Why do some fans want so badly for Britney to have a 'Ray of Light?'

I get what you mean. 

But Madonna is so hands on, Plus this began an album trilogy. 

Plus Madonna was well known for working with producers that nobody knew. 

William Orbit, Mirwais, Guy Sigsworth. 

Plus Beginning with Erotica.

Madonna became an albums artist, Singles getting success was a full on surprise. Cos she didn't make filler Music. 

Like somebody said. 

Prince, Michael Jackson and Madonna are perfect examples of filler tracks being great for them, but bad for other acts. 

Not Many people are known for putting out bad albums. Bad songs and weak singles choices all 3 are guilty. But they gave the better tracks as Album tracker. 

Hint it's rare to find album's artists in a singles era. 

Reviews of GHV2 (Greatest hits volume 2) most critics loved the album. But all pointed out. Unlike Madonna's The immaculate collection, which is still to this day the most praised greatest hits album to date, Even greatest hits my prerogative got mixed reception. 

GHV2 while praised was well known where Madonna traded commercial success for Album artists territory. 

See, when Ray of light came out, it was at a time when Madonnas star-power and relevancy declined, when the mid-early 90s rolled. Also not to mention Madonna tarnished reputation the GP had of her after her controversial 1992 release. Whether you enjoy her early 90s albums or not, you cannot deny, that for Madonnas standards, Tica, Bedtime stories and Something to remember under-performed despite selling 8-10 million each, especially after the immense success of like a prayer.

So when Ray of light came out, it became Madonnas most successful album and most critically acclaimed body of work since Like a prayer. As critcs were narrow-minded back then, they thought of Madonna as a bad pop artist, but this album truly changed their perception of her and showed her true artistry. Not to mention, the amount of success ROL received. No.2 debut with 371k sales, 2 huge-hit singles (Ray of light and frozen), Best-selling album from Warner music company in the Asia-pacific region, and 20 million copies sold WW.

That is why we want Britney's own ROL. To rejuvenate her success back, and to change the perception of hers towards the GP and critics. It doesn't HAVE to be a spiritual or ominous experience, but it should definitely have innovative, fresh songs from amazing producers.  If she does release her own ROL after she leaves the guardianship, then the critics will no more see her as the manufactured cant-sing popstar.

3 hours ago, Style. said:

Britney has Blackout and In The Zone tho. :tired:

They are Britneys own ROL, but the issue was that both of the albums were released in Britneys downfall era. Even tho ITZ was successful, Blackout was a commercial failure. However, at the time, it was pretty hip to make fun of britney spears, and most of the critics were very biased and would put her personal struggles over the music. If ITZ and Blackout werent released in that time, it wouldve been universally acclaimed.

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Reviews of GHV2 (Greatest hits volume 2) most critics loved the album. But all pointed out. Unlike Madonna's The immaculate collection, which is still to this day the most praised greatest hits album to date, Even greatest hits my prerogative got mixed reception. 

Singles collection was universally acclaimed tho

I think the "Ray of Light" concept fits so well right now.
After all this conservationship drama, her posts and the fact she always bring her boys as something really important into her life.

I mean thats exactly Ray of Light concept: after all the *** theme, Madonna releases an espiritual album and after her first child was born.

This album is so iconic, so deep and there is also great dance music like: ray of light

10/10. Please Britney take all the grammy nominations and awards, YOU DESERVE IT AFTER ALL THIS HELL 

• Love 2
On 2/18/2020 at 6:15 AM, Puppy said:

I think she knows that but her team doesn’t. Look at how the lyrics for Glory has more mature lyrics (besides clumsy but then again Larry insisted on that song so go figure) I’m sure she has lots of songs about other things but her team doesn’t allow them because it’s not the image they want to sell. 

On 2/18/2020 at 4:20 AM, GMFlop said:

Because Britney is too old to sing about party, boys and *** and need a mature album that a 40 years old would do. 

NAH.

this commentary is so rude, machist and misogynist.
She can sing and talk about whatever she wants to and use things like " too old for that" DEF is disgusting

• Like 1

ROL really is an amazing album and truly lives up to the hype. Everyone wants Britney to have a ROL bc it was very creative and innovative. It really took pop to another level - very emotional and unique. There's really nothing like that album out there. Everyone saying it wasn't good or overrated probably wasn't even around at that time. Everyone was impressed with what Madonna was doing and it was very critically acclaimed plus major award winning.

If Britney had her "Ray of Light" now, it would be a bunch of songs like the song "My Baby" on Circus :quirkney:

Britney's creativity peak was from 2004-2006, Original Doll would have been her "Ray of Light", unlike Ray of Light though, it would have likely been one of those albums that was a commercial failure but a critical success. I still have somewhat hope she can have an album like this in the future but if she's out of the conservatorship. I don't see her doing anymore album though if she is out of the conservatorship which is fine because all that matters is that she's happy :) 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1