Why Is "Oops!... I Did It Again" Britney's best album?

It's the most polished album she's had with the exception of Circus.  They both had committed intention and that's why they are so flawless.  The first to solidify her Popstar status and the Second to reclaim it. There my top 2 with Britney at 3.  I know I have an unpopular opinion.  I'm okay with it.  :carpoolney:

• Love 1
  • 1 year later...

It's funny this thread has been bumped when I've been relistening to this album recently ddd. It's not her best album imo but it's a very solid teen pop album from that time. So many bops and the album has some great ballads on it too. 

The Oops! era is what propels me to say that the Oops! album is Britney's best.

I remember flicking through the TV channels and I stopped at the commercial for the Oops! Making the Video episode on MTV. I FREAKED out. Haters kept saying that Britney was going to be a one-hit wonder. I was SO happy to learn that Britney was about to prove them wrong. She looked so amazing in the red catsuit and the previews of the video looked AMAZING. I knew Britney was about to certify her role in the industry as Pop Princess. The MTV episode came out and that's all people were talking about. "Britney's back, Britney's back!" There were so many promos, TV specials and so-on promoting the Oops! single/album. It was so freaking exciting. One thing I really miss about Primeney, is that there were always so many TV specials during the album release weeks. She's had some since then, but since the Circus era it hasn't really felt the same.

Fast forward to the day of the album release, me and my friends (we were in 6th grade) skipped school to get the album. We lined up outside of HMV and wow - there were so many fans waiting to get the album. Being around them - the energy, oh it was ******* amazing. We were singing Britney songs, chanting her name and stuff. We didn't give two sh*ts that we skipped school to get the CD lol. When the store opened, we all rushed in and they were playing some of the songs from the album. Having that CD in my hand - it felt like I was the owner of the rarest and most sought after diamond. It was just so freaking exciting. The album - it's solid pop. The first 3 songs really get you in the groove. I really wish that "What U See" was a single. It's a BOP! Loved the performance in the Oops! concert. The only song I don't like is "Dear Diary." I mean it's cute, but it could've been skipped. I know that Britney was proud of that song at the time, but eh... I could've done without it. I love the album though. It's definitely in my top 3. My top 3 being - Glory, Oops & Femme Fatale.

If you weren't a fan of hers during the earlier eras, I feel bad for you. Britney was AMAZING. She was booked, she was inspired... she was everything.

Sorry if my thoughts were a bit scattered, but I tried my best to share my memories lol.

• Love 1

Not to me.

Oops! is honestly underrated in a lot of ways. If I had to pick between BOMT & Oops, I'm picking Oops by a mile. Oops has aged better and a lot of the songs on it aren't appreciated enough. But my favorite album has to be Blackout; I know it's predictable, but it's seriously the Thriller to her Michael Jackson.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Brit Brit said:

Not to me.

Oops! is honestly underrated in a lot of ways. If I had to pick between BOMT & Oops, I'm picking Oops by a mile. Oops has aged better and a lot of the songs on it aren't appreciated enough. But my favorite album has to be Blackout; I know it's predictable, but it's seriously the Thriller to her Michael Jackson.

Omg who are you??? You think you can come here spilling all the tea and earning my respect all within 5 minutes of me doing my rounds and seeing your posts on two threads and me giving both posts a ❤ react? :lessons:

I stan you. :mhm:

• Love 1

In The Zone is her best album. 

charts can **** off.

Britney had full control over this one and it’s basically her own vision of music.

Since ITZ came out Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale, britney Jean and Glory have been influenced by ITZ formula.

oops and baby were planned by her label for charts and “Britney” was a transition to “in the zone”,  her ultimate concept and element for music. If you know what I mean, that’s why is her favorite record, she loves Breathe On Me, Touch of My Hand, Toxic, Me Against the Music, Everytime. 

it depends what’s success for you, for me successs is having the freedom to make your own record with the music you really like.