Why do some fans want so badly for Britney to have a 'Ray of Light?'

I have always wanted her to have a Ray of Light. But what does that mean? It means an 'artistic' album that is about more than ***, love, relationships, dancing, partying... people feel insecure about the fact that they love a pop star, because people think pop stars are frivolous, and Ray of Light is not at all a frivolous album

Very few pop stars actually release something like a Ray of Light. Even greats like Janet, Kylie, Whitney, and Mariah never really had an album like that. The spiritual thing is very much Madonna's zone; other pop stars haven't really gone as deep as she has into thinking about that stuff. It's also evident on Madonna's other albums (Nothing Fails - American Life, Isaac - Confessions, Wash All Over Me - Rebel Heart, etc). 

I think fans should accept that, barring some late-career stunner a la Confessions On a Dance Floor, Blackout is likely to remain Britney's best album. And that's a great ****ing achievement, because very few pop stars have recorded an album as good as Blackout. 

britney-ray-of-light.jpg

• Love 1

ray of ligh is madonna's masterpiece. it is inspired by buddhism, mysticism and religions. that album has philosophy. it's the only pop album like that. lyrics are incredible, william orbit did amazing job, frozen is legendary quality song, nothing else matters, power of good-bye, ray of light, drowned world/substitute for love are amazing singles as well. madonna showed world she is such a genius woman. and as a britney fan i want her a album like ray of light from her. if you ask why? britney is soulful , believes in magic, and her idol is madonna. i know they're so different artists but i know britney can handle it. 

imagine britney records songs like these.. how can i want more? :wontcry:

• Love 1
  • Like 5
29 minutes ago, Dreamer26 said:

She needs Confessions on a dance floor a.k.a best album of Madge. It will work for Britney. She needs dance music she needs songs like Tom's Dinner. But I think Glory 2.0 is coming and I'm not here for it.

I do think she needs a Confessions more than a Ray of Light right now.

They are Madonna's two masterpieces IMO; I have posters of both album covers on my wall, next to my posters of the album covers of Blackout and In the Zone and Singles Collection lol

• Love 1
  • Like 3
27 minutes ago, jordeezy said:

Ray of Light is so overrated.... it was cool at the time, I assume, but unlistenable now

Bullshit... Frozen, Nothing Really Matters, Sky Fits Heaven, To Have and Not to Hold, Ray of Light, The Power of Good-bye...FLAWLESS

There are a few bad misfires (Swim, Candy Perfume Girl, Little Star, Mer Girl), but what's good on the album is so brilliant that it hardly matters

• Like 6
23 minutes ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Bullshit... Frozen, Nothing Really Matters, Sky Fits Heaven, To Have and Not to Hold, Ray of Light, The Power of Good-bye...FLAWLESS

There are a few bad misfires (Swim, Candy Perfume Girl, Little Star, Mer Girl), but what's good on the album is so brilliant that it hardly matters

Frozen is the saving grace of that album, tbh.  

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Someone Who Knows said:

The only song on ROL I think falls short of incredible is Candy Perfume Girl tbh... Swim is fab, Little Star was a cute tribute to her child, and Mer Girl was the perfect way to end the album on a spiritual note. Plus, it gave us this...

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Dreamer26 said:

She needs Confessions on a dance floor a.k.a best album of Madge. It will work for Britney. She needs dance music she needs songs like Tom's Dinner. But I think Glory 2.0 is coming and I'm not here for it.

YES!! Finally I hear it from someone else!  :hype:  She would kill a Confessions/ Disco/ Euro Pop themed album. Or maybe something like A Public Affair from JSimp. That would be FaBuLoUs!!  :liberatedaf:   :carpoolney:   :riri:

• Like 1

ROL was innovative, uber creative, a disrupter, a vision. I'm sorry but Britney will never. I think she was on her way but then she lost her creative streak during her breakdown. The Original Doll concept seemed pretty interesting but nothing like ROL standards. And then she scrapped it all and started recording songs that other people wrote for her (which were amazing but nothing like a ROL album). And she's been doing that since.

• Like 3