The Official Britney Spears Piece Of Me Tour Thread: Manchester UK

Slayer

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, DownAndUp said:

I enjoyed the backstage tour, and the show was so much better than I expected. There  were performances I wasn’t looking forward to because of Instagram videos but they are so much better live

What happens after the backstage tour if you don’t have m&g and have a standing ticket just? What time does it begin and end?

So, it turns out my family chipped in to get me a meet and greet ticket. They only told me this week as they wanted it to be a surprise and it sure was. First of all, the backstage tour was interesting. It was so cool to step on stage and walk down the catwalk. I was excited to see the costumes and then I saw them. It was basically a rack with a few outfits and a couple of shoes. Nothing special. Some of the outfits were nice. I missed most of Pitbull (don't really like his songs but for the 2 songs I did see, he was pretty good) as I was queuing for the meet and greet. I accepted it would only be 5 seconds long and Britney would likely be shy/awkward. They crammed about 40 of us in a room and it was boiling so everyone was sweating. I got in and I just looked at her face. I get some fans are calm and cool around big celebs but I was literally starstruck. I just muttered "wow" to myself. I couldn't believe it was actually her. I saw Sam in the corner. He had his arms crossed like he didn't want to be there. Maybe he's shy too, I don't know. I walked around her and I meant to ask if I could put my arm around her for the photo but I genuinely forgot to speak and just did it. I moved before the picture was taken (maybe you heard me go "damn!"? :) ) and the photographer let me redo it quickly. I honestly don't remember much about the whole thing as it was so quick but she said "enjoy the show" in her high-pitched voice and I told her my name. I know she doesn't care but I thought "Imma let her know seeing as this is probably my only chance". I don't really remember what her face looked like because again, I was just starstruck but I wouldn't be surprised if I get the photo back and she's like "get me away from him". I wasn't a weirdo or anything, just really shy. I knew the whole experience would basically be 5 seconds long and I certainly wasn't rushed by security or anything but it was a bit of a shame how Britney didn't bother to ask my name (I know she doesn't care but it's polite) and how she basically expected me to get the photo and sod off. She did say hi, I just wished it had been like maybe 5 seconds longer haha.

Some of the other fans I spoke to also said it felt like a blur and a dizzying experience. Some people were angry that they spent so much money and didn't get to say anything to her. I feel for them and I know I'm kind of moaning about the same thing but surely they knew what it would be like? As for the actual show, I don't know. I was excited to finally see Britney live and I knew she would be lipping but I still felt a bit empty throughout the concert. When Toxic started, I honestly felt emotionless. She wasn't singing it and even if she was, you couldn't hear it. But then the beat started and all was right with the world. I know most of you hate her dancing but compared to everyone I've see in concert, she's definitely the best dancer. I wouldn't have been so annoyed/focused on the hair touching if you guys hadn't pointed it out!! :wontcry: I didn't look up the setlist prior to the show as I wanted to be surprised and it was mostly a good setlist. I don't really like MATM but she brought a lot of energy to that one and made it exciting. I would've thought she'd performed Hold It Against Me and Everytime so that was a bit of a downer but I guess it wouldn't really fit with the theme of the show and they didn't have the wings. Again, I knew she was lipping but I couldn't stop focusing on her lips and it's not like she looked as though she didn't know the words to the songs but it's like, if you're not gonna sing the songs, at least make it look as though you are. I feel she could have interacted with the audience more by speaking to them but whatever. I know I sound like a massive downer and honestly, it was a great show and brilliant to finally see her after all these years but it was only tonight that I realised other singers perform live and enjoy the show, so why doesn't she? A few times, she just looked like she didn't want to be there and I'm always saying to people "she's had a tough life, leave her alone" but tonight, it really hit me that she can be quite distant even if she is bringing it on stage. I know she's shy and all but would I pay to see her again? I don't know. I just wanted to say I'd seen her once in my life and I did. I probably would because she's my favourite singer and I'm glad they remixed/revamped the songs so they didn't just sound like they came straight from the cd (Do Somethin' was AMAZING btw) but I wouldn't feel as excited seeing her again as I would other singers because the spark isn't as big as it used to be. If I had my own money to pay for a m&g next time, would I do it? Again, probably, because I'm a total idiot and knowing it's literally a 5 second experience for hundreds of pounds and that she doesn't really care about how much you love her or what your name is (it could be the shyness I don't know-she was friendly and sweet after all) but just being in the room with her and getting a photo was such an incredible experience even if I don't remember much of it. But that's just me. I'm stupid with money. I didn't mean to make it sound like a horrible show because it wasn't. Everyone had a great time and she had a lot of energy, it just felt to me that she didn't really want to be there or her heart wasn't completely in it. I've seen other popstars and I know Britney's not like them, but again it could be because she's shy. I just felt "something" was missing but I'm not really sure what. Stupid, I know.  I also don't much care for TTWE but like MATM, it got everyone on their feet and was a good closer. On the plus, I liked her outfits. I'm trying to remember (got a head like a sieve) but I think she had a sort of bra and skirt combo with a yellow trim around the skirt and it looked really good on her so someone's doing something right. The staff were all friendly and I'm normally shy talking to other people at concerts as I go on my own (my family hate the singers I listen to haha) but I was in a section with the most friendly people so it was a great night overall. I just hope when I get my photo, it's not too bad. I don't care about looking like a clown or dripping with sweat because it was roasting in there, I just hope the quality is good and I'm hoping I'll be pleasantly surprised by what Britney looks like as I didn't really see her face during/after the photo. I looked at it but again, STARSTRUCK! I am still gonna defend her and say she was shy (even her staff said this before we went it, like they knew the photos would be terrible LOL) and she wasn't horrible but it was a shame to hear that fans who went to tonight's show and met her yesterday, said she was kinda rude, maybe something to do with Sam? It's a shame when it's a once in a lifetime experience and one night stands? (Do we think they'll last? He just didn't seem to care, like hun, you're going out with Britney FREAKING Spears, lighten up!) potentially muck that up but I had a great time and I hope everyone else did too. Btw, not hating on Sam. :truthtea:

19 minutes ago, SkreechyBat said:

What happens after the backstage tour if you don’t have m&g and have a standing ticket just? What time does it begin and end?

