Why Is "Oops!... I Did It Again" Britney's best album?

Oops is in my trinity for sure. I wasn't around back then to be a fan (I was 2 lol) but going back and listening to it in 2018, it feels cohesive and very sweet. Very poppy which is why she's known as the princess of pop. And yeah I was surprised to hear how actually good it really was, as a whole. I made a thread here some time ago asking for recommendations as a baby stan, and one thing people told me was to maybe leave BOMT and Oops for later, to go into them with a different mentality. But, Oops is honestly so good. I was just listening to it again. And it was the inspiration for so many other female artists during the 00's.

But I still believe Blackout and Glory are better. They just sound better, as a whole. Glory sounds the least cohesive out of the three, but still sounds strong as a whole. Blackout is the CD every pop diva from 2008 on copied (maybe including Britney herself, Circus feels like a weaker Blackout). Blackout and Glory hold up today better than Oops. You do have to go into Oops with a certain mentality, as good as it is it sounds like cheesy 00's. And that's awesome for the people who are into that, myself included.

• Like 3

Hmm... I have a weird relationship with that album. Honestly, I don't even know a lot of the songs. Aside from Oops of course, I know Satisfaction, Crazy, Stronger, Lucky, little parts of Don't Go Knockin, Last to Know, and little parts of What U See, and the last half I don't even think I've cared for more than a 5 second listen. Omg am I bad fan? I'm listening to the album now and it is actually good

Edit: Holy **** this album is AMAZING. I'm listening to Can't Make You Love Me right now. Wtf! I've been missing out! I'm such an IDIOT.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

My only complaint about Oops is that a lot of songs sound too alike for me.

Can't Make You Love Me - Don't Go Knocking on My Door - What U See (Is What U Get) 

One Kiss From You - When Your Eyes Say It

But I love it!! :bigkiss: and No Strings Attached!

true

you can literally play Lucky with What U See Is What U Get and it's literally the same song musically 

• Like 3

Honeshly truly oops is an iconic pop album the interludes/segments after some songs or intros were perfect the album gave us a story of the girl who isn’t as innocent as we think she’s actually stronger than you thought you can’t easily have her although she doesn’t get exactly what we would think and she still is waiting for her love and it’s all in her diary ... 

• Love 1
  • Like 4
5 hours ago, fintan said:

Hmm... I have a weird relationship with that album. Honestly, I don't even know a lot of the songs. Aside from Oops of course, I know Satisfaction, Crazy, Stronger, Lucky, little parts of Don't Go Knockin, Last to Know, and little parts of What U See, and the last half I don't even think I've cared for more than a 5 second listen. Omg am I bad fan? I'm listening to the album now and it is actually good

Edit: Holy **** this album is AMAZING. I'm listening to Can't Make You Love Me right now. Wtf! I've been missing out! I'm such an IDIOT.

after reading your edit section

giphy.gif

• Haha 2
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

My only complaint about Oops is that a lot of songs sound too alike for me.

Can't Make You Love Me - Don't Go Knocking on My Door - What U See (Is What U Get) 

One Kiss From You - When Your Eyes Say It

But I love it!! :bigkiss: and No Strings Attached!

Isn't that what everybody is always asking for in here? "Cohesiveness".

It's like Blackout, or FF. 

• Like 2