Breaking: Gunman Opens Fire At Route 91 Harvest Country Festival In Las Vegas

Jordan Miller

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

Because security wasn't there at the event yesterday? Or at Ariana's concert? :idkha:

In this particular case there wasn't too much that security could've done at the event, because the shooter wasn't actually there. If any, the hotels should start heightening their safety measures as well. I mean, everyone should be more strict with that, especially this kind of places where there are too many people. If they're so strict for the M&G I just want to believe they're like that for the show too.

5 hours ago, lolo. said:

In Europe as well (at least in my country) to own a gun you need to get a license. To get a license  you need to cover certain requierements: tests on your mental health, along with no proofs that you have been in prision before, neither you have committed any crime (for instance domestic violence). Then, someone owning a gun is mentally prepared (aka not potentially dangerous) to get it. 

I don’t know if in the US that kind of politics are applied to gun ownership

The shooter had no criminal record and no known history (at least, as of now) of mental illness. Also, the guns he used were ALREADY illegal. Gun laws would've done nothing to prevent this tragedy.

1 hour ago, ifuseekari said:

Prayers to those affected! I feel like the world is getting more and more dangerous each day. :brityeah:

Having said that, being a huge nation, stricter gun controls are imperative. True that you can't stop/control people from killing other people but you can control their numbers. :lemmetellu:

The guns he used were already illegal.

8 hours ago, lolo. said:

I am not from the US, and I am confused. I read on the internet that ppl (or the media) are not describing this event and act of terrorism (I cannot understand why, probably because the terrorist himself is white?) But, of course, this event is an act of terrorism. Because an organized terrorist group isn’t behind this attack doesn’t mean that the attack itself is not terrorism.

Yesterday, +800 citizens were (some of them hardly) injured by the Spanish police regarding the independence of Catalunya. That’s also an act of terrorism, and no ISIS member was involved.

I also see that US civilians are constantly  arguing about legalizing guns or not. I don’t want to sound ignorant (neither insult anyone) , but after all the shootings taking place in the US, why ppl still agree with the legalization of guns? 

Well,he really is not a terrorist. Terrorism is extreme act of violence because of certain political ideology. What he did could be because he was mentally unstable for example,so that doesn't make him a terrorist.

What's happening in Spain is more of an act of political tyranny.

1 hour ago, STARTWINK said:

Well,he really is not a terrorist. Terrorism is extreme act of violence because of certain political ideology. What he did could be because he was mentally unstable for example,so that doesn't make him a terrorist.

1:the unlawful use or threat of violence especially against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion
2:violent and intimidating gang activity  (street terrorism)

Frankly, despite the primary definition includes a political intensive, I consider any violent act carried out on a massive scale to be terrorism. The objective of terrorism is to spread terror and fear among people. Anyone intending to spread fear or terror in people via violence of any kind should be labelled a terrorist! 

8 hours ago, iZacaree said:

The shooter had no criminal record and no known history (at least, as of now) of mental illness. Also, the guns he used were ALREADY illegal. Gun laws would've done nothing to prevent this tragedy.

There are psychos over there without a criminal record (mainly because they have not committed any crime yet or they did but they have not been reported). But if a psychiatrist tests them before getting any gun probably things could be different imo.

pd: I am not saying that this should be applied to that specific man, but generally to any US citizen who wants to get a gun

5 hours ago, STARTWINK said:

Yes, what happened in Spain is an extreme act of violence because of a certain political ideology in fact.

I see your point, but, all terrorists are mentally unstable. It’s true that some of them are quite linked to a certain political ideology, but what I feel is that ppl just call “terrorism” to those events made by Muslim ppl. I am pretty sure that if that man is confirmed to be Muslim, things would be quite, quite different.

4 hours ago, mylonliNESS said:
1:the unlawful use or threat of violence especially against the state or the public as a politically motivated means of attack or coercion
2:violent and intimidating gang activity  (street terrorism)

Frankly, despite the primary definition includes a political intensive, I consider any violent act carried out on a massive scale to be terrorism. The objective of terrorism is to spread terror and fear among people. Anyone intending to spread fear or terror in people via violence of any kind should be labelled a terrorist! 

