Glory's album sales are embarrassing

Body ache

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney refuses to promote, get that through your heads and stop blaming RCA. You think they want a flop?

Some fans think RCA wants to flop and lose money  :weusay: they don't even know how a company works 

Glory's floppage was pretty obvious from the very begining: a scrapped video, a lead single announced just like that, an album rushed in the announcement without at least 2 months of hype, no marketing design on the album cover & booklet, terrible promotion choices (and almost non existant) Vegas nightmare continuity, SP as second single with another feature, shall I continue? :ineedthetruth:

8 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Some fans think RCA wants to flop and lose money  :weusay: they don't even know how a company works 

Glory's floppage was pretty obvious from the very begining: a scrapped video, a lead single announced just like that, an album rushed in the announcement without at least 2 months of hype, no marketing design on the album cover & booklet, terrible promotion choices (and almost non existant) Vegas nightmare continuity, SP as second single with another feature, shall I continue? :ineedthetruth:

Britney’s a slave to her label, didn’t you know? She’s being forced to not get her hair and makeup professionally done and forced to work with Meghan Trainor’s choreographer. :tiffcackle: 

54 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney’s a slave to her label, didn’t you know? She’s being forced to not get her hair and makeup professionally done and forced to work with Meghan Trainor’s choreographer. :tiffcackle: 

Agreed.  As much as I and others sometimes depict Britney as a 'victim' of plastic surgery, this simply is not the case.

She's been in this business a long time... (Even though most of this episode is probably exaggerated, see 2:23)

It's a really good album that wasn't properly promoted and was just treated horribly in my opinion. 

Britney has lost the gp's interest years ago, so they won't pay attention until she forcefully grabs it and pulls them in so they can listen :mattafact:

With Britney's "I don't give a ****+I'm just glad it was over" attitude and her flop team no wonder her albums are continuously flopping. Britney Jean was bad, but Glory deserved more recognition tbh. 

It's just bad decision after bad decision.

Even if Britney doesn't care enough, she has a team and a label who are getting paid to promote her and build hype and get her name out there, without her having to do anything. And they do that really bad. That's a big problem, because Britney did serve songs, looks and even energy on stage.

Too much blame is being put on Britney’s team. They got her a VMA performance, carpool karaoke, iheartmusic performance, Apple Music festival Ellen, Kimmel, and more. Other artists would dream for that type of promo.

The issue is that Britney put in little to no effort and no one took her seriously.

I think Britney herself causes this flopage! Her VMA comeback was a fiasco purposely because she doesn't want fame anymore!

A hit single or a controversy performance / music video could bring her name back to the tabloids and she just wants to live her life!

Vegas brings the money so she doesn't care.. As long as her team gets paid everything is PERFECT

6 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Too much blame is being put on Britney’s team. They got her a VMA performance, carpool karaoke, iheartmusic performance, Apple Music festival Ellen, Kimmel, and more. Other artists would dream for that type of promo.

The issue is that Britney put in little to no effort and no one took her seriously.

Nobody cares about effort. It's the fact that she released good music and not music that sounds like every other song on the radio

Guest Diamond Horse
19 hours ago, Born2Die said:

The thought of Britney performing gets me wet. I love Britnaay, its not a sin...I cant control whats happening 

courtney-stodden.gif

Are you a ****** *********?

13 hours ago, George Kallis said:

I think Britney herself causes this flopage! Her VMA comeback was a fiasco purposely because she doesn't want fame anymore!

A hit single or a controversy performance / music video could bring her name back to the tabloids and she just wants to live her life!

Vegas brings the money so she doesn't care.. As long as her team gets paid everything is PERFECT

This is true.  He VMA was so hyped up and she basically gave a nonchalant performance.  She couldn't have been that unaware of how hyped her performance was leading up to it.

I posted a video of that Vh1 Fabulous Life of Britney Spears, specifically the part that shows all her beauty stylists from the early 2000s. (2:23) 

She's been in this business a long time and could easily have a beauty team similar to that but doesn't.  She's obviously doing a lot of what she does intentionally.

The problem is that she developed massive fans and this is a slap in the face to them.  Perhaps, given the life she's led, it's understandable that she doesn't want to be 'big'. 

But being an unarguably mediocre performer in Vegas is just wrong to your fans.

I don't understand who says that she done zero promo. That's not true: VMA, Jonathan Ross, Today Show (yes, from Vegas, but still), Apple Music,  iHeart, all those Christmas mini show, commercials, appareances (like on Ellen) and interviews. Yes, is not a massive promo, but there's many other popstar that did even less selling so much more. :mattafact:

This time was NOT a Promo's fault: is that her character is not interesting anymore, for the GP she's just a (plastic surgery's slave) **** with mediocre performances... How could we  deny it? Is true. :lemmetellu:

I'm pretty sure that if they released the David LaChapelle's version of Make Me it would be a little better in selling's terms or at least in exposure's terms. :anxiety:

I'll never forgive them for the VMA's hype: I was SO EXCITED, that snake's promo was pure gold, we waited for 9 years for her comeback, it was an unbelievable news... And they did a mediocre performance with mediocre costume with mediocre choreography with zero live vocals or at least pre-recording and above all a tribute to a new white rapper. I was shocked by their choice to burn an opportunity like that :imok:

On 17/11/2017 at 3:36 PM, BoyToySoldier said:

Britney refuses to promote, get that through your heads and stop blaming RCA. You think they want a flop?

This,

do you know if there was any truth to them blocking any future releases until she hands them a full promo strategy?

Archived