We just waited inside the arena till doors opened and then we could go to our seats then. The backstage tour was only around 20 minutes 

Thank you for being so honest in this! Sounds like a whirlwind night. I had no idea people were saying she’d been rude the night before as well? 

Really annoys me. Sam sounds exactly as I imagined him to be all this time. I feel like she’s not as nice as she used to be since she started dating him! 

Oh well you have met her and that’s amazing and so kind of your family! Again, thank you - I found this post really interesting ?

18 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Thank you for being so honest in this! Sounds like a whirlwind night. I had no idea people were saying she’d been rude the night before as well? 

Really annoys me. Sam sounds exactly as I imagined him to be all this time. I feel like she’s not as nice as she used to be since she started dating him! 

Oh well you have met her and that’s amazing and so kind of your family! Again, thank you - I found this post really interesting ?

No problem. Thank you for being so nice :gobaby: I honestly can't judge him, it just seemed to me he didn't care that he was there. And I get it, they're her fans, not his, so why should he care but when you're meeting her and he's just in the corner looking like he'd rather be anywhere else, it's like "why is he here"? I'm definitely not saying he made me uncomfortable or anything but it felt like he was waiting for us all to leave so he could spend time with her, like sorry but we paid to see her, you get it for free hun :hahaha:

I can't remember exactly what they said, just that they'd met her the night before and she wasn't that nice or inviting with them, which is why they hung around to ask how she was with me. It sucks that people aren't happy with their m&gs. I'm still terrified I'll get a god awful picture even though I still had the joy of meeting her so I'm not going to die or anything but it really does suck that they can't say anything to her due to lack of time or she's in a mood and ruins the experience for them. And yeah, my family can be pretty cool when they wanna be haha. I don't know if you've met her before, but I hope you get to in the future. You sound like a doll :kisses:

It was a good show. I really like it! But sometimes I just felt like she doesn't want be there. She seemed to be bored and doesn't give a ****. 

Maybe next residency will be better, but I think she needs a few years break. Years, not months.

Energy was on point, amazing body. Even these costumes looks better when you are there.

No Slumber Party unfortunately. Cirus act still sucks. I don't understand wtf she can't sing Everytime live.  BOMT and Oops vocals is so annoying. She desperately needs new pre-records.

I like this post because you clearly went in with a fresh mindset. It sounds to me like you weren’t watching the show closely like we’ve done these past 4 years. And it was honest. There was no sugar coating, you saw what we clearly see. She is distant on stage and one thing that I wish she did more of was interact with the audience and talk to us instead of the scripted one liners.

youre very lucky you had family to chip in for a meet and greet and glad you got to meet her.

1 minute ago, balmainxcx said:

I just got back from Manchester!! It was a great night and I loved it, only downside was how stupidly hot it was in the Arena, even Britney said it was hot. :hideous: There quite a few empty seats, even in the standing area which was surprising, I wonder why they was empty :endit: 

I think there wasn't any standing area here. I was in block A (seated), but most of the people moved from their chairs and go closer to the stage.

And yeah, it was f**king hot out there!

Hey, I’m from Spain, I’ve been to Manchester concert and I enjoyed a lot! It was my first time seeing Britney, I have waited since 2013 and I’m the happiest person in the world right now!

I bought the Front 5 Rows package and I was in 4th row. It was AMAZING! 

Seeing that there’s not a lot of videos of the show, you can check my Instagram stories at https://www.instagram.com/alexbarat.m 

I posted parts of most of the songs ;)

Tomorrow I’ll upload some videos and pics on my Instagram profile, I’ll put it here!

9 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

I like this post because you clearly went in with a fresh mindset. It sounds to me like you weren’t watching the show closely like we’ve done these past 4 years. And it was honest. There was no sugar coating, you saw what we clearly see. She is distant on stage and one thing that I wish she did more of was interact with the audience and talk to us instead of the scripted one liners.

youre very lucky you had family to chip in for a meet and greet and glad you got to meet her.

Aw thank you <3 I hope you get to as well some day :jumpney: I honestly haven't been keeping up with POM just because I always knew she lipped and I'm not that fussed. Occasionally, I look on Youtube for old clips of her singing live like INAGNYAW and I know we'll never get that again but it's fun to dream. I mainly check on here for anything "breaking" like when she covered "Something to talk about". I don't get why she can't do that with every show. 30 damn seconds of one song, totally live! Acoustic. No blaring speakers. It's not a lot to ask for. I won't say I hated her and I am stupid in that I keep defending her, still feeling incredibly lucky just to have even seen her after everything she's been through but yes, she really should let her personality shine through more. Katy Perry was totally nuts when I saw her. She was like a cartoon character (odd and loud) but also you get the idea she is like that. With Britney, it was just like "I'm here to "sing" songs and that's it. Even when she got the Freakshow guest on, her performance felt forced. She kept making weird faces, which maybe is supposed to match the theme I'm not sure, but it should have felt more ****/naughty whereas it felt fake. I hate saying things like this as the fan on stage had a great time and I'm sure he loved it but if it was me, I'd feel humiliated that she was parading me on stage and not even having fun with it or interacting with me. I really sound horrible, it's not my intention and I'm sure Britney is a lovely person but her stage presence could be better.

Archived