The Washington Post Review of POM Tour

Andrew338

OMG I can’t with these nowadays reviews... Back at Circus Era, the media teared her down and the show was AWESOME compared with this **** she’s delivering! How can’t they compare with that post breakdown Tour? Seriously, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, because she’s CLEARLY not delivering the SAME! 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

I swear she gets better reviews than she did in her prime.  It’s scary.  But when you look at what passes for greatness in pop music nowadays I guess it makes sense.

I remember in her prime the media complained about her skin on HD television not looking flawless...  They would pick her apart about anything... I bet for the Vegas shows, in order for the media to get free tix, they have a contract with Planet Hollywood to not portray the show in a bad light.

7 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

embarrassing...

"When the drumless intro of “Toxic” unfurled softly and slowly, like an opiate lullaby, you may have felt yourself getting dizzy on the only ballad of the night. But was the star of the show hearing any of it? During that little gap in the chorus where the surf guitar part usually goes, Spears quite literally passed the tenths of seconds by spinning in circles."

but honestly the show was so bad that the review could have been 10x worse

Oh really? We must not have been at the same show because I liked it so much I got an account for the cestpool of negativity that is exhale- which night did you go? 

8 hours ago, it's Benja bitchh! said:

Oh really? We must not have been at the same show because I liked it so much I got an account for the cestpool of negativity that is exhale- which night did you go? 

you dont need to waste $300 to see that she had no energy, props, stage, charisma, crowd interaction, good choreography, or great changes. or to see the shitty costumes sweetie :weusay:

11 hours ago, jordeezy said:

I remember in her prime the media complained about her skin on HD television not looking flawless...  They would pick her apart about anything... I bet for the Vegas shows, in order for the media to get free tix, they have a contract with Planet Hollywood to not portray the show in a bad light.

now we know where the tour budget is going, paid for possitive reviews :uknowit:

49 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

you dont need to waste $300 to see that she had no energy, props, stage, charisma, crowd interaction, good choreography, or great changes. or to see the shitty costumes sweetie :weusay:

The critic speaks for themself

Many people who go to her shows love it as we can tell by the crowds that keep coming

1 minute ago, Cappycorn87 said:

People who went  to her shows have said great things

Critics never have and never will matter

Just because we, her stans, as her core audience will go to the show and enjoy it does not mean the show is objectively good or that she's a good performer these days though.

8 minutes ago, Golden said:

Just because we, her stans, as her core audience will go to the show and enjoy it does not mean the show is objectively good or that she's a good performer these days though.

The people who go to her shows love the shows after watching and that's all that matters

26 minutes ago, Golden said:

Objectivity in art  :uknowit: that's interesting subject :mhm:

30 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

The people who go to her shows love the shows after watching and that's all that matters

Lol, no, a friend of mine went to her latest show with 5 friends. They were all clapping during the show but once left they said it was crap and cheap looking and Britney was acting weird and dancing as stiff as a pole... No comments were made on her lipping cause they know she always do that. My friend said she just wanted to dig a hole and disappear as she was the only hardcore fan among them, while the others were there just for nostalgia. So no, many don't like the show and won't go seeing her ever again. 

1 minute ago, Lantis said:

Lol, no, a friend of mine went to her latest show with 5 friends. They were all clapping during the show but once left they said it was crap and cheap looking and Britney was acting weird and dancing as stiff as a pole... No comments were made on her lipping cause they know she always do that. My friend said she just wanted to dig a hole and disappear as she was the only hardcore fan among them, while the others were there just for nostalgia. So no, many don't like the show and won't go seeing her ever again. 

Understand there are many who enjoyed the show

That's why the people keep coming to her in 2018

18 hours ago, timito said:

I did go to Instagram but not for long and I did see a few good reviews. I’m going at the end of August to see her but with all those bad reviews and comments my perspective starts getting bad which I don’t like because I never thought before she was that bad only not as good as her prime, but something that’s normal to happen when you age and change. Maybe I should stop reading on and just wait for my show to enjoy it for what it is. 

Just go to the show and enjoy it. Don't keep thinking about whatever negativity you see online. I watched it twice when she comes to Asia and I enjoy it. so yup..

6 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Understand there are many who enjoyed the show

That's why the people keep coming to her in 2018

Most new people, not people who already saw her latest stuff live. She is loosing a lot of audience and my example was just a proof of that. 

So, this POM Tour already has a reason to exist, at least to me: it introduced me to Chris Richards. Lol.

Seriously, this is an amazing review and it pretty much sums up everything that’s wrong / unsettling about current Britney. And this guy’s review of Taylor Swift’s concert is EVEN BETTER.

Like, this is f**king brilliant. And the salty swifties crying in the comments section make it even better.

Archived