Breaking: Gunman Opens Fire At Route 91 Harvest Country Festival In Las Vegas

Jordan Miller

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Europe also has universal healthcare. Unfortunately this country can't 360 our government completely in one day. The right to bear arms is still embedded in our constitution. You want us to quit cold turkey and have the country erupt into Civil War 2? K.

And it'll be the same argument after the next mass shooting and the one after and the one after :triggered:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Security is ****. :lemmetellu: I understand that checking EVERY person before a concert with 100 000 (and up) attending it is a burden but seriously, with new terror acts of the week left and right, security should be through the roof, but nah... :weirdmeout: There is no other way at this point. :gross:

The shooter wasn't even at the concert. He checked into a hotel adjacent to the outdoor concert, busted a window in his room and started shooting on the ground from above.

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Unfortunately, the hotel wasn't required to be checking luggage. There's also a gun show scheduled for the city on Oct. 7th, so it's not like seeing someone checking in with a gun was out of the ordinary for this week. :( 

"Gun Show"? Now that's ridiculous. :weirdmeout: People saying they have the rights to own guns (which I support) FOR PROTECTION, but then there's ******' gun shows? Wat? :weirdmeout:

I am not from the US, and I am confused. I read on the internet that ppl (or the media) are not describing this event as an act of terrorism (I cannot understand why, probably because the terrorist himself is white?) But, of course, this event is an act of terrorism. Because an organized terrorist group isn’t behind this attack doesn’t mean that the attack itself is not terrorism.

Yesterday, +800 citizens were (some of them hardly) injured by the Spanish police regarding the independence of Catalunya. That’s also an act of terrorism, and no ISIS member was involved.

I also see that US civilians are constantly  arguing about legalizing guns or not. I don’t want to sound ignorant (neither insult anyone) , but after all the shootings taking place in the US, why ppl still agree with the legalization of guns? 

2 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Europe also has universal healthcare. Unfortunately this country can't 360 our government completely in one day. The right to bear arms is still embedded in our constitution. You want us to quit cold turkey and have the country erupt into Civil War 2? K.

In Europe as well (at least in my country) to own a gun you need to get a license. To get a license  you need to cover certain requierements: tests on your mental health, along with no proofs that you have been in prision before, neither you have committed any crime (for instance domestic violence). Then, someone owning a gun is mentally prepared (aka not potentially dangerous) to get it. 

I don’t know if in the US that kind of politics are applied to gun ownership

But Mandalay Bay not having metal detectors etc. Is beyond ridiculous. If there was even a gun show (wtf is that anyways) , they should have had a list of performers and attendees . 

It's surprising to me that such huge hotels don't have basic security measures, but small hotels here in India too arry out these checks

Guest Brichney.
9 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yes, security will be heightened for her and the audience's safety.

Because security wasn't there at the event yesterday? Or at Ariana's concert? :idkha:

Archived