Is the Britney army starting to turn on Britney?

NewYorkCity

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, 2K16NEY said:

Supporting a person does not mean blindsy supporting everything regardless of the quality and effort. This is a forum for meant for discussion about Britney, good or bad. Your delusion is what I’m personally sick and tired of.

I agree with this.

But I'm also seeing a lot of outright anger being directed towards her.

I think her Team needs to change their tactics fast before her star officially loses its sheen.

I'll always love her because of her past....but nowadays she nos an interesting entertainer anymore. Her performances are pretty much the same, she never sings live neither talks, bad choreos, bad outfits and makeup....she just doesn't care....

I'll look up for her music always but she is kinda boring to admire.... so whatever....I'll enjoy all her performances from 1998-2004 :crying1:

24 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

What used to be constructive criticism (whether Britney or Team B reads it or not, that's what it was) has just become.... pure contempt nowadays.

You are right, I think disappointment leads to a build up of anger, which leads to resentment which ultimately leads to contempt. I notice it more and more in myself, in my posts on here and I actually don't like it! I want to be a true fan of hers and love everything she does, but I find I'm only thinking the opposite.

It's a shame :/

Just now, HairFlipQueen said:

You are right, I think disappointment leads to a build up of anger, which leads to resentment which ultimately leads to contempt. I notice it more and more in myself, in my posts on here and I actually don't like it! I want to be a true fan of hers and love everything she does, but I find I'm only thinking the opposite.

It's a shame :/

Yeah, I've been noticing it here a lot, too. It's why I really can't say much against the people who are so quick to defend her and say there's a lot of hate here, because they're not wrong. And I get it, I get where the disappointment and the anger stems from because I'm right there with it, so most of the time I stay out of things or just throw in my two cents after the fact.

True fans don't love everything blindly. They're critical thinking, absolutely. So its okay to be disappointed in her. So just because you don't accept everything she does professionally, you're still a true fan.

It's just when the comments are geared towards her personally that it makes me really uncomfortable and wonder how far someone's anger has gone, and its why I duck out of things more often than not here, because I'm trying to navigate in a way that I don't get bitter about her like that, if that makes sense.

But it is a shame. Its a shame she and her team have seemed content to let it get this bad. Its also a shame that people are having a hard time separating the two more and more.

1 minute ago, fucknfurter said:

Yeah, I've been noticing it here a lot, too. It's why I really can't say much against the people who are so quick to defend her and say there's a lot of hate here, because they're not wrong. And I get it, I get where the disappointment and the anger stems from because I'm right there with it, so most of the time I stay out of things or just throw in my two cents after the fact.

True fans don't love everything blindly. They're critical thinking, absolutely. So its okay to be disappointed in her. So just because you don't accept everything she does professionally, you're still a true fan.

It's just when the comments are geared towards her personally that it makes me really uncomfortable and wonder how far someone's anger has gone, and its why I duck out of things more often than not here, because I'm trying to navigate in a way that I don't get bitter about her like that, if that makes sense.

But it is a shame. Its a shame she and her team have seemed content to let it get this bad. Its also a shame that people are having a hard time separating the two more and more.

It certainly is a place of overflowing emotions on this site! I've really noticed it the past few months, I don't think there are many members who are saying many nice things, not just on here but on Instagram and youtube too.

It can be a bit nasty, and you're right sometimes it's a bit below the belt and I hold my hand up and say I've made some not too nice comments lately, but then I see it as this is a place we can vent and express our disappointment as fans. 

I totally get you  about not wanting to get bitter! That's exactly it, I think a lot of us are bitter. Obviously in the big scheme of things in day to day life it isn't a huge deal, but she means a lot to people and it's sad to see her performing skills hit such a low.

Nope. Part of the hate is made by trolls. And another major part is done by insecure and overdramatic people who has an unhealthy lifestyle. I mean any decent person would ”walk away” or stop following an artist they say has not been good or sucks for like the past 10(!!) years. It’s not about Britney really, it doesn’t matter whatever she does because every little detail has to be dragged, bashed, hated, complained about or attacked like she hurt or insulted someone or like the person was forced to watch it or listen to it. 

These guys are not OK... I think most of them are lonely people without a real life, friends or excitement in life. That’s why they are STAYING and constantly follows what they say they dislike so bad just to have a connection to something and a safe space or their bubble to go to several times a day or all day long. It’s their own addiction and satisfaction to be able to jump the bandwagon and lash out at someone they don’t know and to say all these things they would never do in real life to someone. It’s unfortune but common for people to do this from behind a screen of a computer or phone.

A real Britney fan must not like everything she does but obviously enjoys what she is doing, what she is bringing, supports her and likes her a lot. Then its also completely normal to move on from it if you don’t feel like its the same or if you simply don’t enjoy it anylonger or thinks its not really that good any bit of it. 

