I am over the nostalgia

Cigarettes&Cologne

10 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

haha, nope, she'd be lucky to sell a million after all of what you mentioned.  She's an aging pop star and unless her image is reinvented I just don't see that happening.  Also, if she gets any more juvenile and tries to get kids/tweens as an audience, i'm probably going to be finished with her.  I've matured, she has too - she shouldn't be going backwards.  

Mature as in boring pretentious music  because there's nothing wrong with the music she does

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it’ll continue to get worse because that’s all she is now. She has no intriguing factor to sell without considering her nostalgic hits and memories. She still won’t sing live, her dancing is still all over the place, she barely even knows what to say about her own music lol it’s actually probably better this way to keep her a mystery and just sell up the hits because ppl will always remember how that old stuff made them feel as opposed to learning and seeing more and more how weird this new Britney is. 

The show can have a big GH aspect, but if britneynis going to continue as a recording artist she needs a direction and theme. She needs to reinvent herself a bit. It’ll never happen though so goodbye relevant Britney. Why would they invest in that when she doesn’t sell records? She makes 100 times more in Vegas 

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Folks dance and have *** at all ages

There's no correlation with your reply.

One thing is dancing and having ***, singing about dancing and *** for 20 years is another thing. You need to open your eyes. Her music is getting boring because she doesn't explore other things to talk about in her songs. But basically I'm talking to the wall with you because you're too delusional to understand. She needs to reinvent herself because this *** kitten image that she's been using during all her career will not last forever. That's why people's not checking her music anymore because she's not bringing anything interesting to the table. People got tired of her music talking about *** and dancing. Her streaming numbers show the decline, people only care about her memorable hits. IN BEFORE YOU REPLY WITH YOUR OVERUSED EXCUSE OF MAKE ME GOING #1 ON ITUNES.

28 minutes ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

There's no correlation with your reply.

One thing is dancing and having ***, singing about dancing and *** for 20 years is another thing. You need to open your eyes. Her music is getting boring because she doesn't explore other things to talk about in her songs. But basically I'm talking to the wall with you because you're too delusional to understand. She needs to reinvent herself because this *** kitten image that she's been using during all her career will not last forever. That's why people's not checking her music anymore because she's not bringing anything interesting to the table. People got tired of her music talking about *** and dancing. Her streaming numbers show the decline, people only care about her memorable hits. IN BEFORE YOU REPLY WITH YOUR OVERUSED EXCUSE OF MAKE ME GOING #1 ON ITUNES.

Her music never ever been boring 

Make Me going to #1 on iTunes and debuting at #17 on hot100  says otherwise

Glory debuting at # 3 on the album charts says otherwise to folks not caring about her current music

3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Her music never ever been boring 

Make Me going to #1 on iTunes and debuting at #17 on hot100  says otherwise

Glory debuting at # 3 on the album charts says otherwise to folks not caring about her current music

Debuting AND PEAKING at #17 on Hot 100 for a first single isn't something to brag about if she's a singer that everyone cares about. Two in a row flop eras says a lot about GP caring about her.

You're acting like all of the sales from Glory and Make Me were from non-Britney fans. She got those numbers because of her fans buying both the album and single. I doubt GP contributed to 20% of Glory and Make Me sales. Heck, GP didn't even know about Glory or Make Me and a lot of people here have said that.

People is tired of her just singing about dance and *** and that's a fact, Caprisun. And stop with your lame excuse about Make Me on iTunes because it's getting tired and cringeworthy.

And yes, her music WASN'T boring but it's getting boring. Maybe not production wise but lyrics wise it is boring. Britney singing about wanting to dance and have *** again?  *pretends to be shocked*

20 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

There’s more money to be had based on her GH legacy than new material.  New material from Britney Spears only gets attention fir a month and then disappears.  I know she doesn’t do rounds and rounds of appearances but even if she did, her prime years in music will always overshadow her new.  Unless she makes an amazing transformation as an artist which isn’t going to happen....but also, outside of her fans, nobody is going to take her seriously as some singer/songwriter artist - hell, a lot of her own fans won’t either.

