The Washington Post Review of POM Tour

Andrew338

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NiceSpears said:

But the thing is, as I said, the only ”bad” reactions or meltdowns are here on Exhale from people who have not been to the show, only watched videos. That’s not reviews. 

All the people attending the shows has loved it! And the reviews have been good, so don’t worry and DON’T take Exhale and the ppl here as a serious thing. Its trolls all ovahh this place.

Don’t worry dear :ahhh:

that`s because we focus on Britney when we watch the videos... when you`re there in person you`ll be slap by the lights, fireworks and the idea of seeing Britney Spears in flesh, so at the end her performance is still questionable 

2 hours ago, STJ said:

is this a positive or negative review?? :bthink:

nvm... this phrase alone "jazz-hands-on-Red-Bull" indicates its negative lol :mcorangu:

Yes, but the line "every instant crammed with movement from at least six major muscle groups" is definitely a compliment, since Britney barely exercises two muscle groups per dance number, let alone per every second of every song. :giggleney:

So I'd say it's a mixed review.

2 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Yes, but the line "every instant crammed with movement from at least six major muscle groups" is definitely a compliment, since Britney barely exercises two muscle groups per dance number, let alone per every second of every song. :giggleney:

So I'd say it's a mixed review.

1. hair flipping = neck muscle

2. right arm spasms = arm

3. knee bending = hamstring

4. *** shaking = glute

5. ?

6. ?

59 minutes ago, LostInAnImage said:

“It’s hard to remember Spears going this gonzo onstage back in her prime.”

(Gonzo means bizarre)

(No it doesn't) :wontcry: 

The word "gonzo" is believed to have been first used in 1970 to describe an article by Hunter S. Thompson, who later popularized the style.

I think it means that She immersed wholly in performance :tifftear:

14 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

That review was honest. He basically didn’t have anything positive to say so..

He should run then, run like a fat **** to be precise :queenflopga:

16 minutes ago, falka said:

The word "gonzo" is believed to have been first used in 1970 to describe an article by Hunter S. Thompson, who later popularized the style.

He should run then, run like a fat **** to be precise :queenflopga:

He isn’t using it in a good manner. Almost seems like he is saying she seems maniac. I think he even used the word. I’ll have to go reread. 

Britney needs to hear the truth tbh or there will never be improvement 

19 minutes ago, falka said:

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/gonzo

adjective

1. (of journalism, reportage, etc.) filled with bizarre or subjective ideas,commentary, or the like.

2. crazy; eccentric.

noun

3. eccentricity, weirdness, or craziness.

http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/gonzo

Main Entry: gonzo
Parts of Speech: adj
Definition: bizarre
Synonyms: crazy, far-fetched, insane, odd, strange, unconventional, weird, wild

Well... it’s the truth. They weren’t harsh as they could have been but they made some valid points. Her dancing is just movement from her ponytail to her toes but she is not actually performing anything just doing some crazy jazz hands on redbull and awkward out of sync spinning. 

Her lack of live vocals at this point is ridiculous. I can really see Britney performing original BOMT vocals at 50 years old... with no hesitation. :jlostare:

17 minutes ago, falka said:

:wontcry: She's one true eccentric insider. 

I (genuinely) applaud your ability to put a positive spin on everything. :bigkiss:

For those unaware, The Washington Post is one of the most respected journalistic outlets in the United States, and has been awarded with countless Pulitzer Prizes, a Peabody Award, etc for their excellence in investigative, national and international reporting. Hence, they are not going to write some shady Perez Hilton-esque review that’s filled with insults; the majority of their readers are well-read individuals with a particular interest in politics, and thus their journalists use rather recondite verbiage, expecting the reader to read between the lines, so to speak. That’s why it can be challenging to interpret some of their pop culture reviews. 

Hmm. This article seems repetitive. We know she lips. Of course point it out once. I think we all been saying sometimes she looks nervous on stage or picked up some odd mannerisms where sometimes it seems like she should just chill. Like chill fixing the bun. She did it in night two after work b. She can be chill and sensual during breathe on me and touch of my hand. This is a mixed review. The toxic intro is definitely idk hoe to say it. A little off without the tree spinning in slowly. They should rework the intro to it and use the bbma choreography again. I wonder why they took it out. I think we all agree that’s better. But it’s not like that’s a hard fix. Overall the show is good though. I’m worried if she does decide to take a xanny that we’ll get femme fataleney and I prefer jitterney.

Also, Willie needs to shave ha legs too lololol. 

5 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

Overall this is a good review. They said everything that everyone is thinking. Lots of dancing, movement and no singing. 

Its a very honest review its up to the reader to decide of this is neg or pos and I think her is saying that no one expected the 16 year old pop princess to know be performing how she does now

4 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

It's a good review, bashing her for not singing, but still good.

It's funny that most reviews are about her energy and **** outfits. They always say the show's full of dancing and that Britney doesn't stop for a second. When I read those reviews I think of Primeney :orangu:

She doesnt stop MOVING, her dancing is questionable

What a werid review... some things he says seem positive and some seem negative. It's not surprising he brings up her no singing, but by making almost the entire review aobut how she's constantly moving he's almost defending it? I would say it's a neutral review I guess? I think the review basically means if you're a big Britney fan you'll love it, if you're expecting something like Celine Dion belting out "my Heart will go on" it's not for you. 

Archived