Honestly the thing i love the most about GODNEY

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
8 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

You keep saying that. It’s used as “stupid” and “dumb”.

But the majority of Americans that say it also use it that way. And it’s wrong here too. It’s actually used the same way in your country as my country, but we have the common decency to tell people it’s wrong :whitney:

No, we never use it for the condition 

Big difference :whitney:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Its not a difficult concept, its offensive ANYWHERE

Not here, as its never used for disabled people  :whitney:

However French would find offensive to learn that you use that common insult to refer to a condition.

Its just a completely different use of the word, and we shouldnt be on page 9 right now.

1 minute ago, button said:

i just hope u 2 are being sincere and not just helping each other out of this thread. and No don't speak for every French speaking country in Europe. I mean the case in France makes sense if i go by ur claims that attardé isn't used in the psychology field, dunno about german.

No I'm not lying. Are you from Wallonia or something? Is the word ******** used there among doctors? 

2 minutes ago, button said:

Yes, just like "********" was handled. Keep refering to ACTUAL ******** people as "********" and prohibit the usage of the word with negative connotations/as an insult. thats how it should be. Not abdandon the word and jump to another one. :whitney:

I guess it's the way words and their usage evolve, it cannot be controlled once it becomes a norm even though initially and logically it's wrong to use them. 

1 minute ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

The word is used by everyone, its a synonym of stupid and does not make us think about disabled people :whitney:

Ask french people here :whitney:

How do you know? :whitney: do you know every single french person? I doubt you are that popular :whitney: i'd love to ask a disabled french person how they felt about the word ****** being used as an insult towards someone :whitney: back to what I was saying, you knew it was offensive and still used it in a ****** "joke" which btw wasn't funny only you laughed :whitney: so you can take your pathetic excuses elsewhere you aren't fooling me:whitney:  

1 minute ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Not here, as its never used for disabled people  :whitney:

However French would find offensive to learn that you use that common insult to refer to a condition.

Its just a completely different use of the word, and we shouldnt be on page 9 right now.

What common insult did I use to refer to a condition?:whitney: stop diverting what YOU said :whitney: 

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

How do you know? :whitney: do you know every single french person? I doubt you are that popular :whitney: i'd love to ask a disabled french person how they felt about the word ****** being used as an insult towards someone :whitney: back to what I was saying, you knew it was offensive and still used it in a ****** "joke" which btw wasn't funny only you laughed :whitney: so you can take your pathetic excuses elsewhere you aren't fooling me:whitney:  

Attardé is used everywhere, also on television :whitney: It means stupid :whitney:

5 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

If you don't believe us ask a French doctor yourself, they'd tell you they never use that word to refer to disabled persons. It's WRONG and offensive. 

What's an insult for disabled persons here is to use "handicapped" (handicapé) as an insult, which is pretty common here sadly. 

9 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

What common insult did I use to refer to a condition?:whitney: stop diverting what YOU said :whitney: 

******** is a common insult here, thats why french would be shocked to learn that for you, its used for a condition:whitney:

Just now, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

Attardé is used everywhere, also on television :whitney: It means stupid :whitney:

Yet it means mentally ******** person:whitney: and you are using it as an insult :whitney: there is no excuse, even my country uses it as an insult when they shouldn't, just because others use it doesn't mean you should especially when you knew what it meant :whitney:

Just now, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

******** is a common insult here, thats why french would be shocked to learn that for you, its used for a condition:whitney:

Like I said you can't speak for your entire country like I can't mine, its not an excuse  :whitney:

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

She’s saying french people would be offended of using the word ******** to describe the condition.

That’s literally what the condition is called :tiffcackle:

It’s a scientific term :tiffcackle:

6 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Yet it means mentally ******** person:whitney: and you are using it as an insult :whitney: there is no excuse, even my country uses it as an insult when they shouldn't, just because others use it doesn't mean you should especially when you knew what it meant :whitney:

No its not used for disabled people :whitney:

I repeat No its not used for disabled people  :whitney:

6 minutes ago, danny1994 said:

She’s saying french people would be offended of using the word ******** to describe the condition.

That’s literally what the condition is called :tiffcackle:

It’s a scientific term :tiffcackle:

Come here, no scientist / doctor would use it, or thats the end of their career :tiffcackle:

That's like saying dumb

10 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Like I said you can't speak for your entire country like I can't mine, its not an excuse  :whitney:

Ask every french people here, I'll wait :whitney:

2 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

No its not used for disabled people :whitney:

I repeat No its not used for disabled people  :whitney:

****** IS a word to refer to a disabled person, a person with limited capabilities omg this whole time you've had no idea what you're saying :tiffcackle: YOU are using a word which means a person that is disabled as an INSULT which is OFFENSIVE :whitney:

@danny1994 im screaming :tiffcackle:

11 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

****** IS a word to refer to a disabled person, a person with limited capabilities omg this whole time you've had no idea what you're saying :tiffcackle: YOU are using a word which means a person that is disabled as an INSULT which is OFFENSIVE :whitney:

I didn't know it's a common word that you use for disabled, since we don't here :whitney:

10 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

I don't need to to know that using ****** in the way you did is OFFENSIVE :whitney:

I didn't know it's offensive in english, since it isn't in french :whitney:

Archived