Music Video Secrets - The Thread

Nando.

5 hours ago, Oxic said:

There are some mistakes on Womanizer video, shame on you Joseph Khan :schoolingtime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMqayQ-U74s

1:26 The cellphone recording and britney doesn't match the moves 

1:35 the guy from toxic appears twice 

2:45 the car is not moving :orangu: look at the speedometer

3:20 one of the britney's touchs his ***** 

3:33 guess she wasn't totally naked, you can see her panties

I never noticed the ***** touching :omgreallyney:

On 11/25/2018 at 8:06 PM, Nando. said:

They are, there are cables near them. People said on the thread that it was an effect, but obviously they arent since they pop up for literally one frame each. And they are small and stupid lol. Dont know why people kept defending that because they dont want to trash the video.

There is no physical way that someone could have pushed a video screen into one frame and then remove it the next - there are multiple frames per second so no human is fast enough. If you want to believe there are somehow BLUE screens filming something with no blue in it then go off baby :umok:

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Bondi111 said:

There is no physical way that someone could have pushed a video screen into one frame and then remove it the next - there are multiple frames per second so no human is fast enough. If you want to believe there are somehow BLUE screens filming something with no blue in it then go off baby :umok:

There are three cameras following her, two from each side and the main one. The cameras are going forward separately following britney and the dancers, so they have three different speeds and one can indeed catch the other by a milisecond if you dont frame/crop it correctly.

lots of love,

a video producer/editor

(either way, whatever they may be, i still got dragged on that thread just for stating he should have known better. As a director he shouldnt have things flying on screen, from a totally different color pallette, with no reason whatsoever)

22 hours ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

I thought that too, but @Nando. thinks they're screens, otherwise the effect would be more ObViOuS

Omg. You can literally see the boarder of the screen around the blue color. Besides, if thats is an effect than the cables are what? An effect of vintage movie too?

and the screens are blue because they are  screens you attatch to certain cameras to see what you are recording without having to load the footage afterwards, but you can use this or not. Some cameras come with it. Just like a professional photographer attatches the camera do a compunter to see the results on a screen after taking the picture.

still schocked some of you think two little blue rectangles "mean" vintage effect. What vintage effect uses blue? There's nothing that makes this an effect, yall are lying to yourselves. Just accept this is a mistake from them and move on lol

and sorry for english not being my first language so its harder to put things into words but i think the message came accross

2 hours ago, Nando. said:

Omg. You can literally see the boarder of the screen around the blue color. Besides, if thats is an effect than the cables are what? An effect of vintage movie too?

and the screens are blue because they are  screens you attatch to certain cameras to see what you are recording without having to load the footage afterwards, but you can use this or not. Some cameras come with it. Just like a professional photographer attatches the camera do a compunter to see the results on a screen after taking the picture.

still schocked some of you think two little blue rectangles "mean" vintage effect. What vintage effect uses blue? There's nothing that makes this an effect, yall are lying to yourselves. Just accept this is a mistake from them and move on lol

and sorry for english not being my first language so its harder to put things into words but i think the message came accross

Nando, I understand what you're saying. 

Look at the whole segment, there's little "scratch" effects that pop in and out during those frames. I even slowed down the video for you to see what I see.

If it was the camera screen, you would have seen it move with the camera, but it does not. Instead, it suddenly Pops up. Now unless they failed to edit these frames, I doubt that is the case. However, given that this segment had some dust and scratch effects, i assume it's meant to be a broken down film effect, why blue? WHo knows, maybe it's just the way the effect is. 

19 minutes ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

Nando, I understand what you're saying. 

Look at the whole segment, there's little "scratch" effects that pop in and out during those frames. I even slowed down the video for you to see what I see.

If it was the camera screen, you would have seen it move with the camera, but it does not. Instead, it suddenly Pops up. Now unless they failed to edit these frames, I doubt that is the case. However, given that this segment had some dust and scratch effects, i assume it's meant to be a broken down film effect, why blue? WHo knows, maybe it's just the way the effect is. 

