"Time to move on

The AXIS at Planet Hollywood - Las Vegas

We decided to do Vegas for New Years partly because we had been wanting to see Britney before she finished -- so we were excited to see her perform. However, I feel this show would actually be better without her. She didn't really sing, and her dancing was basically skipping around the stage and putting her hands up. The choreography extended to the backup dancers, who showed signs of brilliance, but it felt like they were requested to tone it down a bit to prevent upstaging Britney. Overall, I think they'd do better to give her music the Michael Jackson experience and just CGI her onto the stage. "

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m really not surprised by this review, and honestly when she tours large stadiums in Europe I don’t think the reception will be great.

She’s essentially performed for 4000 fans a few nights a week every other month for 4 years. We have gotten used to the fact she literally sings nothing, she doesn’t really dance very much, some of her dance breaks are actually terrible (like, really terrible), costumes are largely crap, hair and makeup are often a complete mess and she has developed a whole array of tics.

I don’t think the public are prepared for just how messy Britney has got. We praise her for an extra hair flip or a wink or any sign of personality. The GP will not be so forgiving.

7 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

I’m really not surprised by this review, and honestly when she tours large stadiums in Europe I don’t think the reception will be great.

She’s essentially performed for 4000 fans a few nights a week every other month for 4 years. We have gotten used to the fact she literally sings nothing, she doesn’t really dance very much, some of her dance breaks are actually terrible (like, really terrible), costumes are largely crap, hair and makeup are often a complete mess and she has developed a whole array of tics.

I don’t think the public are prepared for just how messy Britney has got. We praise her for an extra hair flip or a wink or any sign of personality. The GP will not be so forgiving.

I agree to a point. The Asian leg ppl didn’t really say anything, which I actually was surprised by. 

1 minute ago, rck92 said:

Can’t say I disagree. Even my mom dances with more energy. And she’s 57. What your excuse Brit? :ririshade1:

she is a human and humans have bad days... and Britney has bad days for almost every show she does. We cant expect her to drink a **** ton of coffee or red bull before and not look like a zombie who doesnt give a ****. :quirkney:

8 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I agree to a point. The Asian leg ppl didn’t really say anything, which I actually was surprised by. 

That's true! I was pleasantly shocked, especially with the lack of production etc and the Slave miming disaster.

However, I think culturally Asian media is currently full of 'performers' with upbeat pop and singing isn't a massive issue at the minute. Plus I think a lot of die hard fans there hadn't seen her in over a decade and were so happy to see her.

I have a feeling European audiences, especially at places like the random German festival are now used to a different kind of concert. Here in the UK/Ireland live singing is a bench mark now. I don't think her 90's American style of bubblegum cheerleader dance and miming will translate well to audiences here. Also I don't think she has that level of cultural interest and fandom in Europe so much any more, the way Asian audiences were really excited to have her over, I don't think it's the same here.

BUT I could be completely wrong and hope I am! I just think if that Slave 4 U mask debacle happened in Manchester she would be DESTROYED.

7 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

she is a human and humans have bad days... and Britney has bad days for almost every show she does. We cant expect her to drink a **** ton of coffee or red bull before and not look like a zombie who doesnt give a ****. :quirkney:

Exactly my point. But hey, who wouldn’t be tired of singing the same old songs for over 20 years? I would be tired too.

34 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

That's true! I was pleasantly shocked, especially with the lack of production etc and the Slave miming disaster.

However, I think culturally Asian media is currently full of 'performers' with upbeat pop and singing isn't a massive issue at the minute. Plus I think a lot of die hard fans there hadn't seen her in over a decade and were so happy to see her.

I have a feeling European audiences, especially at places like the random German festival are now used to a different kind of concert. Here in the UK/Ireland live singing is a bench mark now. I don't think her 90's American style of bubblegum cheerleader dance and miming will translate well to audiences here. Also I don't think she has that level of cultural interest and fandom in Europe so much any more, the way Asian audiences were really excited to have her over, I don't think it's the same here.

BUT I could be completely wrong and hope I am! I just think if that Slave 4 U mask debacle happened in Manchester she would be DESTROYED.

That is true. It was over a decade some didn’t see her. 

Honestly its time they get called out. It needed to happen since 2011 and especially after bj. 

I feel like it’s the climate we are in. Most of us assume she has some kind of mental health problem so I feel no one wants to call out how bad things are in fear of looking insensitive. 

23 minutes ago, BritneyRebellion said:

It's very true though. Britney hasn't been right since 2010-2011, she looks tired all the time. I think it's her strong meds they put her on after her 2010 breakdown. No energy or passion for lighting vanilla candles never mind a full concert. Poor girl.. :xfactorlook:

she has passion for other things. If she was sooo tired from her meds I doubt she would be doing this

tumblr_owjtjh7W5r1tw89w1o3_400.giftumblr_owjtjh7W5r1tw89w1o4_400.giftumblr_owjtjh7W5r1tw89w1o1_400.giftumblr_oqxywfokqp1swazh0o2_250.gifbritney-spears-work-out-exercise-ball(1)1lgn7tm.gif

Archived