Glory's album sales are embarrassing

Body ache

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Brad Adamson said:

This,

do you know if there was any truth to them blocking any future releases until she hands them a full promo strategy?

I only saw that on Twitter, so take it with a grain of salt. However, I seriously hope that's the plan. They need to push her into promoting more than just the lead single. Show her how hard she's flopping. And if she really, truly HATES promoting that much then stop making music formulated for the charts. Stay off the trends and produce something left lane.

11 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I only saw that on Twitter, so take it with a grain of salt. However, I seriously hope that's the plan. They need to push her into promoting more than just the lead single. Show her how hard she's flopping. And if she really, truly HATES promoting that much then stop making music formulated for the charts. Stay off the trends and produce something left lane.

I wish it was true, because I think it would be one of the best things that could happen to her career at this point. 

On 11/16/2017 at 11:52 PM, CrAzAY said:

That's almost what she did, do you wanna come over was a buzz single released before the album came out. This would not have helped. 

I think she needed a better lead single. Unpopular opinion here but make me is not the tea. She needed a powerhouse first single and I think the vulnerability on just luv me would have smashed as a second single after she got everyone's attention with the first single. A Liar remix might have worked and if they used some of those awesome vocal runs they hid. Or a remix of love me down, and when I say remix I just mean a slight remix like crazy and overprotected, some of the songs just needed some harder hitting beats and base. And other than that she needed to do promo and charm the **** out of America like she knows how tf to do!

:beyfedup:

I just thought Make Me was a little more experimental for a Britney lead single. DYWCO is classic Britney pop sound that the GP know from her, so if they weren't feeling Make Me, this song would've given them what they want from her. So with the proper single release treatment (radio release, music video, promo performances), the song would've helped sell Glory. But being a buzz single...only her fans were checking for the song. 

I agree a Liar remix would've been good too and i agree with everything u was saying :urite:

On 11/16/2017 at 11:54 PM, Body ache said:

I feel like Liar would have been a good single for her considering it was the highest peaking album track on itunes when the album was released.

My friend at work wasnt feeling the album when she streamed the preview snippets on iTunes, but I told her listen to the deluxe editions and Liar sold her on the album. She was like, why are the best tracks bonus tracks, they should be singles! :wyd:

44 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

My friend at work wasnt feeling the album when she streamed the preview snippets on iTunes, but I told her listen to the deluxe editions and Liar sold her on the album. She was like, why are the best tracks bonus tracks, they should be singles! :wyd:

If I see Larry I'm going to scold him. :sneer:

Glory was a solid effort by Britney Spears, and a step in the right direction artistically however unfortunately it did not translate into a commercial success. I think Team Britney needs to up its game when it comes to album promotional campaigns  as the last 2 have been disastrous. 

I think album 10 will be interesting as it will be the first album since Femme Fatale to be released away from the Piece Of Me residency commitments. I am hoping this will help Team Britney put in more effort to give audiences much bigger Britney performances and more worldwide promotion over a longer time span in order to truly bring the album to life, reach wider audiences and release a selection of 4-5 singles. 

Album sales don't mean much anymore, Britney did a lot of promo in the beginning of the era.... and it still didn't help.  Album sales in general are not that great anymore with the rise of streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and even Youtube.  I don't know anyone who buys albums anymore unless it's hard to find music, and I personally haven't bought a an album in ages because I subscribe to Spotify.  

Guest Arckangel

@Body ache, where did you get this list? Are these world sales or only US? I'm getting different numbers from other sources.

Britney Jean, 272,000 copies in the US:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7431005/lady-Gaga-frank-ocean-2016-album-britney-spears

Glory, 250,000 copies in the US, 10,000 in France:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Spears_discography

https://web.archive.org/web/20161221235248/http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-103199.html

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

@Body ache, where did you get this list? Are these world sales or only US? I'm getting different numbers from other sources.

Britney Jean, 272,000 copies in the US:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop/7431005/lady-Gaga-frank-ocean-2016-album-britney-spears

Glory, 250,000 copies in the US, 10,000 in France:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britney_Spears_discography

https://web.archive.org/web/20161221235248/http://www.chartsinfrance.net/actualite/news-103199.html

The list is from this year. Glory was released last year where it made the most money. Its sales this year was less that 98k.