4 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

It certainly is a place of overflowing emotions on this site! I've really noticed it the past few months, I don't think there are many members who are saying many nice things, not just on here but on Instagram and youtube too.

It can be a bit nasty, and you're right sometimes it's a bit below the belt and I hold my hand up and say I've made some not too nice comments lately, but then I see it as this is a place we can vent and express our disappointment as fans. 

I totally get you  about not wanting to get bitter! That's exactly it, I think a lot of us are bitter. Obviously in the big scheme of things in day to day life it isn't a huge deal, but she means a lot to people and it's sad to see her performing skills hit such a low.

It's beginning to happen on IG and Twitter, too? I'd like to say maybe someone on her team will notice the serious disconnect, in that case, but you know.....

And honestly, I think a lot of people ignore that Exhale is treated as the place the Army is honest and comes to vent to, so I get it from that angle, too. I know several people here who don't talk about this stuff on other social media, because why would you? (Though the above makes me :ehum: on this now...)

But no, that's fair. :yaknow: And I can agree that it is.

3 minutes ago, NiceSpears said:

Nope. Part of the hate is made by trolls. And another major part is done by insecure and overdramatic people who has an unhealthy lifestyle. I mean any decent person would ”walk away” or stop following an artist they say has not been good or sucks for like the past 10(!!) years. It’s not about Britney really, it doesn’t matter whatever she does because every little detail has to be dragged, bashed, hated, complained about or attacked like she hurt or insulted someone or like the person was forced to watch it or listen to it. These guys are not OK... I think most of these guys are lonely people without a real life, friends or excitement in life. That’s why they are STAYING and constantly follows what they say they dislike so bad just to have a connection to something and a safe space or their bubble to go to several times a day or all day long. It’s their own addiction and satisfaction to be able to jump the bandwagon and lash out at someone they don’t know and to say all these things they would never do in real life to someone. It’s unfortune but common for people to do this from behind a screen of a computer or phone.

A real Britney fan must not like everything she does but obviously enjoys what she is doing, what she is bringing, supports her and likes her a lot. Then its also completely normal to move on from it if you don’t feel like its the same or if you simply don’t enjoy it anylonger or thinks its not really that good any bit of it. 

FYI: this place is a mess. There is other ways to stay connected to what Britney is up to, chat with fellow fans and so on. There is social media, like instagram with LOTS of amazing fan accounts. And you got Facebook with different groups. I only come here these days when its time for a tour or new music or some new project to check. Its far too much of a messy, hateful place full of trolls and nutcases. If you’re a big Britney fan you really should know this place ain’t the only place to go to. Be sure to check it out but insta for example is an amazing place to for the very very latest on Britney, together with the Breathe Heavy news updates on Britney.

delusional example 1 :cardi:

I'll always be a fan of Britney pre-2012 even though she's had her moments since then, I've pretty much come to the decision she is a tired-*** showgirl at this point. The only reason I'm still checking is because she has always had ups and downs but as has been stated in this thread already... it's getting just plain bad. 

1 minute ago, fucknfurter said:

It's beginning to happen on IG and Twitter, too? I'd like to say maybe someone on her team will notice the serious disconnect, in that case, but you know.....

And honestly, I think a lot of people ignore that Exhale is treated as the place the Army is honest and comes to vent to, so I get it from that angle, too. I know several people here who don't talk about this stuff on other social media, because why would you? (Though the above makes me :ehum: on this now...)

But no, that's fair. :yaknow: And I can agree that it is.

Well I don't use Twitter, so not sure about that but on IG yes absolutely - the comments on her latest videos are not for the faint hearted. I never talk about Britney in rl at all and wouldn't on IG either, not sure why but I just see this site as a place I can talk about her. 

And yes unfortunately people are getting very irked by her on social media. I really really do hope someone in her team realises this, but I just imagine they (Britney included) are completely unfazed by any negativity at all and pass them off as 'haters and trolls'. 

We will see...it'll be interesting to see what happens on more dates of this tour, it's almost hard to watch in some ways!!!

11 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

This!!!!

I might be very critical with her BUT I'm critical towards Britney as a performer. I wouldn't be capable to hate her or judge her AS A PERSON or AS A MOM because of what she's been through (but I still think that she's lazy as a performer and the breakdown is not an excuse to be a lazy performer).

She needs reinvention. She needs to go with the flow, try to take everything in a lighter way so she won't be that nervous, we saw she got her confidence back during 2015 and 2016, she needs to believe in herself again and everything will fall into place. The good music is there, the ability to dance is there. She just needs to step out of her comfort zone so she can be acclaimed again.

I would be awesome if Britney shuts my mouth and made me retract all my criticism.

