-507_306x572.j

Ben totally refers to Ben in Crossroads though. Britney’s love interest in the movie, in which she sings I Love Rock N’ Roll at the karaoke bar you know.

• Like 7
8 hours ago, Trottellumme said:

-when she makes her love interest breakfast and he checks his prominently placed phone, its calendar says 'product placement meeting'. 

Also, the date on the phone says 4/20 

15 hours ago, Isla. said:

Is it true the INAGNYAW video was filmed when Britney was filming Crossroads (so before even I'm a Slave 4 U was released)? I feel like I read that somewhere. And is it true that she was brunette during the flight attendant scenes in the Toxic video?

Yes,she was brunette and with very short hair.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Khoazie said:

-BOMT Video was filmed at the same school as the movie Grease 

-IAS4U Video has DJ Skribbles as the deejay 

-ILRAR Video, in the beginning close-up shots you can see a phone number with “Ben” written on her hand in marker:

I-Love-Rock-n-Roll-britney-spears-434710

?? I vaguely remember a rumor that it was referring to Ben Affleck.  Also, this video has deleted scenes of Britney licking what appears to be blood that’s leaking from the speakers. 

-in the Boys Video, there’s a cameo from Jason Priestley, from the original 90210 series in the 90s:

b362f5f2890e44137071a29425d7eb0a.jpg

article-0-1D817F1500000578-507_306x572.j

I think the "Ben" refers to the Ben character from Crossroads

• Like 3
6 hours ago, ubritney said:

Ben totally refers to Ben in Crossroads though. Britney’s love interest in the movie, in which she sings I Love Rock N’ Roll at the karaoke bar you know.

Yes,She refers to the character in her movie.Remember when the press and the society were invented that Ben Affleck bet in a poker game a ****** relationship with Britney at the beginning of her career.The name of her hand made the rumors revive but it was a lie.I also believe that the press and public relations of the time wanted that relationship from the beginning.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Not a secret, but i always thought Paris Hilton was in the Piece of Me video. 

Also the deleted scenes from I Love Rock N Roll, she crawls on the ground and licks grease or oil or something off the floor. That seems heavily inspired by Madonnas Express Yourself video. 

Omg it would’ve been so fitting with Paris Hilton 

1 hour ago, Dark.Knight said:

leaked footage of the original BOMT video

giphy.gif

I'm so glad this never happened. I can't believe they were stupid enough to think they could launch Britney with an ANIMATED music video. Thankfully Britney came and saved the day with the legendary high school concept. 

• Like 2