Is the Britney army starting to turn on Britney?

NewYorkCity

At the end of the day, it honestly is our fault at most. Why? We are letting her and her team cash in on us. We buy concert tickets, albums, stream her as mush as possible. Thanks to this, Britney has it in her head she doesn’t need to try anymore, she just knows she will get the money. Not at one point did her fanbase boycott her, not even during BJ. They need to feel the financial loss on their skin if we want things to change, they need to see less of a cash flow and start panicking. This way they all see they can get away with minimum effort and they’re doing it, just like any human being. Millions with no struggle. Unfortunately to me Britney has become simply boring, she has no standards anymore. Boring concerts, boring interviews, long breaks between albums, constant reschedules and cancelations. And the time for her to be back on the top again is almost over, once she hits 40 she will NEVER be able to get in top 20 again for the simple reason, she disowned her career way too early. Sons will grow up and leave their own way, she will want to be back on too again but it won’t happen even if she brings primeney back. I just hope she realizes it before its too late. In the meantime my interest shifted to Ariana Grande completely and I believe a great portion of fanbase started staning other divas as well. She’s completely ignorant of how things are building up to fall apart for her....its really sad

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all i'd like to say that what i'm about to say it's about Britney THE PERFORMER, i have NOTHING against her as a person, i'm very happy that she's healthy and in a better place now. Oh and i wanna say that i always and i mean ALWAYS defended her back in 2009 (TCSBS) and in 2011 (the atrocious FFT) with that being said sorry but 2018 actually IS her worst year as a performer, you CANNOT go on stage half naked (cause yeah, bikinis AREN'T stage outfits, you go to the beach with that **** not on stage in front of thousands of people) her makeup is BAD she looks like a f**king panda 99% of the times, she doesn't even rehears and if you deny you're delusional, it's clear that she performs the show the way she remember it, which it's UNACCEPTABLE for someone that gets paid A LOT for what she should do!!!! Not only her ""choreos"" are simple af but she doesn't even TRY anymore and don't you EVEN TRY to tell me that i'm a hater because if i'm here now it's because I LOVE HER with all my heart, you can't stop loving someone like that! so keep your: "haters" "go away" "you don't belong here" "you're not a fan" and all that crap for yourselves!!!! Do you think we like when people says: "OMG she's untalented!!!" ?NO!!! And i wanna prove them wrong but guess what? I CAN'T because she doesn't dance and she doesn't sing a single note! In the past she was justified because she used to dance her *** off but now? Sorry y'all but she needs a reinvention and asap, if she can't dance for the whole show (which it's ok, it's understandable) then she should do shorter shows like 1h long where she dance and then in the middle of the show there's an acoustic act and she can rest and SING at least 4-5 songs!!!! Sorry for the long post but i can't with the delusional fans sometimes. :badthoughts:

6 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

I understand your opinion. I just don’t understand why you and other fans constantly criticizing her keep watching said performances if they’re so unwatchable. I understand that this Pom Tour isn’t as good as Vegas from mid 15 to late 16. I’m not blind. I’m just not going to complain about everything she does that I don’t like rather than find something better to do with my time. I just don’t get the logic behind wasting so much energy on something you don’t think is worth it. 

I can see why it would look like a waste of time, I've mentioned this before but if you're familiar with the sunk costs fallacy and trauma bonding then there may be some parallels there. If not google them they are fascinating to read about.

Basically...Britney gives a bit then she takes it away, example being posting the photo of her in her underwear and saying "Had a great time on set today" <wink> or whatever she said. It gave hope that there was a music video coming or maybe the start of her new album era, but it was for her perfume ad (wasn't it??). Which is great but that's a tease in itself because it's for her multi million dollar perfume empire and not her music career which lots of fans love her for.

Then she'll post her now infamous (well on exhale) trolling IG videos of her live singing and dancing like a boss, but refuse to do either of those things for her paying fans. So it keeps us in the belief that we are truly stanning a talented woman, and that one day she might just deliver this on stage.

Of course the M&G's are a minefield, you may get her on a good day where she'll compliment you, call you sweetie and hug you like you're her best friend. Or you might get a robotic, miserable person who sees money when she looks at you. But still, you pay that £2500 because imagine if you were to get a happy Britney!!!

Then there are the let downs that come in between all these glimmers of hope. The trauma bonding theory goes that the awful times actually bring you closer to the person who is hurting you which is so messed up. Obviously, for context this isn't as serious as the situations that theory is referring to, but it certainly can be applied.

Our brains can sometimes change over time to become entwined with a person who repeatedly hurts us, they are the source of our pain but ironically they can be the only ones to make it better afterwards. This is why so many people stay in domestic abuse situations, they love and hate their partner at the same time.