16 minutes ago, NiceSpears said:

Nope. Part of the hate is made by trolls. And another major part is done by insecure and overdramatic people who has an unhealthy lifestyle. I mean any decent person would ”walk away” or stop following an artist they say has not been good or sucks for like the past 10(!!) years. It’s not about Britney really, it doesn’t matter whatever she does because every little detail has to be dragged, bashed, hated, complained about or attacked like she hurt or insulted someone or like the person was forced to watch it or listen to it. 

These guys are not OK... I think most of them are lonely people without a real life, friends or excitement in life. That’s why they are STAYING and constantly follows what they say they dislike so bad just to have a connection to something and a safe space or their bubble to go to several times a day or all day long. It’s their own addiction and satisfaction to be able to jump the bandwagon and lash out at someone they don’t know and to say all these things they would never do in real life to someone. It’s unfortune but common for people to do this from behind a screen of a computer or phone.

A real Britney fan must not like everything she does but obviously enjoys what she is doing, what she is bringing, supports her and likes her a lot. Then its also completely normal to move on from it if you don’t feel like its the same or if you simply don’t enjoy it anylonger or thinks its not really that wood any bit of it. 

FYI: this place is a mess. There is other ways to stay connected to what Britney is up to, chat with fellow fans and so on. There is social media, like instagram with LOTS of amazing fan accounts. And you got Facebook with different groups. I only come here these days when its time for a tour or new music or some new project to check. Its far too much of a messy, hateful place full of trolls and nutcases. If you’re a big Britney fan you really should know this place ain’t the only place to go to. Be sure to check it out but insta for example is an amazing place to for the very very latest on Britney, together with the Breathe Heavy news updates on Britney.

I think the difference between a hater and a disappointed fan is that a 'hater' (I actually hate that word lol) would WANT to keep Britney down, would enjoy her being upset and unhappy and wants her to do badly so they can continue their hatred. 

A disappointed fan knows that she can do better, is angry because they see the wasted potential, and would be thrilled if she upped her game and started being the Britney on stage that we know she has inside of her!

Hope that makes sense.

9 minutes ago, LEMONADEGLORY said:

This!!!!

I might be very critical with her BUT I'm critical towards Britney as a performer. I wouldn't be capable to hate her or judge her AS A PERSON or AS A MOM because of what she's been through (but I still think that she's lazy as a performer and the breakdown is not an excuse to be a lazy performer).

She needs reinvention. She needs to go with the flow, try to take everything in a lighter way so she won't be that nervous, we saw she got her confidence back during 2015 and 2016, she needs to believe in herself again and everything will fall into place. The good music is there, the ability to dance is there. She just needs to step out of her comfort zone so she can be acclaimed again.

I would be awesome if Britney shuts my mouth and made me retract all my criticism.

tenor.gif?itemid=5833390

(I honestly agree with it all and am right there with you.)

1 hour ago, 2K16NEY said:

I’m certainly fed up and I’ve always given Britney a pass because of her past... but at this point, if she didn’t want to perform, she certainly doesn’t have to and she could retire and still be sitting on a nice financial cushion... but she insists on performing these lackluster shows while constantly giving the fans absolutely nothing but more money grabs. It’s sad.

Completely agree. We know she doesnt need the money. With the state of her finances she could make smart investments and do **** all for the rest of her life. She doesnt need to perform. Yet she does. And she keeps doing it because according to her she needs to, it's what brings her joy. But in all honesty, I dont see that joy when I see her.

Yes some nights she's very sharp and energetic but there's a complete disconnection from the audience. It truly feels like she's programmed to do the show and leave. I understand she has anxiety issues. It's clear when you see her interact with anyone ever so why put herself through all of this? It just doesnt make any sense.

She and her team really need a reality check, it’s getting worse and worse as time passes by... i won’t buy an album of her anymore, unless i really like the single, i used to be a huge supporter for her no matter what but she gives zero ***** about us, so why should i give a ****? 

12 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

I think the difference between a hater and a disappointed fan is that a 'hater' (I actually hate that word lol) would WANT to keep Britney down, would enjoy her being upset and unhappy and wants her to do badly so they can continue their hatred. 

A disappointed fan knows that she can do better, is angry because they see the wasted potential, and would be thrilled if she upped her game and started being the Britney on stage that we know she has inside of her!

Hope that makes sense.

And we see like zero of that type of a fan you just described on here. C’mon, just check the main page of the Britney forum or any thread in here about ANYTHING Britney. It doesn’t matter what its about. Its hated, bashed, dragged and attacked whatever it is to a level of where its getting sick. Those are not fans, no way in hell. Those are trolls or miserable people who got stuck on a Britney forum where they can target whatever emotions or stuff by bullying or throw hate at someone. Where they can say anything they like that they wouldn’t dare to tell someone in real life. It’s just like those scary nutcases on Instagram who hates on, for example, any Kardashian but they’re up in their comments everyday spending time bashing or posting hateful stuff. These are not happy healthy people...

Archived