How can they? She doesn’t sing live, barely performs anything memorable, and is content to live in her own shadow.  I’m bored of the nostalgia too, but Britney Spears is just a persona to Brit now, kinda like a disassociated mascot.  No investment in it after her team sucked the life out of her creativity.  She wanted Mannequin, Original Doll, Alien, etc.. but time and time again she was undermined by the machine.  I don’t fault her too much for just losing interest and playing dancing monkey for the schmucks who still buy her tickets.  I bet she could sit on stage for a whole hour and folks here would make up excuses and say how that was the best show ever and so endearing because they got to hear her CD being played on loud speakers.  Sometimes I worry about humanity when I read the level of delusion, but to each his/her own :4music:

7 hours ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

Debuting AND PEAKING at #17 on Hot 100 for a first single isn't something to brag about if she's a singer that everyone cares about. Two in a row flop eras says a lot about GP caring about her.

You're acting like all of the sales from Glory and Make Me were from non-Britney fans. She got those numbers because of her fans buying both the album and single. I doubt GP contributed to 20% of Glory and Make Me sales. Heck, GP didn't even know about Glory or Make Me and a lot of people here have said that.

People is tired of her just singing about dance and *** and that's a fact, Caprisun. And stop with your lame excuse about Make Me on iTunes because it's getting tired and cringeworthy.

And yes, her music WASN'T boring but it's getting boring. Maybe not production wise but lyrics wise it is boring. Britney singing about wanting to dance and have *** again?  *pretends to be shocked*

Make Me was going to go top 10 on hot100 had radio not given up  on the song. 

So it was only the fans that gave that song a huge jump on iTunes the night of the VMA, show watched by millions, after her performance.

Does not look like the public is tired

4 hours ago, Scrappy said:

How can they? She doesn’t sing live, barely performs anything memorable, and is content to live in her own shadow.  I’m bored of the nostalgia too, but Britney Spears is just a persona to Brit now, kinda like a disassociated mascot.  No investment in it after her team sucked the life out of her creativity.  She wanted Mannequin, Original Doll, Alien, etc.. but time and time again she was undermined by the machine.  I don’t fault her too much for just losing interest and playing dancing monkey for the schmucks who still buy her tickets.  I bet she could sit on stage for a whole hour and folks here would make up excuses and say how that was the best show ever and so endearing because they got to hear her CD being played on loud speakers.  Sometimes I worry about humanity when I read the level of delusion, but to each his/her own :4music:

If we're talking about Britney as a performer solely and not money, staying in the public eye...

She should have taken a real break to heal after Circus to re-establish herself as a performer. 

Despite all the media 'destruction of her confidence', if she had taken a real break after Circus she would have re-established herself as a performer.  She still had that tremendous it quality during Circus; what she needed was an extended break to fully come back.   

It wouldn't have mattered if new acts came out if she had re-established herself as a performer; the demand would have been there because she already represented an era.  She still had an enormous base before 2011.  Instead the drugged her up even more to perform.  There was no way up from this.

That never happened and the results today are what they are.

If youre just realizing this then youre late to the party. Britney as of now is semi-retired. Personally, I don't mind, all I want from her at this point is better performances, productions, and to at least sing live for 30-40% of a show. However, I doubt that will happen. 

10 minutes ago, Hannah said:

If youre just realizing this then youre late to the party. Britney as of now is semi-retired. Personally, I don't mind, all I want from her at this point is better performances, productions, and to at least sing live for 30-40% of a show. However, I doubt that will happen. 

I've often wondered if THAT is why the original Make Me video was yanked -- because it was TOO GOOD and she wasn't ready to come out of semi-retirement to support it. So they canned it before it absolutely blew up, and replaced it with the mediocre video that we got. 

Delusional? Probably. But I still can't wrap my head around the way her Team mishandled the promotion of Glory. :wontcry:

13 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I’m cool with her milking the nostalgia as long as they’re releasing quality products and material. I’m a big collector myself and never pass up a cool new Britney thing. Really excited about the BOMT cassette. I actually have a Vinyl/Cassette player. 

Oooh I’d love to see your collection. As much of a stan as I am, I never got into memorabilia and merchandise. I have a few things here and there like old magazines, and stuff like that. But it’s always cool to see the fans who avidly collect. 

Archived