Why Britney never performed My Prerogative?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe it reminds her of Kevin Federline :yaknow: Just like how she never performed Criminal (it could've been added to FFT, when she was still with Jason, but it was almost over when the single came out)

Or maybe she feels it's like a strange song to perform. If you think about it, it's not a song that can be choreographed, I mean they could (after they choreographed a song like Make Me...) but it would be weird. It's more of a song just to be performed live, but we won't even go there...

She definitely remembers it since it kinda, almost appeared as an interlude during the FFT, but who knows.

The truth is we don't know which songs she likes, dislikes, or has forgotten about, because POM lasted for so long, like, had Glory gotten a whole new show/tour we would've seen which songs stayed/ were added, and maybe the setlist would be very different.

I have always wondered this. it is obviously far better than her other covers. it would have easily fit the theme of piece of me, plus non-Britney fans and vegas would have recognized the song because it is such a huge hit on its on. I always figured there was something about her not having complete rights to the song.  it is honestly one of the most underappreciated and slept on songs of her catalogue.  the music video was amazing and great choreo could have been made for a live performance.  out of all the songs she has never performed, that is probably the one I want the most.  

I am glad I am not the only fan that likes this song. I always see people  in other threads talking about the most underappreciated songs but I think I am the only one that brings up MP.

9 hours ago, umr3000 said:

It’s such a shame she’s never performed “My Prerogative” - I can imagine it being performed live - A live band with Britney standing behind a mic giving great vocals with a couple of backing singers. 

I love you guys, but why you keep desiring these kind of performance? Brit is nothing like that
and tbh I wouldn't appreciate a thing like that.... I'd be so not Britney!

You should stan Adele men!

11 hours ago, Goku said:

Simply: choosing "I love flop and backrolls" over this masterpiece is a dumb choice. She's dumb.

Stream TLIC even if it sucks. :mj:

Disagree. The ILR&R performances were epic compared to the rest of **** of me.

Plus, quite surely she did not choose the songs for POM2 herself.

5 hours ago, sibode said:

I love you guys, but why you keep desiring these kind of performance? Brit is nothing like that
and tbh I wouldn't appreciate a thing like that.... I'd be so not Britney!

You should stan Adele men!

Firstly, Britney may not be THAT artist but she has shown flashes of versatility in her performances for example when she performed a version of “You Outta Know” by Alanise Morrisette on tour - now this is the type of performance I was envisaging for Britney with “My Prerogative”. Also may I remind you of several “I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman” and “Everytime” performances which had similar set ups to what I proposed for “My Prerogative”. 

And secondly, I am a fan of Adele, already. 

7 minutes ago, umr3000 said:

Firstly, Britney may not be THAT artist but she has shown flashes of versatility in her performances for example when she performed a version of “You Outta Know” by Alanise Morrisette on tour - now this is the type of performance I was envisaging for Britney with “My Prerogative”. Also may I remind you of several “I’m Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman” and “Everytime” performances which had similar set ups to what I proposed for “My Prerogative”. 

And secondly, I am a fan of Adele, already. 

I'm not saying that Britney could not do that! She'd be able to do whatever she wants (that's the thing)... but I'm just saying... a LIVE BAND??
That's really not the EDM POP music she does! “You Outta Know” performance didn't need a band presence! (Was there a band?... really, I can't remember)... 

I LOVE Adele.

47 minutes ago, sibode said:

I'm not saying that Britney could not do that! She'd be able to do whatever she wants (that's the thing)... but I'm just saying... a LIVE BAND??
That's really not the EDM POP music she does! “You Outta Know” performance didn't need a band presence! (Was there a band?... really, I can't remember)... 

I LOVE Adele.

I get what your saying BUT Britney has performed many times with a live band for example on “Dream Within A Dream” tour. 

I LOVE Adele too :-) 

15 hours ago, Hungry Hun said:

Bobby went to court to prevent Britney to perform his song. MP was critically aclaimed, like a total reivention of the song and the music video was iconic. Maybe he was afraid of "Britney's apropriation". At least thats what I read about it like 2 years ago.

If someone can confirm or debunk this, please let me know :donewithit:

Britney cover is never touching the original

20 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

1. It's a cover song

2. It came from greatest hits album and after that she went into hiatus and after it she has only performed better known songs or promoting new songs

3. She probably forget the whole song :jlostare:

1. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction, The Beat Goes On, I Love Rock n Roll, You Oughta Know, Burning Up and Something To Talk About all say hi. :chershade:

2. Do Somethin' though... And as for better known songs, who in the GP knows Get Naked over My Prerogative? Really, sis? :eheeek:

3. So then why would they reference it in both the Circus and Femme Fatale tours? :reductive:

OP, the real reason is because Bobby Brown has gone on record saying he hates Britney's version, and if I remember correctly, he even tried to sue her over it. So that's probably why she doesn't perform it.

Remember the Marilyn Manson interlude at Circus tour? They were originally supposed to shoot the same visuals but for My Prerogative. Her team made the choice not to after all of the conservatorship drama. They felt that (because Britney *literally* needed permission to make her own decisions) that it would draw too much attention/criticism (basically setting her up for further ridicule). Honestly the Marilyn Manson lip sync session was way cooler IMO.

Guest Brichney.
22 hours ago, Stannedforever said:

1. It's a cover song

2. It came from greatest hits album and after that she went into hiatus and after it she has only performed better known songs or promoting new songs

3. She probably forget the whole song :jlostare:

I Love Rock N Roll is also a cover song! 

Archived