DISCLAIMER: NOT comparing the Britney army to an abusive relationship at all, just the theory behind why lots of us feel compelled to stick around.

11 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

I think, as I said in another thread, that what you're seeing here is a lot of fans disappointed with her work (rightfully, btw, and I'm one of those fans) not being able to separate the two anymore, the two being Britney/her career + Britney/the person. What used to be constructive criticism (whether Britney or Team B reads it or not, that's what it was) has just become.... pure contempt nowadays.

I don't know. Is it even worth sticking around for B10/a new era for these folks? Will anything please them? Who can say.

She needs to not only step it up but also to start caring again. Because it's not the GP who'll be rushing to her new music, if her fanbase is divided like it is right now I can only say good luck to her if she continues like this. I will buy her new music, it makes sense to me, but she's creating a gap between her and the fans and it's very dangerous. 

38 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I can see why it would look like a waste of time, I've mentioned this before but if you're familiar with the sunk costs fallacy and trauma bonding then there may be some parallels there. If not google them they are fascinating to read about.

Basically...Britney gives a bit then she takes it away, example being posting the photo of her in her underwear and saying "Had a great time on set today" <wink> or whatever she said. It gave hope that there was a music video coming or maybe the start of her new album era, but it was for her perfume ad (wasn't it??). Which is great but that's a tease in itself because it's for her multi million dollar perfume empire and not her music career which lots of fans love her for.

Then she'll post her now infamous (well on exhale) trolling IG videos of her live singing and dancing like a boss, but refuse to do either of those things for her paying fans. So it keeps us in the belief that we are truly stanning a talented woman, and that one day she might just deliver this on stage.

Of course the M&G's are a minefield, you may get her on a good day where she'll compliment you, call you sweetie and hug you like you're her best friend. Or you might get a robotic, miserable person who sees money when she looks at you. But still, you pay that £2500 because imagine if you were to get a happy Britney!!!

Then there are the let downs that come in between all these glimmers of hope. The trauma bonding theory goes that the awful times actually bring you closer to the person who is hurting you which is so messed up. Obviously, for context this isn't as serious as the situations that theory is referring to, but it certainly can be applied.

Our brains can sometimes change over time to become entwined with a person who repeatedly hurts us, they are the source of our pain but ironically they can be the only ones to make it better afterwards. This is why so many people stay in domestic abuse situations, they love and hate their partner at the same time.

DISCLAIMER: NOT comparing the Britney army to an abusive relationship at all, just the theory behind why lots of us feel compelled to stick around.

Your analysis are always on point, I really can't handle it sometimes.:sobbing: And complaining about something/someone is very healthy, people need to understand that. It's not like we're sending death threats, it's just us asking for more. And expecting the least from a singer. 

11 hours ago, NewYorkCity said:

She’s had her moments don’t get me wrong, but I believe she’s never been this bad her entire career.. it’s unnacceptable at this point she needs a wake up call. 

What would it be tho?

38 minutes ago, zone said:

What would it be tho?

I think we're beyond a wake up call tbh. 

Britneys last hit single was 5 years ago. Neither BJ or Glory had much staying power. The Vegas residency may have been a success, but she doesn't sell out most nights and I really don't see her doing another 4 years there. And she's also playing in smaller/random venues on the tour. 

Her team must realise that she is not the draw she used to be, but they don't care. 

11 hours ago, NiceSpears said:

Nope. Part of the hate is made by trolls. And another major part is done by insecure and overdramatic people who has an unhealthy lifestyle. I mean any decent person would ”walk away” or stop following an artist they say has not been good or sucks for like the past 10(!!) years. It’s not about Britney really, it doesn’t matter whatever she does because every little detail has to be dragged, bashed, hated, complained about or attacked like she hurt or insulted someone or like the person was forced to watch it or listen to it. 

These guys are not OK... I think most of them are lonely people without a real life, friends or excitement in life. That’s why they are STAYING and constantly follows what they say they dislike so bad just to have a connection to something and a safe space or their bubble to go to several times a day or all day long. It’s their own addiction and satisfaction to be able to jump the bandwagon and lash out at someone they don’t know and to say all these things they would never do in real life to someone. It’s unfortune but common for people to do this from behind a screen of a computer or phone.

A real Britney fan must not like everything she does but obviously enjoys what she is doing, what she is bringing, supports her and likes her a lot. Then its also completely normal to move on from it if you don’t feel like its the same or if you simply don’t enjoy it anylonger or thinks its not really that good any bit of it. 

Well said.  Thank you for taking the time to write this.  

1 hour ago, Chris88 said:

Your analysis are always on point, I really can't handle it sometimes.:sobbing: And complaining about something/someone is very healthy, people need to understand that. It's not like we're sending death threats, it's just us asking for more. And expecting the least from a singer. 