The cables also come in fast, the explanation for what you were saying is in the speed I talked about in my post. Right when it comes in there's a CUT, if it didnt cut to another take you would see those blue screens for a longer time. In the path the camera was doing the blue screens catched up and invaded the frame.

And i swear this sounds like im trying to win an argument but I am a video editor and I KNOW for a fact this is not an effect of any kind. If you look for film burns on google, you'll see video editors universally are always using the same blending effects on everything. Including old movie effects. There are tons available on youtube if you want to check outx There's no way in hell a blue little screen in one frame means an effect. This is just crazy to think about. Why during only that scene and frame, and why put it together with camera cables that arent even visible on a first look. We will never know for sure what it is, im just saying no one PUTS these on PURPOSE. There's no way. I didnt go to film college and learn that everything has a meaning for people to justify a music video error just because they dont want to trash that video. No.

3 minutes ago, Nando. said:

The cables also come in fast, the explanation for what you were saying is in the speed I talked about in my post. Right when it comes in there's a CUT, if it didnt cut to another take you would see that screen for a longer time. And i swear this sounds like im trying to win an argument but I am a video editor and I KNOW for a fact this is not an effect of any kind. If you look for film burns on google, you'll see video editors universally are always using the same blending effects on everything. There's no way in hell a blue little screen in one frame means an effect. This is just crazy to think about. Why during only that scene and frame, and why put it together with camera cables that arent even visible on a first look. We will never know for sure what it is, im just saying no one PUTS these on purpose. There's no way. I didnt go to film college and learn that everything has a meaning for people to justify a music video error just because they dont want to trash that video. No.

Did you look at my video :crying3: maybe we need to contact francis lawrence. I get it about the cut. Oh well. you see the camera cables come in slowly, but that screen randomly pops up? not even with the cables. hm. 

3 minutes ago, Delicious Pork Chops said:

Did you look at my video :crying3: maybe we need to contact francis lawrence. I get it about the cut. Oh well. you see the camera cables come in slowly, but that screen randomly pops up? not even with the cables. hm. 

i saw it! thank you for taking the time :gobaby:

idk, i think the speed of the camera from the sides are increasing so it was just a matter of time for it all to appear, maybe the attatched screen is to the side or something.

if you think about it, the rest of the video kind of justify this error, there are cables on the floor in a lot of the scenes and camera and lighting crew showing up randomly, like in the mirror, so... I like to think it wasnt a choice but an honest mistake.

another possibility is that they were trying to give this "behind the scenes" look to the video and they were going to show cameras and stuff and maybe the editor cut that out of the narrative.

maybe this particular angle comes from an mtv for the record behind the scenes camera. we dont know.

6 minutes ago, Nando. said:

i saw it! thank you for taking the time :gobaby:

idk, i think the speed of the camera from the sides are increasing so it was just a matter of time for it all to appear, maybe the attatched screen is to the side or something.

if you think about it, the rest of the video kind of justify this error, there are cables on the floor in a lot of the scenes and camera and lighting crew showing up randomly, like in the mirror, so... I like to think it wasnt a choice but an honest mistake.

another possibility is that they were trying to give this "behind the scenes" look to the video and they were going to show cameras and stuff and maybe the editor cut that out of the narrative.

maybe this particular angle comes from an mtv for the record behind the scenes camera. we dont know.

Whatever, omg ok!

Let's use our bodies to make our own videos and make some "behind the scenes" and "errors"

• 2 years later...
12 minutes ago, JackSProductions said:

Bringing back this thread because it’s fun, I never knew the one about BTMYH! Shame photos won’t load.

One to add, Britney was meant to matching red shoes in the Oops video but after one take she decided they weren’t comfy and she danced in the black platform sketchers she arrived to set in.

I wish she had worn the red shoes instead. :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: I think it would have looked way more sleeker than those ugly combat shoes she had on.