Britney’s Today Possible Deleted Instagram Post

AlottaWarmHeart

Her Team probably didn't want religious posts on her Instagram because it's bad for her brand.

An example of why that's important (from an article on Gwen Stefani's Vegas residency):

"“Equity” is business-speak for precisely what Stefani had been accumulating for the last decade, and what she'd continue to add to in the years to come, whether through stints judging on The Voice, which she joined in 2014, or through her multiple magazine fashion spreads, many of which promoted little in particular save her continued relevance as a celebrity. She was building up the sort of celebrity equity that nothing — not a disappointing reunion album with No Doubt, not a video whose tone-deaf “cowboys and Indians” theme resulted in an internet backlash — could diminish. In a way, it was the kind of perfect, nonthreatening career trajectory that could eventually lead her to a lucrative Vegas residency.

To do so, however, Stefani had to do what all celebrities must do in order to turn themselves into a brand: flatten whatever edges might prove alienating to mass marketing. Young rock stars can be opinionated, but the face of a major makeup brand or a credit card company signs away that ability — or, at the very least, works to deemphasize anything that might seem controversial about them. For Stefani, that meant bending the mom/rock star dichotomy to focus directly on the “mom”; the tomboy glamour, the “girlish grunge,” turned, at least in most public appearances, mostly girlish and glamorous."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/annehelenpetersen/gwen-stefani-no-doubt-blake-shelton-the-voice#.mm5MbkOmrl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, reoha098 said:

Lol i notice every post of you sound bitter towards britney, n u now being embarrassed for having notification on for britney's and the fact that you do have your notification on for her ig is so funny lol :uknowit:

I mean i am myself a stan of our queen, but i dont have my notifications on for her ig, good for you :tiffanynod:

Oh sweaty it’s almost impossible to not be bitter about anything related to Britney rn in 2018:umok:

I don’t think Britney herself is an awful person or w/e, her work ethic and management though are beyond trash and definitely need some improvement before I even consider kissing her *** again. :badthoughts:

Also I have notifications on for several other accounts (family members/friends) bc I hardly check my phone for anything social media related. Like it’s not that deep. :cackling:

1 hour ago, Herumbra said:

wow i cant believe her c-ship is censoring her for being christian

It wouldn't be her conservators erasing the post - they're Christian themselves. It would be her record company. 

Christianity is getting a really bad rap right now thanks to Trump and his white supremacist evangelical supporters. Her record company probably wants to stay as far away from that as they can right now.

11 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Her Team probably didn't want religious posts on her Instagram because it's bad for her brand.

An example of why that's important (from an article on Gwen Stefani's Vegas residency):

"“Equity” is business-speak for precisely what Stefani had been accumulating for the last decade, and what she'd continue to add to in the years to come, whether through stints judging on The Voice, which she joined in 2014, or through her multiple magazine fashion spreads, many of which promoted little in particular save her continued relevance as a celebrity. She was building up the sort of celebrity equity that nothing — not a disappointing reunion album with No Doubt, not a video whose tone-deaf “cowboys and Indians” theme resulted in an internet backlash — could diminish. In a way, it was the kind of perfect, nonthreatening career trajectory that could eventually lead her to a lucrative Vegas residency.

To do so, however, Stefani had to do what all celebrities must do in order to turn themselves into a brand: flatten whatever edges might prove alienating to mass marketing. Young rock stars can be opinionated, but the face of a major makeup brand or a credit card company signs away that ability — or, at the very least, works to deemphasize anything that might seem controversial about them. For Stefani, that meant bending the mom/rock star dichotomy to focus directly on the “mom”; the tomboy glamour, the “girlish grunge,” turned, at least in most public appearances, mostly girlish and glamorous."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/annehelenpetersen/gwen-stefani-no-doubt-blake-shelton-the-voice#.mm5MbkOmrl

I genuinely don’t even know what the “Britney” brand is these days. 

1 minute ago, Chaoscontrol said:

I'm still waiting for the Alien MV:pensiveney: The album is def not one of my favorites, but Alien was a complete missed opportunity and quite frankly a gem among her discography :jlostare:

:crying1: Imagine the amazing video they could've scrapped if Alien was released as a single. They would've utlimately replaced the video for the live performance from POM show, but we would've get some behind the scenes blurred pic or gif like the original MM. 

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

:crying1: Imagine the amazing video they could've scrapped if Alien was released as a single. They would've utlimately replaced the video for the live performance from POM show, but we would've get some behind the scenes blurred pic or gif like the original MM. 

:mcorangu:

Archived