Glory's album sales are embarrassing

Body ache

It didnt even sell 100k this year. Why did she abandon the album like that? She could have performed Slumber Party at least once and it would have had some impact on the album sales. Maybe we would have gotten a third and fourth single too. :ineedthetruth:

Best Selling Female Albums of 2017 so far

1. Adele - 25: 1,420,000

2. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma: 1,112,000 total

3. Katy Perry - Witness: 845,000 total

4. Rihanna - Anti: 833,000

5. Ariana Grande - Dangerous Woman: 799,000

6. Sia - This Is Acting: 734,000

7. Lady Gaga - Joanne: 709,000

8. Lana Del Rey - Lust For Life: 648,000 total

9. Lorde - Melodrama:  638,000 total

10. Halsey - Hopeless Fountain Kingdom: 564,000 total

11. Beyoncé - Lemonade: 464,000

12. Kesha - Rainbow: 429,000 total

13. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me: 358,000 total

14. Little Mix - Glory Days: 310,000

15. Shania Twain - Now: 289,000 total 

16. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now: 202,000 total

17. Fifth Harmony - Fifth Harmony: 170,000 total

18. Kelly Clarkson - Meaning of Life: 98,000 total

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think singles should've gotten released in this order:

Make Me ft. G-Eazy (July release)

Do You Wanna Come Over (September release)

Slumber Party ft. Tinashe (December release)

Just Luv Me (February, Valentines Day, release)

Double release: 

U.S.- Love Me Down ft. Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez       and     International- Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) ft. Maluma (May Release)

28 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Double release: 

U.S.- Love Me Down ft. Ariana Grande or Selena Gomez       and     International- Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes) ft. Maluma (May Release)

Better was the only good single material and should have been the first single then Make Me then Just Love Me, but with a rap feature like this song.

Her team is so stupid. You know theyre stupid when they have jems like Change Your Mind, Better, and Mood Ring and make them bonus tracks. They had a jem like Just Love Me but they treated it so badly. It needed a rap feature and the single treatment. I know some pop girls who would kill to have those songs.

Pink, katy perry, Lady Gaga, Kesha, shania twain & kelly clarkson all had ticket bundle offer, giving them the boost in the first week sales required to guarantee #1 and the exposure needed for the coming weeks’ sales.

lady Gaga had superbowl, Adele on her peak so it’s justifiable, Beyonce has a great marketing strategy and fresh young team working with her and planning every move she makes.

while britney...scrapped a controversial music video, forgot to mention her new album in almost every interview she made or simply just called it “her baby” and how her kids named the album because she finally finished it which was “glorious” before going back to talk about the vegas residency. And let’s not start with the weird collaboration choices they made ! 

Remind me again why are you surprised the Glory flopped ? :wyd:

34 minutes ago, Born2Die said:

Double release: 

That's almost what she did, do you wanna come over was a buzz single released before the album came out. This would not have helped. 

I think she needed a better lead single. Unpopular opinion here but make me is not the tea. She needed a powerhouse first single and I think the vulnerability on just luv me would have smashed as a second single after she got everyone's attention with the first single. A Liar remix might have worked and if they used some of those awesome vocal runs they hid. Or a remix of love me down, and when I say remix I just mean a slight remix like crazy and overprotected, some of the songs just needed some harder hitting beats and base. And other than that she needed to do promo and charm the **** out of America like she knows how tf to do!

:beyfedup:

1 minute ago, intoxicatedguy said:

Pink, katy perry, Lady Gaga, Kesha, shania twain & kelly clarkson all had ticket bundle offer, giving them the boost in the first week sales required to guarantee #1 on the first week and the exposure needed for the coming weeks’ sales.

lady Gaga had superbowl, Adele on her peak so it’s justifiable, Beyonce has a great marketing strategy and fresh young team working with her and planning every move she makes.

while britney...scrapped a controversial music video, forgot to mention her new album in almost every interview she made or simply just called it “her baby” and how her kids named the album because she finally finished it which was “glorious” before going back to talk about the vegas residency. 

Remind me again why are you surprised the Glory flopped ? :wyd:

I think that we're not surprised.

Glorious would have been a better name. Or a perfect rerelease name! Omg, we're missing out on so much. If she would just apply herself. 

1 minute ago, CrAzAY said:

That's almost what she did, do you wanna come over was a buzz single released before the album came out. This would not have helped. 

I think she needed a better lead single. Unpopular opinion here but make me is not the tea. She needed a powerhouse first single and I think the vulnerability on just luv me would have smashed as a second single after she got everyone's attention with the first single. A Liar remix might have worked and if they used some of those awesome vocal runs they hid. Or a remix of love me down, and when I say remix I just mean a slight remix like crazy and overprotected, some of the songs just needed some harder hitting beats and base. And other than that she needed to do promo and charm the **** out of America like she knows how tf to do!

:beyfedup:

I feel like Liar would have been a good single for her considering it was the highest peaking album track on itunes when the album was released.

Just now, Body ache said:

I feel like Liar would have been a good single for her considering it was the highest peaking album track on itunes when the album was released.

Yes! And if they let those vocals run shine. Plus the controversy of is it about justin or not couldn't hurt, her finally calling him out after all these years... or not, mystery is so in right now. I think this would have been a totally different era.

1 minute ago, CrAzAY said:

Yes! And if they let those vocals run shine. Plus the controversy of is it about justin or not couldn't hurt, her finally calling him out after all these years... or not, mystery is so in right now. I think this would have been a totally different era.

Another reason why her team is stupid.

Archived