Glory's album sales are embarrassing

Body ache

On 11/17/2017 at 1:51 AM, intoxicatedguy said:

Pink, katy perry, Lady Gaga, Kesha, shania twain & kelly clarkson all had ticket bundle offer, giving them the boost in the first week sales required to guarantee #1 and the exposure needed for the coming weeks’ sales.

lady Gaga had superbowl, Adele on her peak so it’s justifiable, Beyonce has a great marketing strategy and fresh young team working with her and planning every move she makes.

while britney...scrapped a controversial music video, forgot to mention her new album in almost every interview she made or simply just called it “her baby” and how her kids named the album because she finally finished it which was “glorious” before going back to talk about the vegas residency. And let’s not start with the weird collaboration choices they made ! 

Remind me again why are you surprised the Glory flopped ? :wyd:

Actually, neither Gaga nor Kelly had a ticket bundle. Kelly's fans wished she had done a ticket bundle, because she debuted at #2--a country singer debuted at #1 because of his ticket bundle (where 200k of 208k albums sold were part of his bundle). 

And since Gaga's tour is sold-out, she would've debuted with a lot more than 200k in her first week if she had a ticket bundle. But you're right in saying that this year she did substantially benefit from the SB.

I know Pink, Shania Twain and Katy Perry all did ticket bundles--not sure about Kesha.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ZAM9315 said:

If lady Gaga performed the cure... at the AMAS britney co uld have performed make me and slumber party :umsaywhat:

Gaga's fans are so pissed about this though; they've been melting down ever since they found out she was going to perform a 7-month-old song live for the very first time since its debut (especially since she completely ignored it back when it was actually new and needed promo). At the end of the day, I think every stanbase is having a dramatic meltdown 99% of the time. :Lshark:

5 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Actually, neither Gaga nor Kelly had a ticket bundle. Kelly's fans wished she had done a ticket bundle, because she debuted at #2--a country singer debuted at #1 because of his ticket bundle (where 200k of 208k albums sold were part of his bundle). 

And since Gaga's tour is sold-out, she would've debuted with a lot more than 200k in her first week if she had a ticket bundle. But you're right in saying that this year she did substantially benefit from the SB.

I know Pink, Shania Twain and Katy Perry all did ticket bundles--not sure about Kesha.

I actually didn’t check exactly who did the bundle and who did not i wrote the ones i remembered, but you’re missing the point here...it’s difficult for singers to get a #1 album nowadays and most if not all of them are using different marketing strategies & gimmicks to stay relevant and get the best exposure to keep their albums and songs in the charts whether from tour ticket bundles with katy perry to deals like the samsung deal with rihanna. And let’s not talk about promotion and performances, I mean Pink climbed a hotel yesterday for God’s sake

while britney is literally doing nothing, and when she does she half-***** it (AKA VMAs & carpool karaoke)

so it’s justifiable that Glory flopped although it’s one of my favs but im not surprised by its numbers seeing how her team and britney herself handled (or mishandled) it.

1 hour ago, intoxicatedguy said:

I actually didn’t check exactly who did the bundle and who did not i wrote the ones i remembered, but you’re missing the point here...it’s difficult for singers to get a #1 album nowadays and most if not all of them are using different marketing strategies & gimmicks to stay relevant and get the best exposure to keep their albums and songs in the charts whether from tour ticket bundles with katy perry to deals like the samsung deal with rihanna. And let’s not talk about promotion and performances, I mean Pink climbed a hotel yesterday for God’s sake

while britney is literally doing nothing, and when she does she half-***** it (AKA VMAs & carpool karaoke)

so it’s justifiable that Glory flopped although it’s one of my favs but im not surprised by its numbers seeing how her team and britney herself handled (or mishandled) it.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with all that. :bigtime: Sorry if I got too literal. :yesokay: I just have a compulsive need to fact-check everything, and that veers me toward the pedantic.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/20/2017 at 9:09 AM, Spearsfan said:

Honestly it will only get worse if they don't use this next year for creating hype. Britney just doing one week of promo will not cut it anymore. 

