Breaking: Gunman Opens Fire At Route 91 Harvest Country Festival In Las Vegas

Jordan Miller

6 minutes ago, CashmereCat said:

No.  ISIS is just gloryhunting.  If they could take responsibility for your flat-tire running you off the road & causing you bodily harm, they would.

If it's true they would have videos from the gunman, maybe they release it soon, idk that's what they did in the past.

According to the newsarticle he is moslem for a few months?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Personally, I believe in the constitution and people do have a right to bear arms. Break-ins are pretty common in the US and not everyone knows how to defend themselves in the case of a home intruder, most of which could be armed themselves.

However, I want a reform on gun control. Civilians should not be allowed to purchase military grade weapons. If you want to shoot one, go to a shooting range. You don't need to own one. What's the point. To protect yourself, a simple handgun will do the job.

6 minutes ago, CashmereCat said:

I don't know about the north, but I know the south here loves their guns.  I don't mind simple glock for protection especially in high criminal areas.  Some people like a collection.  Some people hunt.  My father in law has multiple rifles, scopes, guns because  I think some people really just like the "collection" - he never uses them.

I wouldn't mind getting a handgun because I wouldn't take ANY chances with ANY robber, etc.  Especially if I have a child.  My life and my families life is worth more than you need for my TV and DVD collection.  (and you don't have time to get some mace/pepper spray or a knife especially if they're huge, or have a weapon themselves)

5 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

In an ideal world, guns wouldn’t exist. But unfortunately there are so many guns in circulation in the United States that it’s very easy for criminals to get their hands on them. I personally don’t have a gun, but I understand if people want to keep one for protection. It sounds a bit excessive, but most people would just shoot an intruder in the foot or leg and they would fall down.

However, automatic and semi-automatic weapons definitely shouldn’t be sold. They’re used in every mass shooting and there’s no reason why people need them.

1 minute ago, fucknfurter said:

Guns just scare me in general, it doesn't matter what kind they are. But, at the same time, I believe in someone else's right to protect themselves with them if they choose to, and the fact is, trying to ban them completely wouldn't work. (I live in the South; it definitely will not work here.) Too many opposers, including the government itself (it's well known they take money from the NRA), etc etc... I mean, if they did ban them completely, that doesn't stop the black market sales and distribution, either. So I do believe reform on gun control would be what's best. And no high-powered automatics or semi-automatics in a no-combat/war zone, are you kidding me? The fact that citizens can own them bothers the hell out of me.

We've had so many mass shootings, and still, nothing ever gets changed because the second its brought up, people start screaming about their rights and NRA lobbyists attend every gun control meeting in every state, etc, that they can to prevent it from happening. And then it happens again. It's just... a really sad cycle.

i can understand doing the most to protect the people u love and i get what u say fucknfurter about it being pointless to ban them, makes sense. i just think there are sooo many risks with having guns, i guess what i would say is it should be difficult to get a hold of a gun. people can be careless and i just don't know how i feel about civilians being allowed access to something as dangerous as a gun.

1 minute ago, Alexanda said:

If it's true they would have videos from the gunman, maybe they release it soon, idk that's what they did in the past.

According to the newsarticle he is moslem for a few months?

I think it's more probable that he had a mental illness.  And what's the news article?  There's a lot of speculation circulating but it's just very UNLIKELY ISIS was involved.

6 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

i can understand doing the most to protect the people u love and i get what u say fucknfurter about it being pointless to ban them, makes sense. i just think there are sooo many risks with having guns, i guess what i would say is it should be difficult to get a hold of a gun. people can be careless and i just don't know how i feel about civilians being allowed access to something as dangerous as a gun.

I get that, it’s important that they don’t end up in the wrong hands. There are some people that you can’t trust to be responsible with a gun, the entire country needs an overhaul of its mental health services.

Also, there of been cases where people under suspicion from the FBI have been able to legally purchase a gun. People on the do not fly list can also buy a gun legally, which needs to change 

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Oh no, I agree with that, too. Some sort of stricter access should be applied (personally, I've always been for psychiatric tests), but that never happens either, and I don't know if it goes back to people thinking its a threat to have guns taken away from them to even suggest such a thing, or our healthcare system being completely corrupt/****** up, too. Probably both.

Just now, danny1994 said:

I get that, it’s important that they don’t end up in the wrong hands. There are some people that you can’t trust to be responsible with a gun, the entire country needs an overhaul of its mental health services.

mental health services in a lot of countries are an absolute shambles. there is no REAL support for people and they wonder why no one wants to come forward with their issues?

suicide is one of the biggest killers in men all because we still have this ridiculous mentality that men can't have feelings, u have to "be a man" like stfu honestly i didn't realise we were still in the 1900s. there seems to be this correlation between asking for help and being "weak". we all have times where we need help not specifically for mental illnesses obviously but we can't do everything on our own & having a mental illness or asking for help for anything does not make anyone weak, ever.

I wouldn’t be too worried about any Britney shows,, those are in an indoor theatre with excellent security. This shooting happened outdoors with someone shooting from a skyscraper.

On the other hand, I don’t think Mandalay Bay will have another outdoor concert after this.

24 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Oh no, I agree with that, too. Some sort of stricter access should be applied (personally, I've always been for psychiatric tests), but that never happens either, and I don't know if it goes back to people thinking its a threat to have guns taken away from them to even suggest such a thing, or our healthcare system being completely corrupt/****** up, too. Probably both.

psychiatric tests was what i was thinking of aswell. honestly if a person feels like there is a possibility a gun would be taken away from them then they obviously shouldn't own the gun. they must know of a reason why they shouldn't own one otherwise why worry?

3 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

mental health services in a lot of countries are an absolute shambles. there is no REAL support for people and they wonder why no one wants to come forward with their issues?

suicide is one of the biggest killers in men all because we still have this ridiculous mentality that men can't have feelings, u have to "be a man" like stfu honestly i didn't realise we were still in the 1900s. there seems to be this correlation between asking for help and being "weak". we all have times where we need help not specifically for mental illnesses obviously but we can't do everything on our own & having a mental illness or asking for help for anything does not make anyone weak, ever.

Yep, its an unfortunate mentality that people have. Both men and women shouldn’t be embarrassed to get help, and help should be way more accessible and affordable than it currently is.

1 hour ago, danny1994 said:

I wouldn’t be too worried about any Britney shows,, those are in an indoor theatre with excellent security. This shooting happened outdoors with someone shooting from a skyscraper.

On the other hand, I don’t think Mandalay Bay will have another outdoor concert after this.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how could this guy be let in a hotel carriyng an automatic weapon? 

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You try living in a high crime area and have nothing to defend yourself with when armed robbers break into your home. :tiffcackle:

Europe gets by just fine without guns, even in high crime areas. Is your kind of thinking that leaves america stuck in the dark ages when it comes to gun law

Guest BreatheOnMoi
6 minutes ago, MANDIXMX said:

Hotels don’t check peoples luggage though and have no way of checking whats being brought into their hotel

I have a feeling this will change very soon. 

Just now, notacamwhore said:

Europe gets by just fine without guns, even in high crime areas. Is your kind of thinking that leaves america stuck in the dark ages when it comes to gun law

Europe also has universal healthcare. Unfortunately this country can't 360 our government completely in one day. The right to bear arms is still embedded in our constitution. You want us to quit cold turkey and have the country erupt into Civil War 2? K.

Archived