Why do some fans want so badly for Britney to have a 'Ray of Light?'

36 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Actually Original Doll was shaping up to be her Erotica. You can verify what im saying by looking at the confirmed cover

8274841.png?420

as well as both albums have dark mood, (Mona Lisa, ML&H, Ouch, Peep Show, Fallin, Pulse etc.) 

When was this cover ever confirmed? I'm pretty sure its fan made.

The only track ever confirmed for Original Doll was Mona Lisa. The others you mentioned are In The Zone outtakes. Original Doll might have been her Ray of Light but thinking about it now, if it were mostly just songs like Mona Lisa that were darker, it probs would have been her own The Velvet Rope. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

it probs would have been her own The Velvet Rope

19 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

her Ray of Light

Its still ITZ. BUT Britney wanted again a Velvet Rope/Janet vibe with BJ (Britney Jean was also supposed to be BO 2.0, remember?) As well as to be her personal record. Listening to Alien, Brightest Morning star, Dont Cry (the only songs Britney did her own vocals after her team hired Myah added mayah voice and ruined it), she really wanted a certain sound

• Love 1

I’ve always viewed In The Zone as being something between a Ray of Light (Touch of My Hand, Breath on Me) and janet. (Early Morning) with some of her own spin.

Blackout is her opus so far, which is great because it feels like it’s hard to compare it to anything. I wouldn’t write off future releases making a big impact though. If her cship status ever changes, people will be anxious to hear from her. And we know the queen can deliver.

britney spears GIF by iHeartRadio

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, filmandstage13 said:

janet.

I always viewed the Britney album as her Control and janet.

Slave 4 U and If. Janet's song and video If is the general blueprint for Brit.

Overprotected and thats the way love goes

Lonely and What About, sound indentical and identical lyrics

INAGNYAW and Again

Boys and Nasty

Anticipating and All For You

Cinderella and Control

Bombastic Love and You Aint Right.

Shell never be me, Am I A Sinner and Mad Love are Janet-sound-alike too