Why do some fans want so badly for Britney to have a 'Ray of Light?'

For Britney to revive her career she needs to:

make a groundbreaking, deep and artistic album like Ray Of Light

new makeup and new stylist 

much better stage outfits (no more slutty bikinis) 

much better choreography (DWAD tour, Onyx Hotel tour) 

an outstanding show like Dream Within A Dream Tour or Onyx Hotel Tour (not something cheep looking like POM 2018 tour) 

perform at VMAs/Grammys/BBMAs and sing at least one song completely live and continue singing live a lot 

actual good single choices and actual promotion

I really wish Britney the best and hope my Queen gets her freedom ❤️

• Like 2

I think expecting Ray of Light from Britney is dumb and not realistic at all. But what would be great to see is more honesty, authenticity, collaborating with maybe 1-2 people, not 40. Writing her own material by herself or with 1 other person. 

Being more open about the struggles, not ignoring them and turning them into tabu topics. But I guess she could only do that if she went indie... wishful thinking 

I kind of wish fans would stop expecting pop stars have other pop stars moments. Ray of light came during a specific time in Madonnas life and pop culture, so it worked for her. Same way the Emancipation of mimi came for Mariah and Blackout came for Britney.

Fans need to accept that pop stars can create their own avenues and lanes in music. Yes, they can dabble in others lanes for inspiration, but for us to ask them re-create the same magic is preposterous.

There will never be another Madonna, Janet, Mariah, Whitney or Britney. Move on from this narrative already 🙈

• Like 2
On 6/9/2018 at 8:49 AM, reecejwilson said:

What do you think of Britney doing something like this? 

This was iconic back in the day and I still love to watch it sometimes.  Britney did have several iconic moments though  that no one could ever top, not even her.  I would just love to see her again on stage doing anything at this point

• Like 2
  • Super Mods

8 hours ago, ColdAsFire88 said:

I kind of wish fans would stop expecting pop stars have other pop stars moments. Ray of light came during a specific time in Madonnas life and pop culture, so it worked for her. Same way the Emancipation of mimi came for Mariah and Blackout came for Britney.

Fans need to accept that pop stars can create their own avenues and lanes in music. Yes, they can dabble in others lanes for inspiration, but for us to ask them re-create the same magic is preposterous.

There will never be another Madonna, Janet, Mariah, Whitney or Britney. Move on from this narrative already 🙈

Right? Like I feel Britney already had her Ray of Light. I mean people are raving about how it was a game changer and all that...isn’t Blackout like that? She’s not Madonna so she’s not gonna take on her music as if she’s Madonna. Artists create what they feel and that’s where the best stuff is at when they really feel what they are putting out. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 2:29 PM, samwoods321 said:

Madonna strongest talent is videoography. She can't sing, dance or act well

Can i just say to you this? ROL is far from basic garbage like you said .

And then you claim that M is only good at concepts and videography qbd saying she aint good in other areas?!? you dude, can i just say to you, this as for dancing, i aknowledge Brit is an amazing dancer (especially in her prime), but you claim M cant.. Dude, FYI Madonna is a versatile, excellent and well-trained dancer and she has actually studied dance and she can dance everything and she is just as flexible as Brit was, but still i aknowledge Brit is awesome too though.

For their voice, M has a decent voice, but when Brit was a child she was better than M, sadly her lame team destroyed her voice.

For acting, well....... :janet:

So now, GET OUT

people miss the point when they think it's about the sound of the album or even the specific lyrical content. tho sonically i think ray of light is one of the best of all time easy, it was of it's time--it blended some pretty wild, disparate sounds and concepts that by definition of ray of light existing have now been done. i don't want britney to try and copy it's sound. it's also not about the lyrical content--it would be inauthentic and dull to just copy what the lyrics are about. ray of light touches upon madonna's relationship with and history in the media--different from britneys. it discusses newfound motherhood in mid adulthood--britney's kids are teens and she had them in her mid 20s anyway. they just have different lives, copying the lyrical content wouldn't make any sense and would be the antithesis of ray of light.

ray of light is important because of what it meant for the artist. it was:

-experimental. something she had never done but had the vision for. broke new ground and redefined her as an artist. 

-growth. not entirely independent of experimentation, but madonna showed major growth here. it was part of why her age was an important factor in thinking of it. she started out in her mid 20s, and was making music before that even. by the time ray of light happened, madonna had been in the game 15 years. we saw her sound evolve many times but most apparent in ray of light, she wasn't static--she was dynamic and ever changing, and her music reflected that.

-meaningful. specifically, meaningful to her. Plenty of those songs, in a vacuum, may not be personal. shanti/ashtangi could sound entirely impersonal, but when you know madonna was exploring spirituality and mysticism at the time, it takes on meaning. that song had zero commercial appeal, for ****s sake it was in sanskrit. it was for HER. ray of light was for madonna, even if it was also meant to make money. 

ray of light was a new page in madonna's life as an artist. it was unexpected, it was revolutionary, it was the essence of the artist. confessions was a good dance album but was clearly more of a way to prove she could still succeed commercially. it was great but nowhere near as revolutionary in sound and image. more like an updated, modern version of her first album when she was the new dance queen. ray of light equivalents can be seen, most famously the remainder of the 97/98 quartet: impossible princess, velvet rope, butterfly. other examples exist. lemonade is possibly the beyonce equivalent. if beyonce can go from naughty girl & upgrade u & etc --> love drought & formation & pray you catch me & sandcastles & etc etc etc...britney can. and i want to see it. blackout comes close but it's more like, equivalent to like janet. to me imo. how life went blocked her from that next step, realization of britney as an artist, whoever that may be!

• Love 1
  • 4 months later...

Honestly ROL is not Britney at all. I would never expect something of that caliber from her. I feel like Madonna is very thought provoking and unapologetic, while Britney is more guarded and a down to earth girl. Madonna has always been very avant garde and very political . Britney is more fun, dance, **** pop. What I would like from Britney is a good pop album where she can showcase her vocals. I would love an acoustic album where her vocals can shine through or an unplugged album. I don’t think Britney should do any more “personal” albums. They are tired and fans always expect something life changing, but end up falling short. 

• Like 1