I am over the nostalgia

Cigarettes&Cologne

every time there's news, content, merch, remixes it's all re-hashed britney stuff... cassettes from target, britney's own merch, megamixes of her greatest hits, articles and interviews from her prime... it's like she's dead and there's just tributes to her! :airpls: 

i am tired of the nostalgic value, and that is why i ain't buying tickets to DOMney unless i see that it's going to be fresher than just shoving my teenage memories down my throat

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There’s more money to be had based on her GH legacy than new material.  New material from Britney Spears only gets attention fir a month and then disappears.  I know she doesn’t do rounds and rounds of appearances but even if she did, her prime years in music will always overshadow her new.  Unless she makes an amazing transformation as an artist which isn’t going to happen....but also, outside of her fans, nobody is going to take her seriously as some singer/songwriter artist - hell, a lot of her own fans won’t either.

If her team actually did the effort and spent money enough to make a new album , release it a month before Domination, shoot 4 BOMB music videos, something a little inspired by Blackout+ ITZ mixed together, get Britney to do 4 live vocal performances a show, make interviews in famous shows (ELLEN!), jimmy fallon, maybe do something at MTV, Good Morning America, connect with the young children and teenager audience bringing back the Britney and ITZ eras where she could create a bond with young people, magazine interviews, photoshoots, promote her name worldwide by doing a real world tour , including Asia, South America and Australia this time, tv interviews are a must, go to UK or anything to do a pocket show,public  app all over Europe, start going to clubs to perform like 2003-2004, tour in BRAZIL, my country, go to Rio and São Paulo team up with another famous artist like Ariana and Beyoncé.

this should be enough for 25 million album sellings and 7 billion streams :imcute::bedtime: 

6 minutes ago, stateofgracebritney said:

this should be enough for 25 million album sellings and 7 billion streams :imcute::bedtime: 

haha, nope, she'd be lucky to sell a million after all of what you mentioned.  She's an aging pop star and unless her image is reinvented I just don't see that happening.  Also, if she gets any more juvenile and tries to get kids/tweens as an audience, i'm probably going to be finished with her.  I've matured, she has too - she shouldn't be going backwards.  

5 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

haha, nope, she'd be lucky to sell a million after all of what you mentioned.  She's an aging pop star and unless her image is reinvented I just don't see that happening.  Also, if she gets any more juvenile and tries to get kids/tweens as an audience, i'm probably going to be finished with her.  I've matured, she has too - she shouldn't be going backwards.  

Well, do you really expect 30+ fans to be the only supporting her :juggingu: sorry, that’s not really how success works today. 

I feel you. At the time (2004), I was shocked when she released My Prerogative the hits album after just 4 albums. But I get it because she was done working and wanted to start a family. I was more shocked at The Singles...like, why so soon? I mean "3" was a hit but it felt like the artist is not around anymore and that's soo soon. And I never cared for merchandise so.....but I still think they should do something original (event-wise) in Jan-Feb 2019 for the 20th year anniversary of her debut album. Superbowl would have been very cool along with something else--something totally new. Also, I think a song with Cardi B would be fun.

2 hours ago, stateofgracebritney said:

Well, do you really expect 30+ fans to be the only supporting her :juggingu: sorry, that’s not really how success works today. 

Who do think is flying to Vegas to see her?  Kids and parents?  Nope.  I don’t expect us to be the only ones supporting her but I sure as hell don’t want her to catering to tweens - I don’t care if they like her though.

52 minutes ago, Ringleader34 said:

Who do think is flying to Vegas to see her?  Kids and parents?  Nope.  I don’t expect us to be the only ones supporting her but I sure as hell don’t want her to catering to tweens - I don’t care if they like her though.

Well, her fan base consists (mostly) from 15-35 year old people and a lot of parents bring kids to their idol’s shows so I think I don’t understand your point.

Well, she's not going anywhere but Vegas just to be a nostalgia act again. Basically because she's not appealing anymore. Her team knows that she's not capable of delivering Primeney so everything they sell will be focused on her prime, even her residencies and concerts. She's relying on her old hits, it's been 5 years since her last "known hit". They need to change the formula, make the GP interested in her again but as long as this nostalgia act keeps on giving they will keep on milking it. Hopefully, Domination will not do as good as POM so it can be a reality check for them.

Archived