Nothing’s right with Britney as an artist

jecho

2 hours ago, BritneySpearsGr said:

I agree with you.

she is over, and I don’t see any intention of correcting things

the show is really cheap indeed and boring! 

Plus Britney lives in her own world! She thinks its just “fun and cool” and that’s all

as far as people are going  to see her, she will think that what she is doing is cool

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Janet Jackson's State of the World tour in September, and that show had 20x the energy than Britney plus live vocals, good choreo and a narrative/story throughout the whole show. The production value wasn't even close to POM, yet the show was a billion times better - and a fraction of the ticket price.

Guest Brichney.

Today's Britney is everything BUT an artist tbh. She was an artist back in the 2000s, now she's just a poser who does the strict minimum to get paid. It's actually disrespectful how much she disrespects her own fans. She does NOTHING for her fans. It's all for herself and her team, whatever benefits them. She hasn't evolved at all. Au contraire, she has backed off as an artist.  

37 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

She already talked about it in For The Records but on her terms

Exactly, she herself said that she's been running away during 2007 and it's obvious she is still doing the same thing but this time it involves her fans/others who pay to see her or for her music.

If you want to keep making money, you have to put in effort in what you do like everyone else. And before you say then just don't buy anything: Everyone who goes to a concert has an opinion afterwards, no matter how much you like the artist or not. Are we suppose to lie to protect precious little Britney who puts her stuff out there for it to be inevitably judged? What is the point of doing that except for treating her like a little child which any normal adult would hate? :receipts2:

The only reason we sane fans talk about this is because we know that she can do better and know that she deserves to be threated like a damn adult. It's sad to see someone being ripped to shreds you like all the damn time.

Anyway, this topic has been relevant since 2008 and nothing has changed so it's pointless. But I guess I still like her enough to become this passionate about her career :divaney:

1 hour ago, Cappycorn87 said:

It's called having bills to pay and the cost ofliving whereever you live at

Never a crime to make money

i think its funny that some  of you think britney legit works to support herself as if she would be struggling financially if she didn't perform so much lmao

she's one of the biggest names in pop music, globally, of all time... she doesn't have to work another day in her life 

11 minutes ago, jordanmtaylor said:

i think its funny that some  of you think britney legit works to support herself as if she would be struggling financially if she didn't perform so much lmao

she's one of the biggest names in pop music, globally, of all time... she doesn't have to work another day in her life 

Money goes out so have to keep it coming in.

6 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Yes but so much money goes out because there's so much coming in. If she didn't have such a high income then she wouldn't be required to pay as much child support for example.

Also she could scale down her lifestyle a bit if money was an issue?

Anyway none of that is really relevant, she could still make **** loads of money, the same in fact by doing a few things that fans would like. Classier costumes, better timing when she dances, not as much hair touching, singing a song live. Ok the costumes is the only one out of them that would cost a bit more but it would surely balance out as many more people would go and see her!

17 minutes ago, jordanmtaylor said:

Literally. Just the money her perfumes make and her singles on the radio etc will keep her afloat for years to come. Not to mention the tens of millions she has in her bank accounts. 

She could very easily limit herself to $1million a year and live a happy, fulfilled life 

I’d say we’re all at fault for continuing to support Britney’s empire.  If you’re truly not happy with the product she’s selling but continue to buy it nobody is ever going to wake up and realize they can’t keep pulling the **** they’ve been for the past 10 years.  

I’m annoyed with Britney for not wanting to be better.  I find it hard to believe she thinks she’s looking as amazing on the stage as she did in the past.  She’s not stupid.  I understand that she may not be able to dance like before and there could be reasons for it that we will never know but that doesn’t excuse the costumes and not wanting to do a spectacle of a concert.  Oh, and at least one live ballad would be nice.  Britney could at least work on her live vocals if she can’t or doesn’t want to be a hard core dancer anymore.

im also annoyed with her team.  There’s no excuse for not moving some of the props from Vegas.  Yes, it’s a theater tour but the Axis was also a theater.  I know that POM was designed for the Axis and vice versa, but those props are movable....make it work!  We’re not asking for everything, but most of it can travel.  If it can’t, create something that can.  Also, they have to know the costumes need work and they should also know that a spectacle could hide the fact that she isn’t the Britney we all fell in love with years ago.