Oh thank you you're so kind! I try to look at things from all angles to try to be fair and consider the reasons behind people's motivations.

And yep you're right we're not doing anything horrendous, ultimately we just want a singer to sing and a dancer to dance.

2 hours ago, Chris88 said:

She needs to not only step it up but also to start caring again. Because it's not the GP who'll be rushing to her new music, if her fanbase is divided like it is right now I can only say good luck to her if she continues like this. I will buy her new music, it makes sense to me, but she's creating a gap between her and the fans and it's very dangerous. 

Also -  had Make Me not had the MV fiasco - the fan base would've been more supportive and it would've done better tbh. When the MV got replaced many of us just stopped caring/gave up. 

59 minutes ago, openwatersurfer said:

I think we're beyond a wake up call tbh. 

Britneys last hit single was 5 years ago. Neither BJ or Glory had much staying power. The Vegas residency may have been a success, but she doesn't sell out most nights and I really don't see her doing another 4 years there. And she's also playing in smaller/random venues on the tour. 

Her team must realise that she is not the draw she used to be, but they don't care. 

She doesnt want to be huge again, thats for sure

13 hours ago, fucknfurter said:

I think, as I said in another thread, that what you're seeing here is a lot of fans disappointed with her work (rightfully, btw, and I'm one of those fans) not being able to separate the two anymore, the two being Britney/her career + Britney/the person. What used to be constructive criticism (whether Britney or Team B reads it or not, that's what it was) has just become.... pure contempt nowadays.

I don't know. Is it even worth sticking around for B10/a new era for these folks? Will anything please them? Who can say.

I think the bar for 'anything' is very low. No one is asking for her togo back to her prime. They want SOMETHING that resembles Britney Spears, the performer and entertainer. We haven't seen her in years. I doubt we ever will again.

What's gonna happen once her kids are full grown ups and people start telling them "Hey your mom is so stiff, doesn't sing live, etc" ? What will be their reaction? What will Britney say? Are they just gonna pretend nothing's happening? :mhmnod:

What if they start noticing all these by themselves? will they tell their mom? :whatitellu:

10 hours ago, Iexpectyouto said:

I just don’t understand why you feel the need to stay around if you’re that unhappy with what she’s doing. I think her shows are pretty good. Unpopular opinion: I don’t get mad when Britney in 2018 doesn’t perform like she did in 2004 at a concert I didn’t buy a ticket for. And yeah I’ll tell fans it’s them. They choose to stay around a ***** about a woman they don’t know doing things that doesn’t affect them. If it’s so insulting to you she doesn’t try harder, grow up and leave. 

Because I’m a fan of her music and a person that used to give good shows. We are allowed to complain because we have supported her as a person and artist. She is a brand. Most ppl want to improve. 

I’m not going to support her messes anymore. You are the one that will be at lost because she will fail to sell soon. instead of showing concern before anymore damage is done, you have decided to ignore it. You can act like you are bigger because you ignore all the bad things and there are many. In the end it will only hurt you. 

1 hour ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Oh thank you you're so kind! I try to look at things from all angles to try to be fair and consider the reasons behind people's motivations.

And yep you're right we're not doing anything horrendous, ultimately we just want a singer to sing and a dancer to dance.

But it's great tbh, because you always give a thought through analysis so people can really understand your point of view very clearly. it's really great in my opinion. And yes if she could sing or dance that'd be great. Even just for her. 

1 hour ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Also -  had Make Me not had the MV fiasco - the fan base would've been more supportive and it would've done better tbh. When the MV got replaced many of us just stopped caring/gave up. 

The Make Me video is such a shame. And you're so right, I think at this point when we saw the video they made vs what they hyped, Exhale was going insane, what's happening now is nothing compared to what happened when the MV came out. 

I must say, having watched a bunch of other artists' concerts in recent times, it really puts into perspective Britney's glaring weaknesses. I give her a pass because I'm ride or die, but from a purely objective point of view, there's so much that's wrong. And she's on the fast track to irrelevance because of it.

Yes, she's selling out arenas in Europe and stadiums in Brighton and Asia recently, but that's because she hasn't been there in a while and people are curious to see a legend coming through. But once they see POM and really get a sense for what it's like watching her, it will never happen again.

That's not to say people can't have fun at her shows - it's still a great experience for a stan and great vibes dancing and singing along to her epic catalogue with her in front of you. But any casual fan or general public concert goer would understandably be pretty underwhelmed by what she's doing, and once you start losing those casual fans and all you have left is the hardcore base, thats when things like selling out arenas and charting become very difficult. And the more she exposes this performance level to more people, the more she will struggle in the future.

Archived