7 hours ago, jennyj said:

Album sales don't mean much anymore, Britney did a lot of promo in the beginning of the era.... and it still didn't help.  Album sales in general are not that great anymore with the rise of streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music, and even Youtube.  I don't know anyone who buys albums anymore unless it's hard to find music, and I personally haven't bought a an album in ages because I subscribe to Spotify.  

True. I said on another thread awhile back that I feel like a dinosaur because I still buy physical albums for the artists I really, really like. Most of what I've bought recently is for older artists. There's still a toe dipped in the water for the modern stuff. I have Kylie, Britney and Little Boot's most recent albums. 

On 11/17/2017 at 12:53 AM, Body ache said:

It didnt even sell 100k this year. Why did she abandon the album like that? She could have performed Slumber Party at least once and it would have had some impact on the album sales. Maybe we would have gotten a third and fourth single too. :ineedthetruth:

Best Selling Female Albums of 2017 so far

1. Adele - 25: 1,420,000

2. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma: 1,112,000 total

3. Katy Perry - Witness: 845,000 total

4. Rihanna - Anti: 833,000

5. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman: 799,000

6. Sia - This Is Acting: 734,000

7. Lady Gaga - Joanne: 709,000

8. Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life: 648,000 total

9. Lorde - Melodrama:  638,000 total

10. Halsey - Hopeless Fountain Kingdom: 564,000 total

11. Beyoncé - Lemonade: 464,000

12. Kesha - Rainbow: 429,000 total

13. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me: 358,000 total

14. Little Mix - Glory Days: 310,000

15. Shania Twain - Now: 289,000 total 

16. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now: 202,000 total

17. Fifth Harmony - Fifth Harmony: 170,000 total

18. Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life: 98,000 total

Their is so much she could have done to save this album. The first, as u mentioned, is perform it!! She did absolutely little to no promotional work. No interviews, no performing any.. the vma was about it. Hoestly, I'm so happy her vegas residency is ending in December because it's taking all of her time. Once she wraps this up I hope she sits down for a year abd takes a break.

come back in a year wth a fresh album. And HOPEFULLY, just hopefully, better upbeat live performances. She's performing all the damn time, show after show that it's prob become dull for her. She sits down for a bit then maybe she'll be refreshed aND energized. I would love to see her come back in VMA 2019 with a brand new single and  BLOW OUT the VMA with some fresh choreography, new sound, all the theatrical stuff - lights, smoke, pyro fireworks and just knock it out.

And I don't see a show like that ever happening unless she steps away for a minute. 

But yes, glory was a failure commercially speaking. She needs to come back and actually promote her next one.

14 minutes ago, RobRog8999 said:

Their is so much she could have done to save this album. The first, as u mentioned, is perform it!! She did absolutely little to no promotional work. No interviews, no performing any.. the vma was about it. Hoestly, I'm so happy her vegas residency is ending in December because it's taking all of her time. Once she wraps this up I hope she sits down for a year abd takes a break.

come back in a year wth a fresh album. And HOPEFULLY, just hopefully, better upbeat live performances. She's performing all the damn time, show after show that it's prob become dull for her. She sits down for a bit then maybe she'll be refreshed aND energized. I would love to see her come back in VMA 2019 with a brand new single and  BLOW OUT the VMA with some fresh choreography, new sound, all the theatrical stuff - lights, smoke, pyro fireworks and just knock it out.

And I don't see a show like that ever happening unless she steps away for a minute. 

But yes, glory was a failure commercially speaking. She needs to come back and actually promote her next one.

Ya honestly the album didnt even stand a chance even before it was released. They did the bonus tracks dirty. They had JLM and they didnt put a rap feature on it. It could have been one of the most coolest albums/era with multiple singles and she was in shape. Make Me was too slow for a 1st single. They should have went with something radio friendly like Better or JLM but with a feature. They could have released Liar as a promo single and it would have done as well as a regular single.

Archived