We have been taken for granted for far to long now.  I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for my show next week but I’ll have to think before I buy another ticket.

Guest Brichney.
6 hours ago, Kartofelek said:

she's an entertainer, not an artist. 

You miss the point. But even that is a reach, she once was a talented entertainer and a good artist. Now the creativity has died, she's no longer an artist, just a product, and it's not entertaining anymore, I mean she even gave us BJ, an album that has her name on it but features vocals from another person. It's embarrassing to watch. 

29 minutes ago, Cappycorn87 said:

she makes more with her perfumes than when she performs on stage i think she will be fine if she didn't perform anymore. not that i wish she didn't perform i only wished she put more of her personality and heart into her performances and actually interacts like she used to do with the crowd.

9 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

You miss the point. But even that is a reach, she once was a talented entertainer and a good artist. Now the creativity has died, she's no longer an artist, just a product, and it's not entertaining anymore, I mean she even gave us BJ, an album that has her name on it but features vocals from another person. It's embarrassing to watch. 

Honestly, this is my opinion. Im not saying you have to agree with it but you don’t have to try and make me change my mind either.. I don’t feel that I missed the point merely because I disagree with you and some others? 

Some  fans are so wrapped up in her past that they are missing out on the growth in the last 8 years. Saying she hasn’t grown as an artist is a huge disservice to the wonderful album that was Glory and the consistent evidence of her involvement in that album. BJ was how long ago? Let’s let it go! 

Even the greats have a bad album in their discography... (In my opinion MDNA is Madonnas worst)

Bottom line, I was at the show last night and in person it was phenomenal. Britney was engaging, and energetic the entire show! What more do you want from a show? 

I’ve seen Taylor, Ariana, RHCP, Beyoncé, Pink and many more and Britney may not be the best entertainer anymore but she is without a doubt one of the best of our time- even currently. 

I think as Stans some people have a hard time letting go of what was in order to enjoy what is.... that’s a toxic mentality (no pun intended lol)

Should she be lip syncing so much? No of course not but she still put on a great show in spite of something that significant- that’s an entertainer! I enjoyed myself and so did the audience and I think some of you should just relax a little bit and relish in the fact that she’s at least enjoying herself and still doing this 20years in. She’s a great entertainer and I’m proud of her hard work.  This whole “lazy” theory I keep seeing is tired and feels highly inaccurate. I don’t think anyone knows what she’s doing 24/7 anymore and therefore you have no idea what she’s been up to. 

After the show last night I’ve spent the whole day revisiting her catalog etc. and I disagree with the statement that the creativity has died. I think she merely needs a team refresh to channel the energy in the right avenues and more control over her own career. (If you truly believe she has the control she deserves at this level with the conservatorship still in place is a silly thought.) I think that would make a world of difference. 

Anyways sorry for the novel, just thought it would be cool to discuss! 

54 minutes ago, Ringleader34 said:

I’d say we’re all at fault for continuing to support Britney’s empire.  If you’re truly not happy with the product she’s selling but continue to buy it nobody is ever going to wake up and realize they can’t keep pulling the **** they’ve been for the past 10 years.  

Exactly. I personally didn't buy a single album/single since Femme Fatale and the last and only tour I went to was the Femme Fatale tour in 2011. But then again she didn't tour here in Germany since the FFT anyway...I think? Glory was a good album but I stopped stanning for her like in early 2013 and came back this year so I didn't buy it. I kind of have a good feeling for her next album because I feel like she's gotten more confident since 2008 even though I don't like POM.

Archived