Touché

They just have to change gun law in America. They have to stop it!!

when I first heard on the news they showed this guy instastory himself while running away.... so I found him on Instagram just to check those instastories he made while it was happening and then I checked his pictures. Basically he's some rich guy showing his luxury lifestyle ,private jets ,topless women always around and that's fine by me, but what really bothered me that he had lots pictures of guns, like collections of guns.... this is flipping sick, I mean sick in the head. America has to stop the whole easy gun allowance. Why nobody talks about it. It's why it keeps happening.

18 minutes ago, Plaidatlo said:

They just have to change gun law in America. They have to stop it!!

when I first heard on the news they showed this guy instastory himself while running away.... so I found him on Instagram just to check those instastories he made while it was happening and then I checked his pictures. Basically he's some rich guy showing his luxury lifestyle ,private jets ,topless women always around and that's fine by me, but what really bothered me that he had lots pictures of guns, like collections of guns.... this is flipping sick, I mean sick in the head. America has to stop the whole easy gun allowance. Why nobody talks about it. It's why it keeps happening.

I truly think our Government wants guns to keep population control and guns make big bucks. Which is truly messed up but the truth. 

I think we need stricter gun rules. Laws in general should be stricter. Limit to only handguns and like a certain type of hunting gun ppl are allow access to. Still terrible but if they go on a rampage the death toll would be minimum. 

I don't trust our government and wouldnt want the only ppl to have weapons be the government. Because then they would have  absolute control. 

2 hours ago, lolo. said:

Yes, what happened in Spain is an extreme act of violence because of a certain political ideology in fact.

I see your point, but, all terrorists are mentally unstable. It’s true that some of them are quite linked to a certain political ideology, but what I feel is that ppl just call “terrorism” to those events made by Muslim ppl. I am pretty sure that if that man is confirmed to be Muslim, things would be quite, quite different.

Yes but what happened in Spain was committed by government. If there is organization forming with violent ideology of Catalonia staying inside Spain's borders, they would be terrorists organization, that usually happens when country want separation. But I hope that won't happen in Spain.

Hmm, I wouldn't call terrorists mentally unstable,maybe brainwashed. There are a lot of crime committed because of untreated or badly treated mental illness unfortunately.

I don't think people call terrorists attacks only when they are committed by Muslim ppl ( Terrorism in Ukraine)

However,it's a fact that 95% of terrorists attacks in past 20 years are committed by Muslim ppl.If that man was Muslim I think they would try to connect him to ISIS or just with Islam being violent ideology in general .

So reaction would be different but that's reasonable.

Just now, STARTWINK said:

Yes but what happened in Spain was committed by government. If there is organization forming with violent ideology of Catalonia staying inside Spain's borders, they would be terrorists organization, that usually happens when country want separation. But I hope that won't happen in Spain.

Hmm, I wouldn't call terrorists mentally unstable,maybe brainwashed. There are a lot of crime committed because of untreated or badly treated mental illness unfortunately.

I don't think people call terrorists attacks only when they are committed by Muslim ppl ( Terrorism in Ukraine)

However,it's a fact that 95% of terrorists attacks in past 20 years are committed by Muslim ppl.If that man was Muslim I think they would try to connect him to ISIS or just with Islam being violent ideology in general .

So reaction would be different but that's reasonable.

Because a LEGAL gubernamental organization is behind an attack doesn’t mean it isn’t terrorism. I am from Catalunya, and I saw the face of terror of my friends and grandmother when they decided to vote, and in my eyes, that was terrorism. 

Secondly, followers of terrorists are brain-washed. In Europe, most of Muslim ppl committing attacks of terror are young people which are used for their own benefits. But, the ones ruling and hiding, aren’t brainwashed, they’re psychos. By mentally unstable, I don’t address at someone “mad”, they are quite rational (which is even sadder, because that makes them even more evil).  ****** was mentally unstable, he was a psycho, but he was rational enough to do what he did.

Finally, I don’t think Muslim ppl are behind 95% of the attacks in the last 20 years. US government is behind what’s happening in Latin America, what’s happening in Syria, and the Arabian countries. Black ppl are not being killed by Muslim in the US. And the list goes on. My point is that legality doesn’t mean justice neither rationality. 

Archived