Unless they truly think Vegas will save them and give them money 

Yeah Vegas was one thing but Vegas won't keep her alive in this intense, constantly changing world of Pop. The competition is hotter then ever. She doesn't own and run the genre anymore. She doesn't have 1 or 2 people to worry about anymore but way more. The current genre of Pop is already jammed packed but with the added threat of up and comers who are always being scouted, and always seeking tomorrow's star. This Vegas thing was great for what it is, it gave Britney the luxury of time and refocusing her brand, stepping out of the limelight long enough to be missed, keeping her fresh, while also banking in Vegas, one stage, no travel etc that was great.. but its now 5 years later and it's prob perfect timing for her to be leaving because the world is starting to move on without her. 5 years away from awards shows, touring, interviewing and staying in the public eye is a LONG time for any musician, but exspecially the Pop Singers. It's time she get her *** back out their asap if she hopes to remain strong for years to come. Obviously, she'll forever be famous and forever iconic. But that isn't enough to stay revelant today. Look @ Madonna. Damn bearnear everyone knows her, super famous and forever an icon but even with her long career and achievements, we can all agree she's no longer relevant in today's world. She hasn't been a number 1 hit since probably 90s, abd before that 80s. Abd it's not like she hasn't tried. She's released stuff in recent times but for the most part, it goes unnoticed. And Britney will face this same threat if she doesbt get back out their asap.

It's already going downhill for her, after a HIGHLY successful career tho. Year by year. It's already now been a decade since she owned the genre with #1 hits. And even longer since she was at the height of her fame. And I love britney to death so I would never hope for this, on the contary, I worry for this day. When she can no longer get one song reaching number 1, it's already been many many years since she's been active in the award seasons. Blackout mostly. She hasn't received any recognition since then (for new stuff). I think for the first time in her career, she is now at the point where she's no longer guranteed number 1 hits or even a successful album..aND if this idea happens, she'll no longer be at award shows either. They'll stop inviting her if she isn't up for any awards abd doesbt have anything new to perform, abd that's when it seriously becomes a threat... 

This is defiantly the first time ever that a Britney Album could totally flopp. This usually happens slowly, each album selling less then the previous one as a new generation takes over and replaces the older. And so I think it's more important now then ever for Britney and her team to plot ideas and to learn how to recreate her image.

Britney Jean released in 2013, I beleive ? Went largely unnoticed. Flop. Then we had Glory more recently, but damn near 2 years ago now, beleive It or not. And we all know Glory wasn't impressive in sales or even recognition or any awards? I dobt recall it winning anything. Don't get me started on her lack of promotion tho, which has got to be doing some serious damage. And another important thing her team needs to make sure she does....promote!! I think I recently read that her record label already made this a top concern for her, not giving her the green light for another album without agreeing to her signing for a promotional tour. WhIch would make complete sense. I think her own record label is becoming more concerned with her and her numbers as well. Gotta remember, britney is an expensive artist. She's always had huge funds to invest in her album and music videos. She's got one of the top budgets in the game. If they're not making this money back, plus a reasonable amount on top, they will cut her finances too. Always a lot of things to consider.

It's become a long *** post now but basically, yes, she MUST get to work on her next album asap and her team needs to reinvent her image immediately. She's still young at 36. And has plenty of time left in her before she should walk away. So I hope we all get to see much more of her, the sad thought of having already seen the best we'll ever see from britney is extremely sad. 

All we (her fans) can do is trust she'll get back in the game asap and BRING IT the way we know she can next time around and continue supporting her... 

On 11/17/2017 at 2:09 AM, Born2Die said:

I still think singles should've gotten released in this order:

Make Me ft. G-Eazy (July release)

Do You Wanna Come Over (September release)

Slumber Party ft. Tinashe (December release)

Just Luv Me (February, Valentines Day, release)

Double release: 

U.S.- Love Me Down ft. Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez       and     International- Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) ft. Maluma (May Release)

Horrible choices for the main singles. :sendinglove:

On 11/17/2017 at 2:51 AM, intoxicatedguy said:

Pink, katy perry, Lady Gaga, Kesha, shania twain & kelly clarkson all had ticket bundle offer, giving them the boost in the first week sales required to guarantee #1 and the exposure needed for the coming weeks’ sales.

lady Gaga had superbowl, Adele on her peak so it’s justifiable, Beyonce has a great marketing strategy and fresh young team working with her and planning every move she makes.

while britney...scrapped a controversial music video, forgot to mention her new album in almost every interview she made or simply just called it “her baby” and how her kids named the album because she finally finished it which was “glorious” before going back to talk about the vegas residency. And let’s not start with the weird collaboration choices they made ! 

Remind me again why are you surprised the Glory flopped ? :wyd:

Do you guys really think releasing the original video would had made a impact? Whats so controversial about it? That she is twerking and pretty being (hate to say it but ) a *****. Sure it would be on websites like slumber party was but it wouldnt do much

On 11/18/2017 at 6:39 AM, britneymegamix said:

I don't understand who says that she done zero promo. That's not true: VMA, Jonathan Ross, Today Show (yes, from Vegas, but still), Apple Music,  iHeart, all those Christmas mini show, commercials, appareances (like on Ellen) and interviews. Yes, is not a massive promo, but there's many other popstar that did even less selling so much more. :mattafact:

This time was NOT a Promo's fault: is that her character is not interesting anymore, for the GP she's just a (plastic surgery's slave) **** with mediocre performances... How could we  deny it? Is true. :lemmetellu:

I'm pretty sure that if they released the David LaChapelle's version of Make Me it would be a little better in selling's terms or at least in exposure's terms. :anxiety:

I'll never forgive them for the VMA's hype: I was SO EXCITED, that snake's promo was pure gold, we waited for 9 years for her comeback, it was an unbelievable news... And they did a mediocre performance with mediocre costume with mediocre choreography with zero live vocals or at least pre-recording and above all a tribute to a new white rapper. I was shocked by their choice to burn an opportunity like that :imok:

I disagree I still think a big part was promo. Yeah she promoted it but it was only for less than a month, almost completely over seas (it had positive effect in england but not us) and promo that werent televised so it didnt do much.

plus the biggest mistake!

IT WAS MOSTLY ALL TOO LATE!!!!

make me was released in early july and she didnt promote (besides one or two radio interviews) until the vmas (late augst) by the vmas make me was 40/50 something. Then the promo stopped in the us

Slumber party released as a single early november. Could had easily performed at the amas and victoria secret fashion show that month! However she didnt “promote it” until dec with those three festivals shows that we not televised! Reminder: she did the la jingle ball that is not televised when she could had done the nyc one which was 

WAS THERE PROMO ?YEAH! DID IT SUCK? YEAH!!!

• 2 years later...
On 11/17/2017 at 9:53 AM, Body ache said:

It didnt even sell 100k this year. Why did she abandon the album like that? She could have performed Slumber Party at least once and it would have had some impact on the album sales. Maybe we would have gotten a third and fourth single too. :ineedthetruth:

Best Selling Female Albums of 2017 so far

1. Adele - 25: 1,420,000

2. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma: 1,112,000 total

3. Katy Perry - Witness: 845,000 total

4. Rihanna - Anti: 833,000

5. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman: 799,000

6. Sia - This Is Acting: 734,000

7. Lady Gaga - Joanne: 709,000

8. Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life: 648,000 total

9. Lorde - Melodrama:  638,000 total

10. Halsey - Hopeless Fountain Kingdom: 564,000 total

11. Beyoncé - Lemonade: 464,000

12. Kesha - Rainbow: 429,000 total

13. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me: 358,000 total

14. Little Mix - Glory Days: 310,000

15. Shania Twain - Now: 289,000 total 

16. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now: 202,000 total

17. Fifth Harmony - Fifth Harmony: 170,000 total

18. Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life: 98,000 total

God was the market for female artist in 2017 so bad that witness (which was flopping so badly at the time) was the third best-selling female album :shocked:

Glory is one of her best albums but it didn't do well for 3 reasons:
1) She didn't promote it enough. She did more than previous albums but most artists really get out there and let people know about their music.
2) She only released 2 singles and they were both slower songs. The GP wants dance songs from Britney. They didn't do well so they stopped releasing singles.
3) That era was still all about Vegas. They used two albums to promote a 5 year POM show :britoverit:

Archived